Sponsored by:

Did I See Part Of A C7???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:47 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Did I See Part Of A C7???

We recently got back from participating in the Corvette XPerience at the Corvette Museum. While on our VIP tour of the plant (which is magnificent by the way and gives you much more info than a public tour, which I have taken twice before), our guide pointed out a front and back bumper sitting together by themselves over in a part of the plant where no one was working. Our guide said that those were possibly working versions of the front and back bumpers of the C7. We didn't get too close. I think they were blue; definitely Corvette looking, but different, more streamlined somehow. They had them almost side by side, front and back bumpers, but nothing in the middle. No, don't have any pics as no cameras are allowed in the plant. But I was trying to burn the image in my head for future reference, and all that was shot out the window when I got the chance to start up a brand new Z06 with zero miles on the odometer!

Our guide told us there are rumblings of future Solstice and Sky production being moved to the plant, and that could mean a possible integration of that size/shape in the new Corvette. I told him I hoped not!

I also asked him about the rumor that somewhere in the Museum there is a picture or something else C7-related hidden in plain sight (I looked hard and didn't see anything). He said he didn't know about any C7 parts in the Museum. I told him that back in '94 when the Museum first opened, I videoed in one area a clay mock-up of a Corvette dash that I was positive was the new C5 dash. He admitted that yes, it was, in plain sight. And overhead nearby was the C5 frame hanging right over everyone's head and no one noticed it!

So do you think I've seen the C7 bumpers????

Last edited by CandyVette; 08-27-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:22 PM
rpoz06
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Could be - while on a tour of the plant in 2005 during our car's build we looked behind a door and the fenders of the new Z06 were mounted on a mock up of the car. They quickly urged me to keep up w/ the tour! A couple of the workers also told us about Crystal red metallic at that time and what a fantastic color in would be on the Z06!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Camaro4Life
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those parts were possibly from another vehicle that is going to or already share the frame of the vette. The C7 is not in a stage to be mocked up in the Corvette plant. GM still has a minimum of four years until the C6 will cease production.

Get notified of new replies

To Did I See Part Of A C7???

Quick Reply: Did I See Part Of A C7???