Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Zo6 600hp

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 AM
marcus769
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After seeing the changes that are going to be available on the grand sport, the Z06 is surely due for some significant changes (maybe there already is, that I dont know about), but having almost every option available to the grand sport that the Z06 has which sets it apart, who the hell would pay for just the engine/power of the Z06!? How cool is it to have the Z06 looks, handling, braking of a Z06 with no roof!? People are excited as hell for the new Grand Sport and they should be. I dont even know if pricing is released yet, so I shouldn't get too uptight about this, but hopefully they're making some nice changes on the Z!

My .02 on what they should do for the Z06:

* New seats! At least make it an option! Recaros please!
* More/ different wheel choices
* An optional suspension
* Why not more power!?

Last edited by marcus769; 06-29-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:47 AM
MisterZ28
Advanced

I think maybe the year is a bit early.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:30 PM
CorvetteKidd98
Heel & Toe

I only hope that the government doesn't interfere with the production of sports cars, although I fear it is inevitable. Get your corvettes now before its too late, especially now that the Feds have such a hand in GM's production decisions. I'm a GM guy all the way but you have to give Ford respect for not taking the bailout money and remaining "pure" and away from government intervention. Only time will show what will happen to the automotive industry. America's going to hell in a hand basket, and i'm afraid we're taking the corvette with us.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteKidd98
I only hope that the government doesn't interfere with the production of sports cars, although I fear it is inevitable. Get your corvettes now before its too late, especially now that the Feds have such a hand in GM's production decisions. I'm a GM guy all the way but you have to give Ford respect for not taking the bailout money and remaining "pure" and away from government intervention. Only time will show what will happen to the automotive industry. America's going to hell in a hand basket, and i'm afraid we're taking the corvette with us.

Ford didnt need the bailout money so why would you really need to respect them for that decision!? Corvette is not going anywhere anytime soon. So dont get too worried about it.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:42 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by vvv90
You obviously aren't familiar with how dumb salesmen are.

Not only are they dumb, they're not nearly as informed as we are.

You would think the opposite is true, but it isn't. They're just a bunch of idiot salesmen. They know nothing.

So believe what you want to.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteKidd98

Even if the Govt takes complete control as long as there is a demand for the car it will be produced. GM and its world class engineers will continue to meet emission standards while producing the most power they can out of these cars when the time calls for it. The other car manufacturers will follow suit. or visa versa. The govt. interest in the car manufacturers is for two major reasons. (1.) to keep as many of the jobs possible in america. (2) Now allow foreign control of a major US. money maker and economy cornerstone, i.e. the big 3 which includes GM. Even if ford decided to pass out rather then tap out the Govt. will not let majority control go to a foreign place. However, to sort of counterdict what I said earlier, if the govt. does take control of say, GM and canking the vette and all the GMPD stuff ect. ect. means keeping the company floating (i.e. our economy) then thats what they will do.

in othe words the big 3 are a HUGE HUGE part of american economy and the Govt. will do what it takes to keep our country afloat which may include putting restrictions and regulations and part ownership on company's like GM. I love my car and performance just as much as the next guy but it isnt going to do me a damn bit of good if I dont have a place to live.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:33 PM
911AXER
Advanced

Default History??

I'm no expert or prognosicator but history shows us that the Z06 can stay at the same HP and have other significant improvments that drives the sales and the desire to buy one. Remember 385 hp and 405 hp for how many years? At some point our environment in all facets will put a ceiling on the Corvette power. But we love the Corvette technology don't we? It keeps us coming back. I don't know about you but 638 hp is very stout and 505 makes a weighty statement. All I can say is where are the drawings and spy photos???
Old 07-24-2009, 06:41 AM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,306 Posts

they don't even have to bump power for an improvement, just add carbon fiber roof and seats, carbon ceramic brakes, magnetic ride suspension, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires, and twin disc clutch!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:07 PM
bvanwoud
Racer

Originally Posted by niteriderc5
I love all the negative comments "government owned" and "end of high HP cars" -- I bet we'll see a C7 Corvette and I'm sure with DI and other advancments in weight saving materials there will be a legitamate case for a 500hp+ Corvette in the future. Mark my words...May we visit this thread and laugh about all the wacky speculations when the time comes
I like your thinking
Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
corvet786c
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

I cant believe this post is still goin. I just asked a simple question.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
amscene
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by corvet786c
I have heard rumors about this car. When is it coming out? It is supposed to have an LS7 with 600 hp? Maybe I am wrong. Someone fill me in Plse.

That would be awesome
Old 08-06-2009, 11:50 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by corvet786c
I cant believe this post is still goin. I just asked a simple question.

"Do you see what you get!? ... Do you see what you get when you mess with the Orphans!?!?!?"

Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 AM
LT4 F45
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_Planet
With DI we are looking at a roughly 10% power increase, but the c7 will probably not be out until 2014
they will get a 60th anniversary out of the C5.5/C6 generation before the C7 came out like the new space age 84 corvette back in 1983 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7ijUkgc-4 it was a party back then but i would like the hidden headlight back somewhere in a hidden area around the hood...
Old 08-09-2009, 05:55 AM
JD'sAtomicOrange
Advanced

Yep, I can't remember too many salesmen who knew more than I did when I reached the showroom! My memory is failing in a lot of areas, but somehow the Lord spared me when it comes to car knowledge dating back to the 50's and forward to the numerous articles and blogs I read. And our wives wonder why we can't remember to stop at Piggly Wiggly for milk and bread on the way home, but can recall exact specs about cars from decades ago like the firing order of a Mustang 289 hypo......

Strange, but true.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 AM
BAD2000TA
Instructor

Originally Posted by JD'sAtomicOrange
Yep, I can't remember too many salesmen who knew more than I did when I reached the showroom! My memory is failing in a lot of areas, but somehow the Lord spared me when it comes to car knowledge dating back to the 50's and forward to the numerous articles and blogs I read. And our wives wonder why we can't remember to stop at Piggly Wiggly for milk and bread on the way home, but can recall exact specs about cars from decades ago like the firing order of a Mustang 289 hypo......

Strange, but true.
Yeah, that would be 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. I get the same reaction from my wife, too!!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:25 PM
tonyh2000
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03

not C7 related.

Quick Reply: 2010 Zo6 600hp