Sponsored by:

Im excited for the C7

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:33 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by TBIRD57
i no longer expect to see a c7. i'm not even sure GM will be around.
grand sport and zr1 are nice attempts to keep our interest for awhile.
Since the Corvette will no longer be made by General Motors, but rather Government Motors, I would look to see a reversal of fortune in the Vette. We might see some bumps in HP in the C6, but by 2012, the auto market is going to be reminescent of the mid '70's. The cars will be smaller and lighter.

The good news is that the technology is so much better than those days, so quality, fit and finish, and fun factor can be maintained. But I think we're at the peak of factory production "horsepower". The 6 and 7 litre engines will be left for the "big trucks" and the consumer vehicles will see small cubed, perhaps supercharged engines. 400HP is the high water mark.

This is just a sign of the times. GM will have their hands tied in terms of what they produce, not to mention the market demand. It will be a long while, if ever, that enough people will have enough money or confidence in their future, to support the Corvette in its current direction. The Corvette will have to get lighter, more economical, and less expensive if it is going to survive. This doesn't mean it needs to be less of a car, just less car. It could still be cutting edge, just as fun to drive. JMHO.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 PM
nikejl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys, since you want me to worry more about weight and less about HP let’s look at this and maybe you guys can give me some insight:
The C6 Z06 has a curb weight of 3130lbs, claimed 505hp and 470ft-lbs of torque
The GTR has a curb weight of 3814lbs, claimed 480hp and 430 ft-lbs of torque
Based all the comments about weight you have all made over the past several days, shouldn’t the Z06 be faster than the GTR. I mean the Z06 is 684lbs lighter, has 25 more HP and 40 more ft-lbs of torque.
Yet the GTR’s Nurburgring lap time is 7:29 compared to the Z06’s 7:42.99
And the GTR goes 0-60 in 3.5 secs while the Z06 is 3.6 secs
Seems like weight, HP or torque didn’t mean much in this comparison.
In closing, I only brought up the comments about adding 10k in mods to the camaro to illustrate the fact that the 600lb heavier camaro could be brought on par with the base C6 Corvette really easy, probably for less than 10k.
You guys distain the fact that anyone would mention adding mods to a car, but when we are talking about being able to save 20k in choosing 1 car over another, I think it is a relevant point.
Im not sure about the point the guy with the 800 hp C5 corvette was trying to make, but ok. I was making a point about a NEW Production Corvette and a New Production Camaro when I started out.
In closing, as previously stated I am excited for the C7, no matter the HP rating.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:54 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nikejl
Okay guys, since you want me to worry more about weight and less about HP let’s look at this and maybe you guys can give me some insight:
Based all the comments about weight you have all made over the past several days, shouldn’t the Z06 be faster than the GTR. I mean the Z06 is 684lbs lighter, has 25 more HP and 40 more ft-lbs of torque.

And that, my friend, is why you need to stop reading the rags and all associated press and their ilk. It's been a long standing suspicion that Nissan brought a Ringer to the 'ring. Afterall, it's a turbo, it's easy to manipulate.

It's called AWD....By the way, a 3.5 0-60 time in a GTR is with using launch control which not only has broken transmissions, but it also voids your warranty to use it. The computer logs it's use and will tell Nissan Dealerships if you take it in for service IIRC.

In closing, I only brought up the comments about adding 10k in mods to the camaro to illustrate the fact that the 600lb heavier camaro could be brought on par with the base C6 Corvette really easy, probably for less than 10k. You guys distain the fact that anyone would mention adding mods to a car, but when we are talking about being able to save 20k in choosing 1 car over another, I think it is a relevant point.
If that's the only reason you were bringing it up then fine. It's precisely why people buy Corvette's over higher prices sports cars. However, you cannot compare a modded car to a stock car, it just isn't fair. Remember, apples to apples.

(BTW: My friend bought an '08 Z51 NEW! Back when there were no '09's, and considering the incentives you can still pick up an '09 Z51 for about $48k, so yes, THAT WAS an apples to apples comparison.)

Im not sure about the point the guy with the 800 hp C5 corvette was trying to make, but ok. I was making a point about a NEW Production Corvette and a New Production Camaro when I started out.
Because you were comparing a modded car to a stock car. If you can't even comprehend your own point then I'm just spinning my wheels with you.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
nikejl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vvv90
And that, my friend, is why you need to stop reading the rags and all associated press and their ilk. It's been a long standing suspicion that Nissan brought a Ringer to the 'ring. Afterall, it's a turbo, it's easy to manipulate.

So what do you call the ZR1?

It's called AWD....By the way, a 3.5 0-60 time in a GTR is with using launch control which not only has broken transmissions, but it also voids your warranty to use it. The computer logs it's use and will tell Nissan Dealerships if you take it in for service IIRC.

AWD or not it is still faster.

Oh, now its no longer about 600lbs right, well read all the posts, everyone else was saying 600lbs matters when it came to car performance (and I am not saying weight doesn't matter in all cases), the point i MADE with that comparison of the GTR vs the Z06 is that 600lbs isn't nothing if you have the right car.

Also isn't the new corvette equiped with launch controll? so I guess well see lower 0-60 times now right?

Who cares about the warranty and broken trannys when you push cars to the limits things break that sometimes aren't covered by warranties. We are talking 0-60 times on 2 production cars.

If that's the only reason you were bringing it up then fine. It's precisely why people buy Corvette's over higher prices sports cars. However, you cannot compare a modded car to a stock car, it just isn't fair. Remember, apples to apples.

(BTW: My friend bought an '08 Z51 NEW! Back when there were no '09's, and considering the incentives you can still pick up an '09 Z51 for about $48k, so yes, THAT WAS an apples to apples comparison.)

I called Glendora Chevrolet here in CA and the sales person I spoke with said "no such animal" in regards insentives for a fully loaded 2009 C6 that would get you one at 48k.

Here is the Chevrolet link for current offers/incentives please let me know how you come up with a fully loaded 2009 Corvette because I am sure there are alot of people that would buy them right now.

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/currentoffers/search.do#

Because you were comparing a modded car to a stock car. If you can't even comprehend your own point then I'm just spinning my wheels with you.

I compared PRICES of a production car to another production car of the same model year (oh sorry the c6 is a 2009 model year and the Camaro is a 2010, i guess I'll have to wait for the 2010 corvette) (APPLES TO APPLES).
I know my own point as stated above. What was your point? that you have a 800 plus HP corvette or that you can mod a car? Additional performance for a modded car is a given isn't it?

My comparison was $$$$, money, green backs, frog skins you get it. 70k vs 50k equals 20k cheaper, that was the point. Talk about spinning wheels.

Last edited by nikejl; 06-17-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:30 PM
vvv90
Race Director

I compared PRICES of a production car to another production car of the same model year (oh sorry the c6 is a 2009 model year and the Camaro is a 2010, i guess I'll have to wait for the 2010 corvette) (APPLES TO APPLES).
I know my own point as stated above. What was your point? that you have a 800 plus HP corvette or that you can mod a car? Additional performance for a modded car is a given isn't it?

My comparison was $$$$, money, green backs, frog skins you get it. 70k vs 50k equals 20k cheaper, that was the point. Talk about spinning wheels.

I'll just let you believe what you want to believe. It's obvious to all that you're very new to the world of high performance....VERY new and you're making all the same mistakes and assumption a lot do.

Let me just leave you with this:

Even though a GTR will win 0-60 over even a ZR1, the ZR1 or Z06 will catch up quickly and murder it on the big end.

Launch control on a rear wheel drive car isn't even remotely the same animal as it is on an AWD car. Hell, my friends 400HP EVO will smoke my 800+ Vette to 60. It's heavier AND has less HP. So if it's not HP or weight then what is it? .... AWD! If you don't know the basic physics behind it you have no point to make. PERIOD!

So I invite you to post less, and read more. You obviously need to learn more.

Welcome to the Corvette Forum
Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

In closing, I only brought up the comments about adding 10k in mods to the camaro to illustrate the fact that the 600lb heavier camaro could be brought on par with the base C6 Corvette really easy, probably for less than 10k.
You guys distain the fact that anyone would mention adding mods to a car, but when we are talking about being able to save 20k in choosing 1 car over another, I think it is a relevant point.
In closing, as previously stated I am excited for the C7, no matter the HP rating.
I pretty much agree with everything that vvv90 replied to you on this one.

So what do you call the ZR1?

AWD or not it is still faster.

Oh, now its no longer about 600lbs right, well read all the posts, everyone else was saying 600lbs matters when it came to car performance (and I am not saying weight doesn't matter in all cases), the point i MADE with that comparison of the GTR vs the Z06 is that 600lbs isn't nothing if you have the right car.

Also isn't the new corvette equiped with launch controll? so I guess well see lower 0-60 times now right?

Who cares about the warranty and broken trannys when you push cars to the limits things break that sometimes aren't covered by warranties. We are talking 0-60 times on 2 production cars.

I call the ZR1 a supercar that has kicked the GTR's @$$ in every comparison including the Ring. The GTR has been testing their car over and over again at the Ring, not to mention its not even a production car it is a modified one, to try and beat the ZR1's time and they still cant do it. If you have even watched the ZR1 run at the Ring then you would know that it could of gotten a better time than it did. So even if the GTR claims a better time, it still hasnt beaten it.

AWD plays another big roll in preformance genius. If the GTR wasnt AWD then it wouldnt be making the times that it claims.

Do some searches on youtube about a Z06 racing a GTR, both were bone stock, and the Z06 kicks the GTR's butt. It is a street race so I cant post the video on here.

The 2010 ZR1 is getting launch control, Im not sure about the rest of them.

I would care a lot about the warranty, especially if I was spending that kind of money on a car. Basically Nissan is saying this is what the car "can" do but if you do it we will void your warranty. I think thats pretty crappy right there. Whats the point of buying a $80k grocery getter if you cant track the car or race it at all. I dont want to exclude GM on this either, supposedly GM will void the warranty on the ZR1 if you do certain things also. So Ive heard anyways.

Even if you wait for the 2010 Corvette, which wont be long now, you still cant say its comparing apples to apples with a Vette and a Camaro. As Ive already said they are two completely different cars. One is a sports car and the other is a pony car.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:24 AM
nikejl
Intermediate

This is really starting to sound like I am beating a dead horse. Every point you guys make, I have rebutted, and then you want to come back with another point or excuse: what about warranty, its AWD that’s not fair, and try and imply that I am lacking knowledge or need to read more, blah blah blah blah.

“Even though a GTR will win 0-60 over even a ZR1, the ZR1 or Z06 will catch up quickly and murder it on the big end.”

Really guy, well what about the FACT that the Z06 ran 7:42 at “the ring”

And the GTR ran 7:29? Did the ZO6 “murder it on the big end”
Also the GTR doesn’t have a faster 0-60 time than the ZR1 (GTR: 3.5 secs ZR1: 3.3 secs) maybe you should read more and post less.

“AWD plays another big roll in preformance genius. If the GTR wasnt AWD then it wouldnt be making the times that it claims.”

IF the GTR wasn’t AWD??? WELL IT IS and it is making some of the times claimed. IF AWD is better then tell GM to make a AWD corvette. The ZR1 could have ran a better time: If the sun was out, if the wind wasn’t blowing, You sound like a little kid: if, if, if,.
You really don’t need to go into defending the Corvette to me guys. Especially the ZR1. I never said anything about the GTR’s performance compared to the ZR1’s so I don’t know why you feel the need to defend it to me save that for the GTR lovers. Maybe you should read more too.

“Do some searches on youtube about a Z06 racing a GTR, both were bone stock, and the Z06 kicks the GTR's butt. It is a street race so I cant post the video on here.”

Yeah, let me do that, let me look at a amateur race and base my knowledge on that. Hell you have no idea about either of the guys racing or their cars for that matter. The guy in the GTR can be a 16 year old kid with a permit. You probably think Kimbo Slice is a world class MMA fighter because he knocked out bums on youtube.

It is comparing apples to apples when you’re only talking about the HP (which we were at the time I was making the point) and the fact that they share the same engine. I think a lot of people if asked would consider the Camaro a sports car, it is defiantly not a sedan.
I am sure AWD plays a huge roll in performance smart guy, its pretty obvious that it does. Don’t try to act like you making my point ok, you guys where the Geniuses saying: it’s not about HP its about weight, you need to be more concerned with the weight. Weight, weight, weight.

Then I showed you a heavier car, with LESS HP beating a lighter care with MORE HP. Then it’s: it called AWD genius, or yeah but it didn’t beat the ZR1 and that’s still a corvette!
Shut up, you guys sound like a bunch of Corvette apologist and it doesn’t look good. Give the guys at Nissan some credit they built a damn good for a damn good price. Still wouldn’t catch me driving one though.

“I would care a lot about the warranty”

Yeah I do too when it is my car. But we are talking about numbers reflected by the manufactures and independent professional testing so warranty concerns aren’t relevant.

Good day boys

Last edited by nikejl; 06-18-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:59 AM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I do too when it is my car. But we are talking about numbers reflected by the manufactures and independent professional testing so warranty concerns aren’t relevant.

Good day boys
You need to get a book and study only one thing. It's a law. It's an irrefutable law that cannot be broken.

F=ma

Force equals mass times acceleration in case you didn't know.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:11 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

This is really starting to sound like I am beating a dead horse. Every point you guys make, I have rebutted, and then you want to come back with another point or excuse: what about warranty, its AWD that’s not fair, and try and imply that I am lacking knowledge or need to read more, blah blah blah blah.

“Even though a GTR will win 0-60 over even a ZR1, the ZR1 or Z06 will catch up quickly and murder it on the big end.”

Really guy, well what about the FACT that the Z06 ran 7:42 at “the ring”

And the GTR ran 7:29? Did the ZO6 “murder it on the big end”
Also the GTR doesn’t have a faster 0-60 time than the ZR1 (GTR: 3.5 secs ZR1: 3.3 secs) maybe you should read more and post less.

“AWD plays another big roll in preformance genius. If the GTR wasnt AWD then it wouldnt be making the times that it claims.”

IF the GTR wasn’t AWD??? WELL IT IS and it is making some of the times claimed. IF AWD is better then tell GM to make a AWD corvette. The ZR1 could have ran a better time: If the sun was out, if the wind wasn’t blowing, You sound like a little kid: if, if, if,.
You really don’t need to go into defending the Corvette to me guys. Especially the ZR1. I never said anything about the GTR’s performance compared to the ZR1’s so I don’t know why you feel the need to defend it to me save that for the GTR lovers. Maybe you should read more too.

“Do some searches on youtube about a Z06 racing a GTR, both were bone stock, and the Z06 kicks the GTR's butt. It is a street race so I cant post the video on here.”

Yeah, let me do that, let me look at a amateur race and base my knowledge on that. Hell you have no idea about either of the guys racing or their cars for that matter. The guy in the GTR can be a 16 year old kid with a permit. You probably think Kimbo Slice is a world class MMA fighter because he knocked out bums on youtube.

It is comparing apples to apples when you’re only talking about the HP (which we were at the time I was making the point) and the fact that they share the same engine. I think a lot of people if asked would consider the Camaro a sports car, it is defiantly not a sedan.
I am sure AWD plays a huge roll in performance smart guy, its pretty obvious that it does. Don’t try to act like you making my point ok, you guys where the Geniuses saying: it’s not about HP its about weight, you need to be more concerned with the weight. Weight, weight, weight.

Then I showed you a heavier car, with LESS HP beating a lighter care with MORE HP. Then it’s: it called AWD genius, or yeah but it didn’t beat the ZR1 and that’s still a corvette!
Shut up, you guys sound like a bunch of Corvette apologist and it doesn’t look good. Give the guys at Nissan some credit they built a damn good for a damn good price. Still wouldn’t catch me driving one though.

“I would care a lot about the warranty”

Good day boys
You really are just an ignorant little kid arent you!! You havent "rebutted" anything. You keep bringing up bs and we keep telling you what is correct. You just dont like the answer.

Ok lets start with the 0-60 times. ZR1 is 3.4, GTR is 3.5, and Z06 is 3.7. Thats what they are rated at. If you would of looked up the video I told you about then you would of seen that the Z06 has a faster time than that and the GTR never stood a chance against the Z06. The ZR1 is in a completely different league than both.

Yea the Z06 ran the Ring at 7:42. Did you by any chance look at how many times the GTR has been at the Ring trying to get closer and cloer to the ZR1's time!? The GTR first had a time of 7:55. The latest time on the GTR is a 7:26. So I guess you believe that its the exact same GTR thats running as the first time posted and nothing has been done to the car. But thats ok, you keep believing what you want, which is wrong.

Ok first you said the GTR had a faster 0-60 than the ZR1, now your coming back and bashing me when I never made that claim. You need to get a clue dude. I think you need to read more facts and post less.

I know the GTR has AWD, thats what I already said. GM doesnt need to make the Corvette into an AWD. It holds its own with just rear wheel drive. The GTR has to have the AWD just to do what it does. Just think outside of the box for a min. and think of how crappy the GTR would do if it was just rear wheel drive.

You really crack me up. I love reading your dumb responses that make no sense. Im not the one that sounds like a little kid like you do. Maybe IF you had more common sense you would understand that you are wrong.

Again, you are funny. If you would of looked up the video I told you about you would of seen that it wasnt a 16 yo kid. Sorry I dont watch MMA fights so no I dont think that.

Its still not comparing apples to apples when your just talking about hp genius. It still needs to be in the same class to be comparing apples to apples. The Camaro is no where near a sports car and I never called it a sedan, I called it a pony car. Why dont you put your glasses back on and read what I wrote.

I never said hp had nothing to do with it. I said weight is a bigger factor than you think cause all you are thinking about is hp.

Incase you havent already figured it out, which I doubt you have, AWD cars do better on road courses than rear wheel drive cars. But again, look at how many times the GTR has been to the track to get their latest time. You dont see GM doing that with the Corvette. They dont need to cause they dont have a point to prove like Nissan obviously does. You can see earlier in this post that the GTR didnt beat the Z06 at first. They had to keep going back to get a better time. GM goes out there once, gets their time, just like everyone else, and goes home. Nissan camps out there until they get some ridiculous time that a stock GTR will never dream of getting.

Ok, waiting for your next reply.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:21 PM
nikejl
Intermediate

1st and foremost, when did I every say the GTR was faster then the ZR1? You have the conversation record in front of you take some time and read it and get back to me. Here is a hint though I never said the GTR was faster than the ZR1. Get your facts straight.

2nd do you camp out with Nissan and record the amount of times they are there in relation to GM and other manufactures, or better yet do you have any record to back up what is coming out of your mouth other than a youtube video? I want to see this video though so PM me and send me the link buddy, thanks.

I don’t know for sure, but I highly doubt GM goes to Nurburgring and runs their car once and leaves. But you know for sure right, like you made the travel and shipping arrangements for the guys at GM so you know this right. Heck you probably held the stop watch for the run.

3rd call your insurance company and ask them if they consider the Camaro or Mustang a “sports car” if you need a number you can call “my agent” (state farm plug there).

4th I never said the GTR and ZR1 were in the same class. I compared the GTR to a Z06. You, MR. Defender of the Corvette, came back with the ZR1. So maybe you should read more and if you are going quote me, post FACTS.

5th If the Z06 was built for Road Courses (as previously claimed by you guys) they why not a better time at the ring (and don’t give me they only ran it once cause that’s crap), why does the GTR have a better time?

6th If you stated that AWD is better then is the GTR better than the Z06? I will wait for your answer.

The GTR has to have the AWD just to do what it does. Just think outside of the box for a min. and think of how crappy the GTR would do if it was just rear wheel drive.

Here we go with the “if” again. “If the GTR didn’t have AWD and the Corvette did then the Corvette would win so it’s better” (who do I sound like)

Like I said you sound like a Corvette apologist with your hypothetical scenarios, baseless claims and heresay information.

You are right about 1 thing, Corvette doesn’t need you to defend it, it has a long rich history in which it has become America’s sports car, and it didn’t get that way with people like you trying to defend it with weak, baseless and hypothetical statements.

Its okay to admit when a corvette gets beat because you can't win em all, and its just nice to know that all the other manufacturs have their eyes looking at what the good ol boys are doing there in Kentucky. Matter of fact I kinda like it when the Corvette gets beat, because that means that the guys at GM will develop an even better Corvette, and thats why:

I AM EXCITED FOR THE C7!

Last edited by nikejl; 06-18-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:31 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

1st and foremost, when did I every say the GTR was faster then the ZR1? You have the conversation record in front of you take some time and read it and get back to me. Here is a hint though I never said the GTR was faster than the ZR1. Get your facts straight.

2nd do you camp out with Nissan and record the amount of times they are there in relation to GM and other manufactures, or better yet do you have any record to back up what is coming out of your mouth other than a youtube video? I want to see this video though so PM me and send me the link buddy, thanks.

I don’t know for sure, but I highly doubt GM goes to Nurburgring and runs their car once and leaves. But you know for sure right, like you made the travel and shipping arrangements for the guys at GM so you know this right. Heck you probably held the stop watch for the run.

3rd call your insurance company and ask them if they consider the Camaro or Mustang a “sports car” if you need a number you can call “my agent” (state farm plug there).

4th I never said the GTR and ZR1 were in the same class. I compared the GTR to a Z06. You, MR. Defender of the Corvette, came back with the ZR1. So maybe you should read more and if you are going quote me, post FACTS.

5th If the Z06 was built for Road Courses (as previously claimed by you guys) they why not a better time at the ring (and don’t give me they only ran it once cause that’s crap), why does the GTR have a better time?

6th If you stated that AWD is better then is the GTR better than the Z06? I will wait for your answer.

The GTR has to have the AWD just to do what it does. Just think outside of the box for a min. and think of how crappy the GTR would do if it was just rear wheel drive.

Here we go with the “if” again. “If the GTR didn’t have AWD and the Corvette did then the Corvette would win so it’s better” (who do I sound like)

Like I said you sound like a Corvette apologist with your hypothetical scenarios, baseless claims and heresay information.

You are right about 1 thing, Corvette doesn’t need you to defend it, it has a long rich history in which it has become America’s sports car, and it didn’t get that way with people like you trying to defend it with weak, baseless and hypothetical statements.

Its okay to admit when a corvette gets beat because you can't win em all, and its just nice to know that all the other manufacturs have their eyes looking at what the good ol boys are doing there in Kentucky. Matter of fact I kinda like it when the Corvette gets beat, because that means that the guys at GM will develop an even better Corvette, and thats why:

I AM EXCITED FOR THE C7!
I love your pathetic responses.

Ok first, here is a quote from you saying that the GTR was faster in 0-60. Why dont you take some time to read back over what you wrote. Its only a few posts ago. So why dont you get your facts straight.

No I dont camp out there, but I am on the forum enough to see how many times Nissan has gone to the Ring to test their "stock" GTR. And if you dont want to believe me with how many times they have gone, then why dont you look up Nurburgring lap times and see how many times they have gone. Dont worry Ill PM you the video.

Your funny. You claim you dont like the GTR but you sure do like to defend it like one of the fanboys.

I dont need to call my insurance company to see if a Camaro or Mustang is a sports car. Ive owned two 4th gen. Camaros and they are not sports cars. Here I will help you out on this since you are so ignorant on that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_car
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony_car

Ive been posting facts genius. You are the one that doesnt like the answer so you refuse to believe it.

Maybe you should look at my previous post again. The first GTR Ring time was slower than the Z06. So again, the GTR had to go back to get a better time over and over again.

IMO the GTR is not a better car than the Z06. But I will tell you honestly that I do believe it is evenly matched with the Z06 with the GTR having the edge because it does have AWD.

Here we go with you being naive again.

Ive never apologized for Corvette. Im just backing it up when someone with lack of knowledge trys to say something is better when its not.

Yea whatever you want to believe. You are the one coming on here with ridiculous statements.

Trust me I know its ok that the Corvette does get beat by other cars. There is always something out there faster. Ive never claimed that Corvette was the fastest thing out there.

Hope your not too dissapointed when the C7 comes out with 400hp. And no Im not saying thats what it will have before you take that seriously.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:38 PM
vvv90
Race Director

I AM EXCITED FOR THE C7!

Really? Because you sound like a guy who should be more excited about a GTR Spec-V.

BTW, the term "Big End" doesn't mean what you think it means.

Post less

Read More

I thought I already pointed out that Nissan bringing a ringer to the Ring. Did you not get that point already? Seriously. You obviously have no idea about the controversy. Mr. "I can't wait for the C7" doesn't want to pay attention to how ridiculous of a FEAT OF PHYSICS it would be for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY car weighing 3800lbs with 480HP to come within milliseconds of a ring time of the ZR1 ....

....Are you trying to suggest that the ZR1 completely sucks?????? Mr. "I can't wait for the C7??????"

Are you trying to suggest that there's some kind of "magic" in play here and that Chevy for some reason just can't design a car to beat a $70k Nissan when they've already proven they can beat almost every other car WITH MORE HP AND LESS WEIGHT than this GTR?????? You know....Lambourghini's, Ferrari's, numerous Porches, oh, and the Bugatti Veyron.

This is what I'm trying to say....the ring time of the GTR is a complete political and marketing stunt!

...But whatever...We're all morons, and there's not such thing as cheating right?

Hell, even people in regulated sport like NASCAR cheat, yet we're supposed to believe a run at "THE RING" was legit because Nissan says is was????

Dude, people with too much money watch that GTR Ring time, spooge in their Khaki's, and then go plunk down 80 large to lose to C5's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yONQAbDJh8

Seriously, stop posting. Please.

Last edited by vvv90; 06-19-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:13 PM
fromEVOtoC6
Intermediate

Why are we talking about 600 lbs, if 6 hp aint nothing, then neither is 600 lbs, heck put a fat man in a corvette and me in the camaro and thats half the difference already.
Can I use your post as a signature quote?
Old 06-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Walford
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

having a camaro with only 6 less HP than the current vettes is weak
From 1998 to 2002, the Camaro had identical HP to the base 'Vette, though they uderrated it at 40-50 less.

In fact, if you count RWHP, the F-bodies had about 5 more than the 'Vette, because of slightly greater drivetrain loss in the rear-mounted T-56.

I've heard that this was true of the LT-1 Corvettes and F-bodies, also, but I've never seen that with my own eyes like I did the LS-1.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:52 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Seriously, stop posting. Please.
We can only hope he does but I doubt he will.

Originally Posted by Walford
From 1998 to 2002, the Camaro had identical HP to the base 'Vette, though they uderrated it at 40-50 less.

In fact, if you count RWHP, the F-bodies had about 5 more than the 'Vette, because of slightly greater drivetrain loss in the rear-mounted T-56.

I've heard that this was true of the LT-1 Corvettes and F-bodies, also, but I've never seen that with my own eyes like I did the LS-1.
Ive already told him that but he still refuses to believe that weight is a big factor in performance, not just hp.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:49 PM
LsJuan25
Burning Brakes

tIME TO LOCK THIS THREAD
Old 06-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Silver05
Cruising

Originally Posted by LsJuan25
tIME TO LOCK THIS THREAD

Get notified of new replies

To Im excited for the C7

Old 06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Originally Posted by LsJuan25
tIME TO LOCK THIS THREAD
Originally Posted by Silver05
If you dont like it then dont read it.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Silver05
Cruising

Nice reply, a little sensitive are we
Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Originally Posted by Silver05
Nice reply, a little sensitive are we
Well lets see since you think Im sensitive, sounds like you might be the OP under a different user name.

Not really sure how that was being senitive either. Sounds like you need to get your panties out of wad to me. Again, if you dont like what is in this thread then dont read it. No need to post your igonorant "" sign when you have nothing to contribute to the thread. So have a nice day.

Quick Reply: Im excited for the C7