Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you sure there will be a C7???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:20 AM
CULAYTR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are you sure there will be a C7???

Has anyone done a poll to see just how many people here really believe there will ever be a C7? What makes all of you here so optimistic? In my world, I hear more general public convinced that the C6 is the end of the line for the Corvette. Can anyone set up a forum wide poll on this?
Old 06-23-2009, 03:03 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Considering that GM has already announced that there will be a C7, I would say that there will be one. IMO, I dont think it will be going up in hp though. I believe the hp wars are about over now and the C7 will probably come out with 400hp or less.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
stic5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02MillenniumVette
Considering that GM has already announced that there will be a C7, I would say that there will be one. IMO, I dont think it will be going up in hp though. I believe the hp wars are about over now and the C7 will probably come out with 400hp or less.
I agree. Corvette is safe, but I think that the C7 will be smaller, lighter (less than 3000 lbs), and have roughly 375 - 425 hp. Gas is starting to creep up in price again and it's not going back down this time. The horsepower wars are over....

... for now. I believe that by the time the C8 comes out (around the year 2022 maybe?) the horsepower wars will be back, but the Corvette and most of its competitors will be sporting high powered electric motors. Eventually their power will surpass the power of modern gas engines, but driving them hard will limit battery range. For example, they might have a range of 300 miles with 250 hp, but flip a switch and you might have 500 or 600 hp and ridiculous torque for 50 miles.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:34 AM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stic5
I agree. Corvette is safe, but I think that the C7 will be smaller, lighter (less than 3000 lbs), and have roughly 375 - 425 hp. Gas is starting to creep up in price again and it's not going back down this time. The horsepower wars are over....
It will be the kilowatt wars.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:24 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

I really hope that GM doesn't get caught up even deeper in this "retro" craze however. The Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger, albeit nice cars, are more nostalgia than I can handle.

I would look for smaller cubes, with forced induction and direct injection. As far as size and shape somewhere between the c6 and the zeta platform.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Dans-Z06
Instructor

Gas is starting to creep up in price again and it's not going back down this time. The horsepower wars are over....
What makes you say that. When the gas speculation bubble popped the prices went down. Then the prices went up since the middle east needs money for the new developing wars.

One those come to an end, the gas should reach it's market price.

We still have a lot of gas so we don't have to worry about scarcity yet.

It just that, the middle east is a high conflict area. They can't just share the damn land.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:59 PM
RF1979C3
Instructor

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses

I really hope that GM doesn't get caught up even deeper in this "retro" craze however. The Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger, albeit nice cars, are more nostalgia than I can handle.

I would look for smaller cubes, with forced induction and direct injection. As far as size and shape somewhere between the c6 and the zeta platform.
Oh but retro is so cool. They looked like Corvettes back then. Don't get me wrong, I like ALL Corvettes (C3 owner) But the last three generations lack the style of the C2/C3 cars. Lets see some graceful curves and defined lines. Can you say return of the Stingray?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Ron Dittmer
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RF1979C3
But the last three generations lack the style of the C2/C3 cars. Lets see some graceful curves and defined lines. Can you say return of the Stingray?
I thought the C5 was the generation of "Curves". The C6 took back a lot of them. I guess I never got over the styling of the C6. The rear was an improvement. The sides and front are not to my liking. Adding here, the wider fenders and stance of the C6-ZO6 is done nicely.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:06 PM
stic5
Pro

Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer
I thought the C5 was the generation of "Curves". The C6 took back a lot of them. I guess I never got over the styling of the C6. The rear was an improvement. The sides and front are not to my liking. Adding here, the wider fenders and stance of the C6-ZO6 is done nicely.
I like the C5, but where do you see these "curves" you speak of?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:09 PM
ksvette74
Burning Brakes

I have a C3 and a C5. Both are curvy, if you look at them together the influence of the C3 shows in the c5, it just more subdued. The c5 curves are long and flow. The C6 was hard for me to like when it came out, but it is growing on me. The lines are much harder and defined. I like the soft lines, but that is just me. I also like the hide away lights, although they are not practical.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:28 PM
stic5
Pro

Originally Posted by ksvette74
I have a C3 and a C5. Both are curvy, if you look at them together the influence of the C3 shows in the c5, it just more subdued. The c5 curves are long and flow. The C6 was hard for me to like when it came out, but it is growing on me. The lines are much harder and defined. I like the soft lines, but that is just me. I also like the hide away lights, although they are not practical.
Hmm.. I don't see it. It's like we're not looking at the same car.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:04 AM
rpoL98
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

mebbe the C7 will be built on the same platform as the Solstice, since Pontiac went away. Ecotec turbo 4-banger might be able to meet the 2016 corporate average fuel economy requirement mandated recently by the new administration.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:49 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rpoL98
mebbe the C7 will be built on the same platform as the Solstice, since Pontiac went away. Ecotec turbo 4-banger might be able to meet the 2016 corporate average fuel economy requirement mandated recently by the new administration.
Why would you want something that small for the Vette? And Pontiac hasnt "went away" just yet either. Im sure GM can meet the CAFE specs with a V8 anyways, the C5's and C6's, non Z06 and ZR1, can get 30+ mpg. Im sure they can figure it out without going to a 4 cylinder or V6.

Get notified of new replies

To Are you sure there will be a C7???

Quick Reply: Are you sure there will be a C7???