C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CI X Drag Racing: Its on!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:58 AM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default CI X Drag Racing: Its on!!!!

An anonymous doner has been nice enough to send the money to secure the track for Drag Racing on thrusday of Cruise In May 21 from 9am to 1pm. Cost is still $100 per car. Once we get to 25 cars we will start kicking back money those who preregister. Deadline for preregistration is May 14th ( one week before the event). At that time we will take the $2500 and divide it by the number of preregistered cars to come to a final cost ( for example if we have 30 cars 2500/30=83.33 per car. those preregistered will get some money back. you will be able to register on site the day of racing for $100, no partial refund if you don't preregister. If there are less than 25 cars, all the money goes back to our anonymous donor. If there are more, all money collected on race day will go to a bracket race.

What you get for your $100.

1. we will have the track for 4 hours, all the runs you want.

2. there will be a bracket race for those interested. Payout will be based on 100% payback of spectator gate, and surplus entry money.
Payout will be 70% to the winner, 30% to the runner up.

3. There will be an orientation class for the newbies time to be determined. We may have a special guest to help teach the class.

4. I am working on having some sponsors give away some prizes. I will update that as we go along.

Entry is $100 per car to race. Spectators will be charged $5 per car to come watch ( wanna fill the rental car? go ahead, its $5.)

Your check should be made out to me for $100. along with a note stating:
Name
Forum name
Address
Cell phone number

Send your checks to:

John Mackey
2929 Buckner Lane
Spring Hill, Tennessee

If you have any question please call my cell @ 615-739-7335

This again is open to all corvette owner, Forum Cruise in participants or not.

Let see that we get atleast 25 sign ups so we can pay back our banker.

Quick Reply: CI X Drag Racing: Its on!!!!