Sponsored by:

Split window C7? Really!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tha shu
Haha, probably not far from the truth. Either way though, I consider myself youngish (27) and I still prefer the look of the older style cars (even though I love Vettes, my all-time favorite car is the 69 Camaro RS, such a beautiful car).
Yeah I am 30 next month. I wouldn't not buy the Camaro, and at some point will probably buy a ZL-1 to add to the stable, but in all honesty I feel like cars are just like movies.

I don't feel like I have watched a movie in a long time that was a radical new idea. They just take an old idea, change it a little, slap some lipstick on it and call it new.

We need something NEW
Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Tha shu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Electron
Yeah I am 30 next month. I wouldn't not buy the Camaro, and at some point will probably buy a ZL-1 to add to the stable, but in all honesty I feel like cars are just like movies.

I don't feel like I have watched a movie in a long time that was a radical new idea. They just take an old idea, change it a little, slap some lipstick on it and call it new.

We need something NEW
As I said before, I think going to a retro style is a great thing to do if you want to rejuvenate a car model, but the Vette doesn't need to be rejuvenated, it needs to keep progressing.

I'll probably get slapped in the face for saying this, but I honestly would love to see Chevrolet come out with a mid-engine sports car. Maybe take a Corvette, make it mid-engined as an option, this way the people who prefer classic vette (FR) can have it, and then people who want to try out a mid-engined vette could do that as well. I don't ever see GM putting money into this type of thing, but I think it'd be awesome. Plus, it never hurts to have variety.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:34 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Tha shu
I'll probably get slapped in the face for saying this, but I honestly would love to see Chevrolet come out with a mid-engine sports car. Maybe take a Corvette, make it mid-engined as an option, this way the people who prefer classic vette (FR) can have it, and then people who want to try out a mid-engined vette could do that as well. I don't ever see GM putting money into this type of thing, but I think it'd be awesome. Plus, it never hurts to have variety.
GM has built the read mid-engine car in the past in the form of the Fiero. By 1988, it had evolved into a pretty good car, especially in the Formula model.

GM had already decided to kill it before the '88 was brought out, in part driven by the engine fire issue in the early '84 four cylinder cars. There were 260 fires out of 370,000 cars built, but the press had its lasting, braying say. Another incorrect but highly publicized contributor was the false safety issues. It has been published that he Fiero was the second-safest vehicle sold in America from 1984-1988, bested by the Volvo 740DL station wagon. GM execs also incorrectly predicted the sales potential of the '88 car.

GM has the ability to build the read mid-engine. I agree with you that I'm not sure they will venture there again.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Tha shu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
GM has built the read mid-engine car in the past in the form of the Fiero. By 1988, it had evolved into a pretty good car, especially in the Formula model.

GM had already decided to kill it before the '88 was brought out, in part driven by the engine fire issue in the early '84 four cylinder cars. There were 260 fires out of 370,000 cars built, but the press had its lasting, braying say. Another incorrect but highly publicized contributor was the false safety issues. It has been published that he Fiero was the second-safest vehicle sold in America from 1984-1988, bested by the Volvo 740DL station wagon. GM execs also incorrectly predicted the sales potential of the '88 car.

GM has the ability to build the read mid-engine. I agree with you that I'm not sure they will venture there again.
Can't believe I forgot about the Fiero.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:21 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

I think it would be nice to have an an option. You know, you could order one with a full or split windnow. That way everyone can have what they want.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

The split rear window was so wonderful GM made a kit to replace it with a one piece unit.

Quick Reply: Split window C7? Really!?