Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Who cares about the C7...

...until you actually see the final "finished" product?

This has been my take on it. I will reserve any jugement until then.

I do understand the interest in speculation. But I simply wont have any comments on it until I can see/feel the real deal.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:33 AM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

I completely agree. I am tired of people talking about how much the C7 will look like Jalopnik renderings. No one here knows that for sure, so there is no use speculating. Just be patient and wait until it starts testing on the Nurburgring. Then we will get a better look.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:23 AM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

To a lot of people it's like a kid at christmas. So let them have their fun, it's exciting!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:26 AM
1RedVettFor2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think to a certian degree GM is watching and gauging the response to these things. The similarities to the test mule and the jalipnik renderings and the fact that it seems like someone was allowed to snap the photos out in the wide open tells me that they are trying to get peoples opinions. IMO
Old 01-29-2012, 11:44 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am holding my opinions and comments to myself until I actually see the thing, without camo or grand sport body panes over the chasis etc.

I am sure they will make it better if not just as good as the current C6.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:50 PM
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Endless speculation........
Old 01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,837 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by jazzlove
Endless speculation........
Um, you realize this is a discussion forum on the internet, right?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:12 PM
ANTIVNOM
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

Amen, totally agree. We've seen a vinyl rapped mule and a rendering of what one site CLAIMS that it looks like. When GM releases offical pictures and we can see the car in the flesh, then it is fair to judge it.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Merry Christmas !!!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:43 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

Its funny that the OP started a brand new thread just to say he had nothing to say. Oh well, I'll jump into the pool anyway.

Its fun to anticipate a new Corvette. As we learned with the C6, its possible to get a peek before GM presents the car officially if people in the right places keep their eyes open. I would even venture to say that it is more fun to see incomplete cars, cammo cars, etc. than to just have GM pull the sheet off and say "here it is!" We get teased, we build anticipation, and in the end we get the big reveal. Its all fun, and what is Corvette about if its not about fun?

As for how the car looks; sharing opinions is also part of the fun. Some will like, some will not, and strangely, some get offended when opinions don't agree. For example, I've been called a hater, troll, and poser for not liking the C7 design. Its hilarious people get mad that I don't like the same car they do. Those same people are looking at the cammo photos and Jalopnik drawings and then proclaiming with no kidding seriousness that we still have no idea what the C7 will look like. This stuff cracks me up and I'm having a ball with it.

As always, when we see official GM release is the first time we know FOR SURE what we are being presented with. Maybe I've been duped. Maybe I'm fooling myself. I sure hope so. But one thing is for sure; I'm having fun and enjoying the leaks and speculation.

What I enjoy the most are the people here and at DC who claim to have inside information. When they type, I read with a sense of imagination at the significance that they may have actually seen the real deal. Some of them may have seen it. Some of them may THINK they have seen the real thing. And some may be messing with us. I'll play along and let my mind try and solve the mystery.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

My point was, I can't understand why this new model is so polarizing in opinions, but we don't have solid evidence on the details.

I don't mind anticipation, chatter, discussion, speculation, its just that people are basing their opinions on...nothing.

I don't understand how anyone can either hate, or love the design, when we have no solid confirmation on any of the details.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchsport
My point was, I can't understand why this new model is so polarizing in opinions, but we don't have solid evidence on the details.

I don't mind anticipation, chatter, discussion, speculation, its just that people are basing their opinions on...nothing.

I don't understand how anyone can either hate, or love the design, when we have no solid confirmation on any of the details.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

People are bored.
People want the next Corvette to be the car of their dreams.
People get VERY emotionally involved when they feel their dreams are being threatened.

BTW, C7's shape is locked at this point -- the car's entering production in just over a year, for Pete's sake. So no, GM is not leaking heavily camouflaged spy photos or letting someone show illustrations on a news blog in order to gather opinions.

.Jinx
Old 01-29-2012, 07:07 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Who cares about the C7...
Apparently you do, at least enough to make a new thread about it LOL.

But I simply wont have any comments on it until I can see/feel the real deal.
As you comment on not having any comments on it?

Just kiddin' of course.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Just kiddin' of course.
No comment.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
To a lot of people it's like a kid at christmas. So let them have their fun, it's exciting!
Its like dreaming about what you would do if you wn the lottery.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:09 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

Nothing? We have the Jalopnik drawings. The drawings are not the final word, but they are probably VERY accurate. Why? Well, we've see the real car wearing camouflage. Even with the camouflage, we see the drawings got the wheels PERFECT. The drawings got the tall side vents on the back end, the rear view mirrors, the headlights, the door pulls, and the dimensions pretty darn near perfectly. The test cars also have trapazoidal tail light openings that while they might be disguising the round lights, look much like the drawings. We can also see the rear quarter window and back glass are likely pretty close to the drawings. All this gives the drawings more than a fair amount of credibility. While this is no guarantee the drawings are correct, there is a LOT of evidence that says the drawings are not a blind shot in the dark. We most definitely are not making opinions about nothing. Even if the car turns out to be COMPLETELY different than what we have seen, we still had SOMETHING we where basing our pre-reveal opinions on, even if it turns out to be inaccurate.

Do we know for sure exactly what the final car will look like? No. Are we basing our opinions on nothing? No. And to add to that, we are not even creating opinions about the C7. We are creating opinions about what we have seen and no more. I just don't see any problem with doing that. When the next spy shots come out, we will have opinions about those spy shots. And when the real car is revealed...we get to create opinions of that too.

Get notified of new replies

To Who cares about the C7...

Quick Reply: Who cares about the C7...