C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much do you think the C7 will be aimed @ Chinese market?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:14 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

China is only a matter of time to me. Ten years from now we will be seeing a lot of Corvettes in China.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by BlueOx
China is only a matter of time to me. Ten years from now we will be seeing a lot of Corvettes in China.
So GM should consider the C8 for China?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:45 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
The Chinese are rich at the moment. They are buying anything and everything. But, in terms of cars, I do not see the Corvette being a success there. Sports cars are selling pretty well, but not near as well as sedans. Here in the States, success is often measured by the size of your SUV, or the sports car you drive. In China, success is measured almost completely in rear legroom. It seems strange to me, as I am sure it does to others as well. But car companies all over are making special models only for China that have extended wheelbases for more legroom. The sports cars are not selling terrible by any means, but the Chinese seem more attracted to the sedans as of now.
This is why there's a long wheelbase THREE SERIES for sale in China starting this year. Yes. BMW's former entry level car for the United States now comes in baby-limo in China. Because stupid.

Quick Reply: How much do you think the C7 will be aimed @ Chinese market?