Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior design

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:12 PM
CannedBullets
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the interior on the C6 looks nice but apparently it isn't high build quality.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:37 AM
PureSwank
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Anything but wood grain. Nice Cadillac but this isn't an old mans car.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:20 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

I think the Caddy interior looks awesome. Cream & brown certainly won't appeal to every buyer's taste, and they're luxury car colors not sport colors. I can imagine something similar with sport seats and manual transmission in black & red with brushed aluminum or black & grey with carbon fiber matching a new Corvette style pretty well.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
Have you guys seen the prices to upgrade the interior of a 911. So if you take a base Corvette coupe of 50k up to 4LT, magnetic ride, silver metallic paint, sport exhaust, etc you get to about 63k.

You start with base 911 coupe at 82k only get 350hp. to get it equivilent to the above you add 21k in options and get 103k for a lower performing car. Now maybe the interior might be a little nicer, but 40k? You could throw out the nice 4LT leather adn replace with a fabulous Carvaggio leather interior for 20K and have a much better performing car with a nicer interior.

When the Corvette buyers are willing to pay the silly prices the Porsche guys do for their upgraded interiors, they would get the same or better than Porsche offers.

This is so true. The first time I saw a Porsche Panamera I checked the sticker and saw it had $35K of options!! You can buy a nice used Vette for the upgrades on that one car. And Carrera's are just as bad.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:08 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Have you guys seen the prices to upgrade the interior of a 911. So if you take a base Corvette coupe of 50k up to 4LT, magnetic ride, silver metallic paint, sport exhaust, etc you get to about 63k.

You start with base 911 coupe at 82k only get 350hp. to get it equivilent to the above you add 21k in options and get 103k for a lower performing car. Now maybe the interior might be a little nicer, but 40k? You could throw out the nice 4LT leather adn replace with a fabulous Carvaggio leather interior for 20K and have a much better performing car with a nicer interior.

When the Corvette buyers are willing to pay the silly prices the Porsche guys do for their upgraded interiors, they would get the same or better than Porsche offers.
You "get it" my friend.

Every 'expert' on here bitches about this and that on the Corvette, including the interior. They should just go buy whatever they want. The Corvette is what it is: a world class performing car at a bargain basement price.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Flex182
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

In about 14 month's we'll all know and will be able to stop worrying about it.
They know what their customers want by now, We have raved about it ever
since the Stingray concept made its entrance in transformers, and I dont think
they will let us down.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 AM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
You "get it" my friend.

Every 'expert' on here bitches about this and that on the Corvette, including the interior. They should just go buy whatever they want. The Corvette is what it is: a world class performing car at a bargain basement price.
Unfortunately, that is exactly what has been happening. Careful what you ask for...
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 AM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BobRBob
Unfortunately, that is exactly what has been happening. Careful what you ask for...
I like what Chevy offers us Bob. And in case you haven't noticed, Porsche's 911 sales figures continue to drop in N.A. also. I think it has something to do with the economy in addition to lower cost choices (economy helps drive people to those choices).

I haven't looked at sales figures of Jag, Aston, M-B and other sports models because they are not Corvettes main competition, but they are likely not soaring either.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:53 AM
BobRBob
Racer

Originally Posted by jackhall99
I like what Chevy offers us Bob. And in case you haven't noticed, Porsche's 911 sales figures continue to drop in N.A. also. I think it has something to do with the economy in addition to lower cost choices (economy helps drive people to those choices).

I haven't looked at sales figures of Jag, Aston, M-B and other sports models because they are not Corvettes main competition, but they are likely not soaring either.
Corvette's market share keeps shrinking; competition includes sports sedans like the M3 and C63, which are moving well. Porsche is losing 911 sales not just to the economy but also to Cayman and Boxster. We'll see but I predict Corvette will continue to decline into oblivion without some major changes to the platform. I've owned a Corvette since '79. I'm not anxious to see it disappear. Just stating what I think is obvious - the current design is obsolete and has run it's course. Boomers can't continue to carry the marque forever.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:50 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

Some people seem to insist that GM build a $150,000 car and sell it for $65,000.

Tom
Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
vant
Burning Brakes

How dare customers insist that GM actually listens to them and improves the product. You'll take what's given and like it, mister!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Notch
Safety Car

By "upgraded", do you mean the upgraded 911 interior as compared to the Vette's interior, or do you mean the 911's interior options list?

The price of a base 911 is not dictated by what it costs Porsche to make the interior. And I don't think people buy 911s based on a "single issue" (like "the "interior) decision framework.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:17 PM
uxojerry
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GM can fix the shortfalls of the C6 interior for a few hundred dollars, not a few thousand. Changing Chevy Cruze plastic for a little carbon fiber or brushed aluminum will not cost much. Making Recaros an option like they do for the CTS-V and the Camaro will eliminate any more bitching about the seats. These two upgrades would eliminate almost every magazine complaint of the C6. I also make the assumption that the Corvette upgrades it's navigation/infotainment package to GMs latest equipment.

Oh, I forgot the plastic rear and taillight assembly, they need to fix that too.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

I think the plastic rear end is smart, cuts weight & that is one of the C6's strong points. Personally I am not impressed with Porsche & others in many regards. If someone gave me a Porsche, I would drive it only long enough to get rid of it. A friend of mine is a Porsche master tech & as he says "anyone that owns a Porsche out of warranty is nuts". No car is worth excessive repair costs to me.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by zland
"anyone that owns a Porsche out of warranty is nuts".
It depends on how much net money over expenses and investments a person has, along with the worth that person places on his Porsche.

I believe the mechanic's opinion represents an uninformed and narrow view.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Also, here is the "premium" interior for the new XTS with CUE. This is what I am expecting to see in the C7.
Wow. A CTS-V may be a nice consolation if the Jilopnik C7 is the real deal.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Corvette's market share keeps shrinking; competition includes sports sedans like the M3 and C63, which are moving well. Porsche is losing 911 sales not just to the economy but also to Cayman and Boxster.
Bob, 911 sales are down. If prospective buyers are opting for the Cayman or Boxster, their choices are probably driven in (most) part by the sour economy. You give up performance for a lower price to play.

GM should not try to make the Corvette compete with sports sedans; they are two different animals. I agree the M3 and C63, along with top end Mustangs and Camaros, are sales competition. Lots of reasons for people opting for them, including lower price along with the sedan configuration.

Get notified of new replies

To Interior design

Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

M3 and C63 also come with more acceptable owner stereotypes.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:59 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Corvette's market share keeps shrinking; competition includes sports sedans like the M3 and C63, which are moving well. Porsche is losing 911 sales not just to the economy but also to Cayman and Boxster. We'll see but I predict Corvette will continue to decline into oblivion without some major changes to the platform. I've owned a Corvette since '79. I'm not anxious to see it disappear. Just stating what I think is obvious - the current design is obsolete and has run it's course. Boomers can't continue to carry the marque forever.
But boomers have been the majority buyer for Corvette since they came out. You keep going on with the same argument, but most of us do not agree with you. The economy is such a problem for everybody right now.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 AM
BobRBob
Racer

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
But boomers have been the majority buyer for Corvette since they came out. You keep going on with the same argument, but most of us do not agree with you. The economy is such a problem for everybody right now.
Justin, that is exactly the point. Boomers have been and continue to be the majority buyer of the Corvette. Clearly, that cannot continue after the boomers are gone. This seems so obvious that I can't believe there is any controversy around the issue. We can disagree on what changes are required to attract a younger buyer but surely not on the requirement itself.

Btw, you have no idea how many folks agree with me, especially among those who never heard of this forum, the potential customers who never even consider a Corvette.

Speak for yourself.

Quick Reply: Interior design