Sponsored by:

I sue hope theyu ditch the crappy Bose systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Binh360
I switch my Bose system to focals front and rear with two JL audio subs. Sounds terrific
I did the same. Sometimes overkill is a good answer. Apropos in a Corvette
Old 05-11-2012, 12:36 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado C6
I agree with every negative comment about Coprvette in the thread. My 2009 C6 was noisy. NAV was crap. And like I have said many times on here and has been repeated on this thread many time, the interior is crap. For the asking price of a GS I would expect a better radio/Nav unit and a better interior. The bean counters will effect the upcoming C6.4 just like they have the C5 and C6. I noticed that it didn't take long for the 2 know it all trools to jump in and defend all of the negative comments on this thread.
You never owned a Corvette. I don't even believe you own the Z3.5 you say you own. I'm pretty sure you're at a public library on one of their computers because you have nothing better to do.

Go get a job and stop wasting our time.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:33 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
You never owned a Corvette. I don't even believe you own the Z3.5 you say you own. I'm pretty sure you're at a public library on one of their computers because you have nothing better to do.

I concur, you may be on to something there.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:00 AM
inner3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some cars are using Rockford Fosgate. Probably won't happen though
Old 05-11-2012, 03:09 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I'm not so sure that is right, but there is a strange gap in his postings from 7/21/2010 C6 General to 3/8/2012 in C7. See below where he was positive then seems to turn very negative about Corvettes after resuming his posts to the forum. I do believe he is who he says he is unless his I.D. has been hyjacked as his posting history is easy to research and imitate. Be that may, who are you? Or why have you become so upset since 7/21/2010?

CoC6 (7/21/2010) "FortMorganAl---I am very luck to have a Chevrolet dealer close by who is the sponsor of our Corvette club. They sell many Corvettes and provide excellent service. They know Corvettes. There are several dealers in town who say they are the Corvette leader, but there is really only one that I would take my car to for service. For 40 years, I changed oil and did greese jobs on many an old car including MG's, Model A Fords, early Corvettes, etc. I enjoyed the hobby and all that went with it, but not anymore. Like I said, I am lucky to have known this Chevrolet dealer since 1989 and I trust them. Isn't it a shame that all Corvette owners don't have a trusted Chevrolet dealer to go to for service, but I guess that's not the case as we can all see by reading some of the comments here. I would never take my Corvette to WalMart for anything."

CoC6 (3/8/2012) "I read Car & Driver and in my opinion, the Acura NSX and BMW i8 are way ahead in technology and design. Both the NSX and i8 are sleek and offer features that maybe the C8 will offer. Chevrolet needs to offer a brand new Corvette with all the bells and whisles and latest technology. They need a mid engine turboV6, All wheel drive, world class interior, NAV, and improved economy. How about a retractable hardtop instead of a creaking targa top from the 80's. I have owned Corvettes from 1975 until my 2009 C6 which I just traded off for a new 2012 BMW Z4. Retracrable hardtop, 8 speed auto trans, great NAV with idrive. Turbo 4 cyl with 240HP and 36 to 43 MPG. Sharp styling in and out. Top notch interior. And it's priced below a C6 Grand Sport Convertable by thousands of dollars. I also believe it resale value will be a higher percentage than Corvette. What I see so far in the C7 is a C6.5. NSX or i8 vs Corvette Z06 or ZR1? I'll take the latest techonolgy instead of the same ole Corvette with a redesigned body but nothing really new like the 1963 split window when it came out. You need a new Corvette and you didn't get one."

Last edited by CRABBYJ; 05-11-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:16 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Yeah. I went back and read his posts on this forum and just about every post that has to do specifically with Corvettes is negative right from the beginning. He's full of crap. All he does is compare his supposed Lexus to his supposed Corvette. (As if the two were comparable. )

I'm just going to have to call it what it is... BS. He's just a troll of the greenest kind. When he's not at the library using a public computer to bash Vettes, he's under a bridge waiting to bash passer-bys.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 AM
Qweklain
Racer

Yeah. I went back and read his posts on this forum and just about every post that has to do specifically with Corvettes is negative right from the beginning. He's full of crap. All he does is compare his supposed Lexus to his supposed Corvette. (As if the two were comparable. )

I'm just going to have to call it what it is... BS. He's just a troll of the greenest kind. When he's not at the library using a public computer to bash Vettes, he's under a bridge waiting to bash passer-bys.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:19 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

No, I respectfully disagree. There is something more going on here.

First, he started posting on 11/15/2008 and made only 62 posts until 7/21/2010 with most no more critical than what we generally see on this forum. He presented himself as retired in his late 60's.

Then there was a long pause in posting until his next was on 3/8/2012 (see my previous post above) and until yesterday, 5/10/2012 accumulated 100 more posts.

What is strange is that it took 2 1/2 years to make 62 posts then in the last 2 months has made 100 more posts. And they are all very critical and are of a different, more nasty tone or frustration.

Anyway, I'm just soliciting a response from him as to what really happened to make this big change and to now devote so much negative time to this Forum?

Your turn CoC6, fill in the blanks for us.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:38 AM
thebrander
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

There's a radio in here? I need to slow down.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:51 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Honestly, I just wish he would learn to spell "convertible."
Old 05-11-2012, 03:00 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CaryKen
Honestly, I just wish he would learn to spell "convertible."
...and Camaro as well LOL.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Maybe there's something going on. Maybe there was some traumatic event in his Corvette past. Maybe he just got a ride in a buddy's car and saw how much nicer and cooler it was.

I don't care.

I might have cared a hundred posts ago, but he's gone way beyond making any kind of reasonable point about Corvette. He is antagonistic and petty at every turn. It is ugly, childish behavior -- and now that people are learning not to play his game, he attempts the veneer of reason and calls others childish so that he can continue to provoke and avoid an outright ban. Please do not engage him. Heed the words of Admiral Ackbar.

Let's be honest, if this was a bar, we'd have picked him up and tossed him out by now, and confronted him physically dared he return. But no, this is the Internet, where we must tiptoe gracefully and endure the calculating jabs of an agent of willful chaos whose interest in contributing to a community died long ago, if it ever existed. He can continue this ugliness indefinitely by following the letter of the law at the direct expense of its spirit, simply because this is not a physical space and outraged community members cannot physically remove him, and forum administration abides spirited discourse and extends the benefit of the doubt. He is a cunning social evil, and I'm sure he's entertained and even proud of his cleverness.

I can't throw him out, but I can put him on my ignore list. You can do the same:

Click User CP in the menu ribbon near the top of any page.
Click Edit Ignore List about halfway down the left side options.
Under "Add a Member to Your List..." enter Colorado C6 (with a space) in the text box and click Okay.

He is a pox on this forum. I respect and appreciate that the forum administration tends toward a light hand, but I implore them to take a closer look at the case of a man who may break no rule but adds no value and inflicts harm upon the community.

.Jinx
Old 05-11-2012, 06:34 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Jinx
Maybe there's something going on. Maybe there was some traumatic event in his Corvette past. Maybe he just got a ride in a buddy's car and saw how much nicer and cooler it was.

I don't care.

I might have cared a hundred posts ago, but he's gone way beyond making any kind of reasonable point about Corvette. He is antagonistic and petty at every turn. It is ugly, childish behavior -- and now that people are learning not to play his game, he attempts the veneer of reason and calls others childish so that he can continue to provoke and avoid an outright ban. Please do not engage him. Heed the words of Admiral Ackbar.

Let's be honest, if this was a bar, we'd have picked him up and tossed him out by now, and confronted him physically dared he return. But no, this is the Internet, where we must tiptoe gracefully and endure the calculating jabs of an agent of willful chaos whose interest in contributing to a community died long ago, if it ever existed. He can continue this ugliness indefinitely by following the letter of the law at the direct expense of its spirit, simply because this is not a physical space and outraged community members cannot physically remove him, and forum administration abides spirited discourse and extends the benefit of the doubt. He is a cunning social evil, and I'm sure he's entertained and even proud of his cleverness.

I can't throw him out, but I can put him on my ignore list. You can do the same:

Click User CP in the menu ribbon near the top of any page.
Click Edit Ignore List about halfway down the left side options.
Under "Add a Member to Your List..." enter Colorado C6 (with a space) in the text box and click Okay.

He is a pox on this forum. I respect and appreciate that the forum administration tends toward a light hand, but I implore them to take a closer look at the case of a man who may break no rule but adds no value and inflicts harm upon the community.

.Jinx
Very well said my friend.

I would love to ban his worthless crap right now, but sadly can't. I will not reply to his puke anymore and hope all other CF members do the same. I am not adding him to "Ignore" though since I prefer to monitor the crap he posts, and report all of it to the Mods that I can.

Last edited by jackhall99; 05-11-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:20 PM
inner3
Pro

some members
Old 05-11-2012, 07:29 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Very well said my friend.

I would love to ban his worthless crap right now, but sadly can't. I will not reply to his puke anymore and hope all other CF members do the same. I am not adding him to "Ignore" though since I prefer to monitor the crap he posts, and report all of it to the Mods that I can.
Yep. Think of it as the "Troll Toll" . . .
Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Parker Corvette
Pro

Good evening fellow bloggers. I don't consider my opinions or comments puke as suggested by JackHall99. I have commented on this forum in regard to the condition of my 2009 C6 and about the upcoming C6.4 Corvette. I have used no foul language. I have posted no cartoon images. I know of no forum rules I have broken. When I posted off subject my comment was moved to the appropriate catagory. Jackhall99 says he is not going to put me on ignore. I didn't think he would, did you?

Bottom line is I am a Corvette owner who traded in his 2009 C6 for a 2012 BMW Z4. I was unhappy with my Corvette. I am sure many of you will agree that $75,000 for a GS convertible is unreasonable and since I did not see the value in that car along with poor quality, I traded for a premium brand car. I have vented here and think I have made my point.

Forums are all alike. There are always a couple of members who get upset when somebody has a negative opinion of their brand of automobile. There are a great number of posts on this forum in regard to the poor quality of the Corvettes interior, NAV, creeking top, etc. Since I am more vocal, it was easy for them to jump on me. I have thick skin. I firmly believe two or three of these members are the real trools who monitor the forum and just can't wait to jump on posters who comments are not to their liking. They must have nothing else to do.

If I have something that I feel will be of interest to the majority (not you three) I will share it with my fellow open minded bloggers. If you have placed me on ignore you will not be bothered.

Have a good evening. Colorado Z4

Get notified of new replies

To I sue hope theyu ditch the crappy Bose systems

Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

... I don't consider my opinions or comments puke as suggested by JackHall99. ... Jackhall99 says he is not going to put me on ignore. ....
Look you troll, I’ll break my vow of ignoring you and respond one last time.

I, along with many other members on here, including SanDiegoBert, Jinx, LS1LT1, CRABBYJ, Qweklain, SCM_Crash, mitchydkid, rcallen484, TA, Aozora, m48xhp and many others have tired of your crap and told you so.

For God’s sake man, there has even been a request to the Forum Steering Comittee to get rid of you. Sadly, that won’t happen, but as Jinx posted a little earlier in this thread:

Originally Posted by Jinx
.... he's gone way beyond making any kind of reasonable point about Corvette. He is antagonistic and petty at every turn. It is ugly, childish behavior -- and now that people are learning not to play his game, he attempts the veneer of reason and calls others childish so that he can continue to provoke and avoid an outright ban. Please do not engage him.
Let's be honest, if this was a bar, we'd have picked him up and tossed him out by now, and confronted him physically dared he return. ...
You have no cred here. You obviously are too arrogant, ignorant and antagonistic to go away. However, I will not feed you any longer, and will report you whenever your posts cross any line.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Good evening fellow bloggers. I don't consider my opinions or comments puke (That makes one of you.) as suggested by JackHall99. I have commented on this forum in regard to the condition of my 2009 C6 and about the upcoming C6.4 Corvette. I have used no foul language. I have posted no cartoon images. I know of no forum rules I have broken. When I posted off subject my comment was moved to the appropriate catagory. Jackhall99 says he is not going to put me on ignore. I didn't think he would, did you?

Bottom line is I am a Corvette owner who traded in his 2009 C6 for a 2012 BMW Z4 (Except to be a Corvette owner you should 1st own a Corvette. You've traded your Vette so you no longer ARE a Corvette owner.). I was unhappy with my Corvette. I am sure many of you will agree that $75,000 for a GS convertible is unreasonable (Not in the slightest. The Corvette is the best bang for your buck car in the world on a performance level.) and since I did not see the value in that car along with poor quality, I traded for a premium brand car. I have vented here and think I have made my point. (So you traded your car for a "premium" brand car with statistically worse build quality. That makes plenty of sense.)

Forums are all alike. There are always a couple of members who get upset when somebody has a negative opinion of their brand of automobile. (There's a difference between a negative opinion and an agenda to make a car look bad. Based on your prior posts, your agenda is obvious. If you don't like Corvettes, go to another forum. Otherwise you're here only to troll.) There are a great number of posts on this forum in regard to the poor quality of the Corvettes interior, NAV, creeking top, etc. (As there are for every single car ever made. There's no perfect car. Your BMW is definitely no exception as I can easily find LOTS of complaints about it as well.) Since I am more vocal, it was easy for them to jump on me. (The nail that sticks out is the nail that gets hammered in. You're an obvious troll and you stuck out.) I have thick skin. (That's good. You're going to need it owning a BMW.) I firmly believe two or three of these members are the real trools who monitor the forum and just can't wait to jump on posters who comments are not to their liking. They must have nothing else to do. (Maybe. There's a lot of retired CAR guys that love CARS and are on this forum because they enjoy CARS as their hobby. Guys that would drive a 60's Vette because they're awesome and not complain that car doesn't have AC or that there's a weird sound somewhere.)

If I have something that I feel will be of interest to the majority (not you three) I will share it with my fellow open minded bloggers. If you have placed me on ignore you will not be bothered.

Have a good evening. Colorado Z4
Except that nobody is at all interested in what you have to say. There's nothing at all you can contribute to this forum that you haven't already said. And since you no longer OWN a Corvette, you can't have any new experiences with one. So therefore you're obsolete and totally unneeded to the community. I know this sounds harsh but you just repeat yourself over and over. We know about your supposed trouble with your car as it's been said by you in dozens of threads. If someone does a search for a creaky top, they'll see your post. No need to keep saying it and wasting our time. If you want to bash the Vette more, buy another one and find more flaws in it. In the mean time, you have no new information for us to care about.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Except that nobody is at all interested in what you have to say. There's nothing at all you can contribute to this forum that you haven't already said. And since you no longer OWN a Corvette, you can't have any new experiences with one. So therefore you're obsolete and totally unneeded to the community. I know this sounds harsh but you just repeat yourself over and over. We know about your supposed trouble with your car as it's been said by you in dozens of threads. If someone does a search for a creaky top, they'll see your post. No need to keep saying it and wasting our time. If you want to bash the Vette more, buy another one and find more flaws in it. In the mean time, you have no new information for us to care about.

Actually, the "old" information was rather uninteresting, as well.

Quick Reply: I sue hope theyu ditch the crappy Bose systems