Sponsored by:

No c7?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Waspination
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No c7?

Ive heard that C7 is done and not comin out. Does anyone know if this is true? Or is the C7 for sure comin out. Im told all the engineers were pulled and now workin on hybrids
Old 07-24-2009, 05:33 PM
TESTOSTERONE C6-R
Burning Brakes

2012 is the end of the world!
I am wondering what they are doing

Last edited by TESTOSTERONE C6-R; 07-24-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:11 AM
ssv3
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

There is no way. As long as Gm is here (IN BK OR NOT) we will have Corvettes.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:24 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

GM has already announced that there will be a C7. Corvette is not going anywhere anytime soon. As for the hp and tq in the C7, thats a different story.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:05 PM
B-STOCK
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15, '17, '19

The last I heard (about a month or two ago) GM stated that they had a great platform with the C6 and would concentrate on improving it not replacing it. I cannot see R&D $$ going into a C7. Just my .02
Old 07-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by B-STOCK
The last I heard (about a month or two ago) GM stated that they had a great platform with the C6 and would concentrate on improving it not replacing it. I cannot see R&D $$ going into a C7. Just my .02
While the C6 is a great platform, it is just a reworked version of the C5, and it starting to get old. They need to keep things updated, and keep up with technology.

Michael
Old 07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

I would bet that probably a year or two after the C6 came out, they started working on the C7. You dont think that they wait until the year before it comes out to start working on it do you? Dont get me wrong, the C6 is great but in the next few years, the Corvette body needs to be changed. Originally the C7 was suppose to come out in 2011 but I think its been pushed back until 2012 or 2013. That is if we survive armageddon on Dec. 21, 2012.

Last edited by 02MillenniumVette; 07-26-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:02 PM
B-STOCK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 02MillenniumVette
I would bet that probably a year or two after the C6 came out, they started working on the C7. You dont think that they wait until the year before it comes out to start working on it do you? Dont get me wrong, the C6 is great but in the next few years, the Corvette body needs to be changed. Originally the C7 was suppose to come out in 2011 but I think its been pushed back until 2012 or 2013. That is if we survive armageddon on Dec. 21, 2012.
Last year the Camaro came very close to not being introduced. GM stated that if the car wasn't almost 100% they would have dropped it. I know GM is years ahead of on product R&D but lets face it, GM is broke, disfunctional, in debt, publicly funded & going down for the third time etc. Don't count on Govenment Motors giving the go ahead on any more R&D $$$ for a sports car with poor sales in the mist of prolonged recession. My .02 is all bets are off for a C7. I hope I am wrong but the bean counters will win this one. Just my .02

Eddited to add: Anyone have any ideas of what the production figures for the 09s are rumored to be?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:05 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Last year the Camaro came very close to not being introduced. GM stated that if the car wasn't almost 100% they would have dropped it. I know GM is years ahead of on product R&D but lets face it, GM is broke, disfunctional, in debt, publicly funded & going down for the third time etc. Don't count on Govenment Motors giving the go ahead on any more R&D $$$ for a sports car with poor sales in the mist of prolonged recession. My .02 is all bets are off for a C7. I hope I am wrong but the bean counters will win this one. Just my .02

Eddited to add: Anyone have any ideas of what the production figures for the 09s are rumored to be?
Yea and thats why GM is not bankrupt anymore. If thats your opinion that there wont be a C7 then fine but dont blame it on GM being in "debt" that they wont make the C7. Thats like saying GM will never build a new car again, just "refine" the current generations that they already have. Not likely. And they never came close to stop making the Camaro. The public had known about it for at least the past three years so there is no way they were just all of sudden going to put a hault on it.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
B-STOCK
Melting Slicks

Yea and thats why GM is not bankrupt anymore. If thats your opinion that there wont be a C7 then fine but dont blame it on GM being in "debt" that they wont make the C7. Thats like saying GM will never build a new car again, just "refine" the current generations that they already have. Not likely. And they never came close to stop making the Camaro. The public had known about it for at least the past three years so there is no way they were just all of sudden going to put a hault on it.

In a press conference last year Rick Wagoner said the Camaro would have be dropped if it had not been so late in the development stage and even then they thought of dropping it & spending the $$ on greener technology. Now that’s straight from the horse’s mouth.
When you state GM isn't bankrupt anymore you make it sound like they worked their way out of it with good products, management & big union consessions. Call it what you want but it WAS A PUBLIC BAILOUT USING TAXPAYER DOLLARS.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:51 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

In a press conference last year Rick Wagoner said the Camaro would have be dropped if it had not been so late in the development stage and even then they thought of dropping it & spending the $$ on greener technology. Now that’s straight from the horse’s mouth.
When you state GM isn't bankrupt anymore you make it sound like they worked their way out of it with good products, management & big union consessions. Call it what you want but it WAS A PUBLIC BAILOUT USING TAXPAYER DOLLARS.
Call it what you want. At least Im able to see things from a different side instead of everything being black and white.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:27 PM
B-STOCK
Melting Slicks

Call it what you want. At least Im able to see things from a different side instead of everything being black and white.

Everything is black & white, right or wrong etc. The problems begin when people don't like black & white and start making up their own colors. You know, like the gray areas.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Waspination
Racer

GM has already announced that there will be a C7. Corvette is not going anywhere anytime soon. As for the hp and tq in the C7, thats a different story.
I heard C7 was dead around July, so any credible information after that date saying "Corvette C7 is coming out" would be great. I think they announced C7 awhile ago, can you give me a date of when GM said that?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:22 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Everything is black & white, right or wrong etc. The problems begin when people don't like black & white and start making up their own colors. You know, like the gray areas.
Whatever you want to believe. People like you crack me up though.

Originally Posted by Waspination
I heard C7 was dead around July, so any credible information after that date saying "Corvette C7 is coming out" would be great. I think they announced C7 awhile ago, can you give me a date of when GM said that?
You heard it around July of what year? GM has never announced when the C7 was suppose to come out. The years that I posted was just rumors, nothing confirmed by GM. But I did hear from GM that the C7 is still going to come out. Here is a article that is confirming it.

Thanks to General Motors CEO Fritz Henderson, we will all be able to sleep tonight, because he has just assured the car buying public that the future of Chevrolet Corvette is secure. According to Henderson "Corvette pays its rent," and the future seventh-generation car, dubbed the C7, is still on track, although; the GM CEO was not specific about when the next generation Corvette will be going into production.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...k-ar73991.html

That was posted in May of this year and I havent seen or heard anything offical saying something different. If you have credible info. say something else Id love to see it.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:39 AM
B-STOCK
Melting Slicks

GM Shelves Performance Division To Work On Fuel Efficient Vehicles, Smart Move?
February 18 2009
General Motors has disbanded its small specialty High Performance Vehicle Operations unit in order for its engineers to focus their efforts on more fuel efficient Chevrolets, Cadillacs, Buicks and Pontiacs, GM spokesman Vince Muniga stated today. In addition, all current performance oriented vehicle projects are on "indefinite hold" and no future go-fast models from the General are to be expected in the near future.
"These guys are pretty good at what they do," Muniga said of the engineers in the program to Automotive News. "They are moving into different areas to work on core products."

The group produced low volume tuned machines ranging from various V-Series Cadillacs to the 'SS' badged Chevrolet HHR and Cobalt.

If all goes according to yesterday's restructuring plan presented to Congress (and fuel economy standards permitting), GM's speed hungry division could be revived sometime down the road.

Next ArticlePhiladelphia Sports Car Examiner GM Disbands Performance Division
April 7, 11:42 AM
Comment ShareThisRSS Email Print
As the financial woes continue for the free-falling American automotive legend General Motors, changes are being made to help keep the company afloat. One of the most disheartening is the disbanding of GM’s Performance Division.

The Performance Division consists of the engineers in charge of most “SS”,”V”, and “GXP” badged GM vehicles such as the Cobalt SS, CTS-V, G8 GXP. "All high-performance projects are on indefinite hold." said GM’s Vince Muniga
The engineers are being redeployed by GM to work on new hybrids for the company’s lineup a move that “The General” hopes will revitalize their market and slow the absolute financial plummet in progress.

So what doe this mean for the arrival of the new Camaro? How about the highly touted CTS-V Coupe? The Corvette ZR-1? According to a February 19th article in the New York Times, General Motors plans to make good on current generation promises. This means the release of the Camaro all the way up to the SS model, although the highest performance model Z-28 seems to be scrapped for now. The CTS-V Coupe will also make its way to the showroom floor though in smaller numbers, the same goes for the Pontiac G8 GXP where production has been cut by 97%. The Corvette ZR-1 will also be released in small quantities. These vehicles will stick around in there current generation but there is no telling what the future holds for the models. As for the Cobalt and HHR SS they will go by the wayside being replaced by GM’s Delta-2 platform vehicle the Chevrolet Cruze a.k.a. the Opel/Saturn Astra. There are no plans for performance versions of GM’s next generation economy car.

General Motors has always been steeped in performance-oriented tradition and there is nothing more symbolic of that than the "SS" badge. Is it sad to see such a prestigious moniker go by the way of brands like Oldsmobile and AMC? Yes. One thing to remember is that the SS badge has been lifted from the GM lineup before and made its return, only time will tell if the words “Super Sport” will mean the same thing ever again.

Take it for what's it's worth.

Last edited by B-STOCK; 07-28-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

GM Shelves Performance Division To Work On Fuel Efficient Vehicles, Smart Move?
February 18 2009
General Motors has disbanded its small specialty High Performance Vehicle Operations unit in order for its engineers to focus their efforts on more fuel efficient Chevrolets, Cadillacs, Buicks and Pontiacs, GM spokesman Vince Muniga stated today. In addition, all current performance oriented vehicle projects are on "indefinite hold" and no future go-fast models from the General are to be expected in the near future.
"These guys are pretty good at what they do," Muniga said of the engineers in the program to Automotive News. "They are moving into different areas to work on core products."

The group produced low volume tuned machines ranging from various V-Series Cadillacs to the 'SS' badged Chevrolet HHR and Cobalt.

If all goes according to yesterday's restructuring plan presented to Congress (and fuel economy standards permitting), GM's speed hungry division could be revived sometime down the road.

Next ArticlePhiladelphia Sports Car Examiner GM Disbands Performance Division
April 7, 11:42 AM
Comment ShareThisRSS Email Print
As the financial woes continue for the free-falling American automotive legend General Motors, changes are being made to help keep the company afloat. One of the most disheartening is the disbanding of GM’s Performance Division.

The Performance Division consists of the engineers in charge of most “SS”,”V”, and “GXP” badged GM vehicles such as the Cobalt SS, CTS-V, G8 GXP. "All high-performance projects are on indefinite hold." said GM’s Vince Muniga
The engineers are being redeployed by GM to work on new hybrids for the company’s lineup a move that “The General” hopes will revitalize their market and slow the absolute financial plummet in progress.

So what doe this mean for the arrival of the new Camaro? How about the highly touted CTS-V Coupe? The Corvette ZR-1? According to a February 19th article in the New York Times, General Motors plans to make good on current generation promises. This means the release of the Camaro all the way up to the SS model, although the highest performance model Z-28 seems to be scrapped for now. The CTS-V Coupe will also make its way to the showroom floor though in smaller numbers, the same goes for the Pontiac G8 GXP where production has been cut by 97%. The Corvette ZR-1 will also be released in small quantities. These vehicles will stick around in there current generation but there is no telling what the future holds for the models. As for the Cobalt and HHR SS they will go by the wayside being replaced by GM’s Delta-2 platform vehicle the Chevrolet Cruze a.k.a. the Opel/Saturn Astra. There are no plans for performance versions of GM’s next generation economy car.

General Motors has always been steeped in performance-oriented tradition and there is nothing more symbolic of that than the "SS" badge. Is it sad to see such a prestigious moniker go by the way of brands like Oldsmobile and AMC? Yes. One thing to remember is that the SS badge has been lifted from the GM lineup before and made its return, only time will tell if the words “Super Sport” will mean the same thing ever again.

Take it for what's it's worth.
Ive read those before and the one I posted is from May which is newer than those. Again I never said that GM released the date for when the C7 will be built but Corvette is not going anywhere anytime soon. I believe you already stated it that the C6 could be dragged along for awhile like the C4 was until the econmy picks up to build a C7, but again the C7 will happen.

Last edited by 02MillenniumVette; 07-28-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Gideon's_Test
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The C7 release has been delayed till 2014....
Old 08-03-2009, 03:55 PM
B-STOCK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Gideon's_Test
The C7 release has been delayed till 2014....
Thats what I heard also. Time will tell.

Get notified of new replies

To No c7?

Quick Reply: No c7?