Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:30 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Umrswimr
Surely you're not implying that he's talking our of his sittin' side, are you? I'm sure he has some study conducted where they actually performed this transplant and is willing to share his results.
I have no study to share with you or others.

All I stated was "As posted in other threads". Numerous CF members have opined that "if this interior was in a Porsche today, the mag writers would grovel over it. And if a Porsche interior were in the Corvette, it would be rated "below par"."

Have a nice day.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
All I stated was "As posted in other threads". Numerous CF members have opined that "if this interior was in a Porsche today, the mag writers would grovel over it. And if a Porsche interior were in the Corvette, it would be rated "below par"."
Do you agree with them?
Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
RonnieC6Z
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 230 Posts

Well, this should turn into another pissing contest rather quickly.

Personally, I like the interior as it is. As posted in other threads, if this interior was in a Porsche today, the mag writers would grovel over it. And if a Porsche interior were in the Corvette, it would be rated "below par".

Let the fun begin.
Your statement is completely without merit. Many Corvette reviews love everything about the C6 except for the seats and interior. Furthermore, many Porsche 997 reviews, although complimentary towards the interior, have stated that performance is not as good as the C6. I have owned both cars, (2010 Grand sport 4LT is my current car), and will be the first to admit that everything about the Porsche 997 interior is far superior to that of the C6. Finally, you can go to the Porsche website and look at the newly designed 2013 Boxster. The interior is really outstanding....far more outstanding than my 4LT GS.
Let's hope that when GM says that the interior on the C7 will be on par with that of Audi, they are right on.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:24 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchydkid
Time passed and the C6 interior quickly became focus of much criticism. The lack of baby seal skin and Noah's Arc wood grain became a glaring fault.

True, some people are simply impossible to please LOL.

I like fast/high performance cars.
I also like value.
Corvette offers both in abundance, possibly more so than any other vehicle in history.
And part of that is due to GM/Chevrolet/Team Corvette making the most of what they have to work with considering the various limitations imposed by the bean counters, shareholders, the general population's need to enter/exit the car easily enough and safety regulators etc.
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather see more of the car's 'budget' be focused on making even more power while retaining or even increasing fuel economy than trying to duplicate the interior accoutrements of a $200k+ Bentley.
Maybe my standards are too low but I don't know if there is too much more that I would require than what is offered on the current upgraded 4LT/Centennial Edition/Carbon Edition type interiors, those things are NICE.
Yes, more supportive 'road racing style' seats would be nice but again, there is a wide array of people buying these cars (and that NEED to continue to buy these cars in order for the line to survive) and they don't all want to be clamped/forced in place on long trips. Maybe a racing seat option for those that want it would work?
Yes the interior might need some work in order to keep this already awesome car 'world class' but please, please don't jack up the price another $5k as a result of it.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z
Finally, you can go to the Porsche website and look at the newly designed 2013 Boxster. The interior is really outstanding....
I've seen some pics of the new Boxster's interior, it is nice.
And some would even argue that the base Corvette interiors should be at least equal with that of a Boxster's because they are both sold at similar price points.
But they certainly are NOT at similar performance points LOL.
One would actually have to step all the way up to a $96k+ Carrera S before getting the overall performance capabilities offered for only $49k (before the generous discounts/rebates currently being offered) in the Corvette LS3.
So when people point fingers at the interior of the Corvette (which really isn't even nearly as bad as some make it out to be in the first place) I have to point the: high-mid 11 second 1/4 mile times at almost 120mph, the 190mph top speed, the awesome handling/braking, the comfort/interior space for two and all of their luggage and the 30mpg highway fuel economy that you get for under $50k.
NO OTHER car maker has yet to be able to duplicate all of that in one package, none.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:39 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually agree that the magazines will bash the Vette no matter what standards it meets or surpasses. Look at every European review of the Vette. They even bash the performance of the car even though it out-performs the Euro performance cars.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:23 PM
C8forT
Burning Brakes

Received 452 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I've seen some pics of the new Boxster's interior, it is nice.
And some would even argue that the base Corvette interiors should be at least equal with that of a Boxster's because they are both sold at similar price points.
But they certainly are NOT at similar performance points LOL.
One would actually have to step all the way up to a $96k+ Carrera S before getting the overall performance capabilities offered for only $49k (before the generous discounts/rebates currently being offered) in the Corvette LS3.
So when people point fingers at the interior of the Corvette (which really isn't even nearly as bad as some make it out to be in the first place) I have to point the: high-mid 11 second 1/4 mile times at almost 120mph, the 190mph top speed, the awesome handling/braking, the comfort/interior space for two and all of their luggage and the 30mpg highway fuel economy that you get for under $50k.
NO OTHER car maker has yet to be able to duplicate all of that in one package, none.
I fully agree. One caveat. The interior on my wife's $38k CTS (we purchased in 2008) is really nice, and it was the interier that helped me convince her to go with the CTS over the BMW 3 series after test driving them both. If they can put an interior that nice into a $38k car, they can manage to do so in the new C7, and I hope they do. I think it will help broaden the appeal to the Corvette and increase its sales numbers.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

The interior has to be better, it really does. More than anything, thr leather has to be upgraded. While the 4LT/3LZ/3ZR packages are a nice start, they aren't good enough. Maybe for the C7 base model they are, but the new interior needs to mean business. It would be great if they use the Cadillac ATS interior as something of a blueprint. That interior is brilliant.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:46 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Notch
Do you agree with them?
More or less, but not interior specific, just Corvette in general. In many reviews, the Corvette will show up the competition in most objective areas, but in any subjective area the Corvette rates lower.

For example, in the recent C&D comparo, the Z06 cleaned the new 911's clock on 0-60, 0-100, 0-150, top speed, 1/4 mile, 70-0, and roadholding, all measurable areas that we, as enthusiasts would buy a sports car for.

On subjective ratings, the 911 beat the 'vette by 3 points in the "vehicle" subtotal, 2 point coming to Porsche for their rear seat to zero for the Corvette. In most other areas, the Porsche beat the 'vette by 2 points. Sez who? The writer!

The "powertrain" subtotal favored the German car by one point, with the Porsche getting a THREE point edge in mileage.

Chassis goes Euro by three points. Brake "feel" (give me a break! ) goes to Porsche by two pints, even though the Corvette performed better. Ride also favored the Porsche by two, although I believe the 'vette does well over the road.

Fun to drive, another judgement area, goes to the German car by three points. Iffy.

Bottom line? The Porsche is "better" by 10 points, even though the Corvette beat the Porsche on the track in every meaningful area. Performance, out of the overall "point assessment" scale, was only credited based on 1/4 mile times. Hell, braking, roadholding, etc. must not count for performance to the C&D writers.

So yes, I see a definite bias against the Corvette, whether specific to the interior or otherwise.

I don't care, as I enjoy my Corvette. I also think the 911 is a great car, along with the Cayman S, Ferrari models, Lotus (although I could not live with it), etc.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:48 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z
Your statement is completely without merit. Many Corvette reviews love everything about the C6 except for the seats and interior. Furthermore, many Porsche 997 reviews, although complimentary towards the interior, have stated that performance is not as good as the C6. ....
Ronnie, read my post #29 to Notch.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Notch
Safety Car

More or less, but not interior specific, just Corvette in general. In many reviews, the Corvette will show up the competition in most objective areas, but in any subjective area the Corvette rates lower.

For example, in the recent C&D comparo, the Z06 cleaned the new 911's clock on 0-60, 0-100, 0-150, top speed, 1/4 mile, 70-0, and roadholding, all measurable areas that we, as enthusiasts would buy a sports car for.

On subjective ratings, the 911 beat the 'vette by 3 points in the "vehicle" subtotal, 2 point coming to Porsche for their rear seat to zero for the Corvette. In most other areas, the Porsche beat the 'vette by 2 points. Sez who? The writer!

The "powertrain" subtotal favored the German car by one point, with the Porsche getting a THREE point edge in mileage.

Chassis goes Euro by three points. Brake "feel" (give me a break! ) goes to Porsche by two pints, even though the Corvette performed better. Ride also favored the Porsche by two, although I believe the 'vette does well over the road.

Fun to drive, another judgement area, goes to the German car by three points. Iffy.

Bottom line? The Porsche is "better" by 10 points, even though the Corvette beat the Porsche on the track in every meaningful area. Performance, out of the overall "point assessment" scale, was only credited based on 1/4 mile times. Hell, braking, roadholding, etc. must not count for performance to the C&D writers.

So yes, I see a definite bias against the Corvette, whether specific to the interior or otherwise.

I don't care, as I enjoy my Corvette. I also think the 911 is a great car, along with the Cayman S, Ferrari models, Lotus (although I could not live with it), etc.
I was asking whether or not you agreed with them that if the Porsche interior were in the Vette they (the magazine writers) would still have negative comments on the interior.

As for all that you wrote (above), I have a different opinion regarding most of what you said.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I was asking whether or not you agreed with them that if the Porsche interior were in the Vette they (the magazine writers) would still have negative comments on the interior.

As for all that you wrote (above), I have a different opinion regarding most of what you said.
And I answered YES. Other CF members posting in other threads first postulated the position, and I agree with them.

As to a debate on my other points about the Euro-loving writers: you can win the atrgument buddy. Life's too short.

Oh, other forum members have also opined the same thoughts in other threads, as you know.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Notch
Safety Car

And I answered YES.
Can you point to the post in this thread where you answered "yes" to my specific question asking if you agreed with those that have opined that auto magazines would still have a negative opinion regarding the interior of a Vette that hypothetically had the 911 interior installed?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:13 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Can you point to the post in this thread where you answered "yes" to my specific question asking if you agreed with those that have opined that auto magazines would still have a negative opinion regarding the interior of a Vette that hypothetically had the 911 interior installed?
You've been in on those threads amigo.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Notch
Safety Car

As to a debate on my other points about the Euro-loving writers: you can win the atrgument buddy. Life's too short.
Thanks, but I wasn't focused on the writers themselves. There are plenty of other issues to discuss prior to getting to whether or not the writers are "Euro-loving".
Old 01-24-2012, 06:17 PM
Notch
Safety Car

You've been in on those threads amigo.
Did you see where I wrote "this thread"??

BTW, I have not discussed the hypothetical "interior swap" conspiracy theory in any other thread.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:36 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Did you see where I wrote "this thread"??

BTW, I have not discussed the hypothetical "interior swap" conspiracy theory in any other thread.
I saw that very limiting and petty phrase. Earlier, I had cited other CF members discussing Porsche seats, and the Euro-loving writer's opinions if a seat-swap occurred. Here's a link that includes that opinion. You did not discuss it, but sure read the opinions.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...e-seats-3.html

Get notified of new replies

To C7 interior expectations.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

And I answered YES. Other CF members posting in other threads first postulated the position, and I agree with them.

Oh, other forum members have also opined the same thoughts in other threads, as you know.
correct! I have long opined that when it comes to EURO compares curious "home built defensive practices" show up rather blatantly.

See crazy UK $117K Corvette GS cabrio meets Porsche 9114S and Jaguar Jxx comparo
Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Notch
Safety Car

I saw that very limiting and petty phrase.
Well, I don't take the time to commit to memory all of the posts you've made on this forum. You posted in this thread that you had answered "yes" to the question I posted in this thread. Asking you where this "yes" answer was in this thread isn't anything that can be reasonably considered "petty" or "limiting".

I had cited other CF members discussing Porsche seats, and the Euro-loving writer's opinions if a seat-swap occurred
They were putting words in magazine writer's mouths on something that is wildly hypothetical (if not impossible). It's amazing how things get posted on a forum and the next thing you know people are citing them as facts. ("All U.S. magazine writers are bias towards European cars"..."Auto magazine writers bashed the Vette that had a 911 interior installed", etc).
Old 01-24-2012, 07:11 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C7ZR1forT
I fully agree. One caveat. The interior on my wife's $38k CTS (we purchased in 2008) is really nice, and it was the interier that helped me convince her to go with the CTS over the BMW 3 series after test driving them both. If they can put an interior that nice into a $38k car, they can manage to do so in the new C7, and I hope they do. I think it will help broaden the appeal to the Corvette and increase its sales numbers.
Agreed, it is definitely possible and I believe it could even be done without tacking too much extra cost onto the final product too.
But again, a base CTS V6 (or base 3 series) doesn't perform like a Corvette either, in fact it's performance is entirely dwarfed by it. Point being, it's not as if you're getting nothing in return for that small sacrifice in interior finish. Life is full of trade offs such as that.
Of course by the same token, a Corvette cannot carry 4 or 5 adults in such comfort (or at all LOL) either.

The truth is, one need only look to the CTS-V to see that GM can deliver both, amazing performance AND a stellar world class interior and do it for a (relatively) decent price/value. And I'm assuming/hoping that the C7 won't disappoint in that department.

Quick Reply: C7 interior expectations.