Sponsored by:

Another Useless Poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:32 PM
SidTheKid
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Useless Poll

At this point I can't remember if GM has specifically stated that they want to target younger buyers with the C7, or if that is just the general feeling among forum posters. I'm curious to find out if the haters are (generally) older, the lovers are (generally) younger, or if the feelings are mixed across the board. So:

-How old are you?
-Do you like the (probable) look of the C7?

I am 41 years old, have never owned a Corvette before, but am really interested in buying one. I've been reading this forum for several months now, and I just don't understand all the hate. I think the new C7 looks fantastic, and it grows on me every time I look at the notorious rendering and/or video.

(And to those who say the car should generate love-at-first-sight: I truly understand where you're coming from. But I would argue that a lot of now-classic designs were controversial when first released. I was just at MotorTrend.com, and they have an interesting article comparing the Countach and the Testarosa. Neither of these was considered particularly "pretty" when first released -- the side treatment of the Testarosa was especially controversial -- but they are both now classics that truly represent the 80s.)

So with that...let the flaming begin!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:37 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,348 Likes on 1,994 Posts

I'm 31, similar situation as you, and I think the video car looks horrendous. It makes me yearn for the Jalopnik rendering, and I was not a big fan of that one.

I'm holding out hope that the actual car, when revealed in Detroit, will look better. A lot can get lost in translation with these renderings.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:01 PM
DarkKnight Z
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

24 and I'm definitely a potential buyer. I think it will look a lot better in person and once we get used to it, it will make the C6 look very dated.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:07 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I am 40 and if it looks like the video or the Jalopnik rendering, I won't buy it. I bought my 2003 new and I was more than happy with its looks.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

I am 32. Forget about the fancy animation, the video car is way beyond horrendous. The car in the Jalopnik drawings is 300 times nicer. I was not a fan of the Jalopnik car when I first saw the drawings, but I will admit that it's growing on me, especially since that video Monstrosity went live. I believe the jalopnik car will be a departure in design from what we may be used to seeing from GM, but I also believe it will be stunning once seen in person.

That said, will I like the C7 better than a C6 ZR1...If I had to bet based on what I have seen so far, I would say no. However, I am waiting to see the real C7 before I pull the trigger on a C6 ZR1.

Last edited by Paulchristian; 08-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Useless Poll

Quick Reply: Another Useless Poll