Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 is Ricer Styling

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:32 PM
458it
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason why people hate is not that the camaro and the new c7 have the similar tail light styles. The real reason is - they think the rear looks 2 UGLY. Personally me, i dont give a damn if its camaro tail lights or not, i just want it to look good. And im ok with the taillights, but the whole rear is too busy: i dont like the black plastic lookin' stuff under the rear fog lights.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM
billythekid310
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slow-v6
Thats the truth. The only thing that matters to me is what I think about the car. I always say what I have to say by 1st stating To me or in my opinion.

There is alot of negativity on here towards this car, and a lot of threads about the negative parts of the car. All the polls that people post there seems to be more people who have issues with the car then more people who absolutly love the car. Those are facts. Why is that do you think? Because we are all tool bags or what not? I have never called anyone on here a bad name or make fun of them because they post there opinion but yet when something negative is posted about the new Corvette we always get kicked in the face for it. Why? You could just say I dont think the car looks anything like a Ferrari or I dont think the rear resembles a Camaro at all. Instead you bash us for not liking a work of art! The C7 is a work of art and people will see what they see in it. That to is also a fact.
There is a difference between voicing your opinions and making claims about something that is completely false. Also opinions CAN be wrong.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

RICE is an acronym for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements.

What ever you think about the C7, the majority of those curves and vents are there for ACTUAL race car like performance, not just cosmetics.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:28 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Thats the truth. The only thing that matters to me is what I think about the car. I always say what I have to say by 1st stating To me or in my opinion.

There is alot of negativity on here towards this car, and a lot of threads about the negative parts of the car. All the polls that people post there seems to be more people who have issues with the car then more people who absolutly love the car. Those are facts.
I absolutely disagree with that statement. I respect everyones opinion, don't necessarily agree. But, all the polls I look at appear to be skewed quite a bit toward "I love it". Worst case, I'd say a poll might show 45% strongly positive, 20% somewhat positive, 20% neutral and the rest against. I've seen many polls on here, and I've voted in all of them that applied to me. I don't see a single one where a majority, or even a close split, is negative. More like 75% good, with more coming on board as they see different angles of the car, and better pics. Some of the pics are AWESOME, and I am not a fan of all the lines on the hood. But they are not nearly as noticeable if you don't look at the car from the angles that GM took all the marketing pics. The car WILL look better in person. I'd bet money on that. And no, I'm not thrilled with 100% of it. But, the exterior is only one small part of it, and it's growing on me really fast when I get more info on what's under the skin.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by I Bin Therbefor
IMO, the C7 is a product of the Ricer Styling School of Design. Those comparing the C7 to the coming NSX are correct in chosing those two cars for compairson - they both are products of the Ricer Styling School of Design. That means the C7 styling is current and relevant to those raised on computer games with limited graphic capability whose limitations determined how oblects were represented. That may or may not appeal to those who currently have sufficient wealth buy a Corvette. That also means that within three years the C7 will look dated to that audiance as those people expect a major upgrade in looks as that's what computer games do - make a major upgrade in looks every three years. That upgrade usually takes the form of making the objects look more realistic.
If I'm right, the C7 should have an initial appeal to an audiance that is going to want an upgrade in three years to a more realistic style - whatever more realistic means.
IMO there is nothing lasting about the C7 Ricer styling, nothing that deserves the label Stingray, nothing that people will look back upon as having set a new styling trend. Although the C7 styling may well have set a new expectation of three year production runs from the styling pint of view.
are you sure you know what ricer is all about. I looked at that car closely and there is no ricer in it??
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
I absolutely disagree with that statement. I respect everyones opinion, don't necessarily agree. But, all the polls I look at appear to be skewed quite a bit toward "I love it". Worst case, I'd say a poll might show 45% strongly positive, 20% somewhat positive, 20% neutral and the rest against. I've seen many polls on here, and I've voted in all of them that applied to me. I don't see a single one where a majority, or even a close split, is negative. More like 75% good, with more coming on board as they see different angles of the car, and better pics. Some of the pics are AWESOME, and I am not a fan of all the lines on the hood. But they are not nearly as noticeable if you don't look at the car from the angles that GM took all the marketing pics. The car WILL look better in person. I'd bet money on that. And no, I'm not thrilled with 100% of it. But, the exterior is only one small part of it, and it's growing on me really fast when I get more info on what's under the skin.

I have no idea where he was coming from. All of the polls that have come out since Sunday, have shown a majority being very positive about the C7.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife

I have no idea where he was coming from. All of the polls that have come out since Sunday, have shown a majority being very positive about the C7.

I didnt say that the polls showed more people hate the car then love it I said the polls that I have seen there seems to be more people who have issues with some portion of the car then people who absolutly love it. Issues is negative feedback on the car. There is alot of it out there. A lot of people can overlook those issues and see the overall car as a whole but to a good portion of people ( like myself)I cant buy a car that I am not completly satisfied with.

I bought my 02 WS6 because it looks great from all angles, is fast , and to me is comfortable. I bought my C5 for the same reasons. The C7 will perform great, is probably comfy but to me doesnt look that good from behind. My wife hates the new Vette. I dont hate it I just think they could have done better with the rear. In order for me to buy a car that is 60k I need to love it and so does my wife.

Who knows maybe I will love it when I see it in person but maybe those who love it from pictures will not love it when they see it in person?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

I didnt say that the polls showed more people hate the car then love it I said the polls that I have seen there seems to be more people who have issues with some portion of the car then people who absolutly love it. Issues is negative feedback on the car. There is alot of it out there. A lot of people can overlook those issues and see the overall car as a whole but to a good portion of people ( like myself)I cant buy a car that I am not completly satisfied with.

I bought my 02 WS6 because it looks great from all angles, is fast , and to me is comfortable. I bought my C5 for the same reasons. The C7 will perform great, is probably comfy but to me doesnt look that good from behind. My wife hates the new Vette. I dont hate it I just think they could have done better with the rear. In order for me to buy a car that is 60k I need to love it and so does my wife.

Who knows maybe I will love it when I see it in person but maybe those who love it from pictures will not love it when they see it in person?
You don't think the front of the C6 didn't get it's share of haters? Every single Corvette(even the '63 split window!), had it's share of haters over SOMETHING. It's like, people on here have no concept of history and think their negative opinions are what everyone else shares, and that's all that matters. Even though they end up being the vocal minority. Every. Single. Time.

Please at least wait until you see these cars on the road in person before crying about how you hate something about it...
Old 01-17-2013, 10:01 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

You don't think the front of the C6 didn't get it's share of haters? Every single Corvette(even the '63 split window!), had it's share of haters over SOMETHING. It's like, people on here have no concept of history and think their negative opinions are what everyone else shares, and that's all that matters. Even though they end up being the vocal minority. Every. Single. Time.

Please at least wait until you see these cars on the road in person before crying about how you hate something about it...

I thought The split window vettes were hated so much that GM Dropped the split window design and went with a full window? Now they are very sought after the split windows.. So appearantly Gm does listen to the Majority and will make changes on the fly!

When I 1st saw the pictures of the C6 I didnt like the front but after an hour or so I grew to like it based off of the pics. When the C5 came out I loved it right away. Those are the only 2 generations I was alive or old enough to see reveal. This C7 was revealed sunday and now its Thurs and I still dont like it enough to want to own one. I hope it will change when I see it in person...

Another poll I just looked at had 1010 votes and 459 votes said they loved the car and the rest said there were some issues with it or hated it. 459 Positive votes and the rest had some negativity towards it.

Like I said before there is a lot of negativity towards this car. The Majority dont love it completely from the pictures or videos of it. I am part of that Majority and really wish I was part of the minority!

Last edited by slow-v6; 01-17-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

I thought The split window vettes were hated so much that GM Dropped the split window design and went with a full window? Now they are very sought after the split windows.. So appearantly Gm does listen to the Majority and will make changes on the fly!

When I 1st saw the pictures of the C6 I didnt like the front but after an hour or so I grew to like it based off of the pics. When the C5 came out I loved it right away. Those are the only 2 generations I was alive or old enough to see reveal. This C7 was revealed sunday and now its Thurs and I still dont like it enough to want to own one. I hope it will change when I see it in person...

Another poll I just looked at had 1010 votes and 425 votes said they loved the car and the rest said there were some issues with it or hated it. 425 Positive votes and the rest had some negativity towards it.

Like I said before there is a lot of negativity towards this car. The Majority dont love it completely from the pictures or videos of it. I am part of that Majority and really wish I was part of the minority!
And 100% of the posters in here who have seen the car in person, LOVE it.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by vetluvr
Because Obama stole it from us!
Ok, look at it this way. If GM had been allowed to fail, there wouldn't be a next gen Corvette.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

And 100% of the posters in here who have seen the car in person, LOVE it.

Thats a shame were as the last 2 gens of Vettes I didnt have to see it in person to love it! This one I might have to. That in its self worries me.

Also if you read those threads of people who have seen it in person they still have some Negativity towards the car and dont completly love it. I have seen a bunch of them say the rear looks better in person but the front headlights look like crap! I wasnt excpecting that. From the pics the front looks good to me and the back is my issue.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

I still don't care for the base model C6, as do others(and why they still have their C5's). You will NEVER please everyone. What's important, is that more people like the C7 enough to buy it...
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

And I don't know where you are coming from. I just voted in the other thread by Vette Nut and 45% of votes were in the positive category, 26% in the two negative categories and the rest ~28% in the neutral categories like "I need to see it".

45% is not a majority. Majority was either neutral or negative.

Let the C7 stand or fall on it's own four wheels. No need to be a political spinmeister.

I'm neutral, but your propaganda prompted me to comment. I'm not anti-C7, I'm anti spin.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TWS Racing
And I don't know where you are coming from. I just voted in the other thread by Vette Nut and 45% of votes were in the positive category, 26% in the two negative categories and the rest ~28% in the neutral categories like "I need to see it".

Let the C7 stand or fall on it's own four wheels. No need to be a political spinmeister.

I'm neutral, but your propaganda prompted me to comment. I'm not anti-C7, I'm anti spin.
Finnally someone who is seeing **** logically.. I think I voted in the have to see it in person because I dont like the look of it in pictures. Get ready people are gonna start bashing you for posting up the facts!!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
RICE is an acronym for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements.

What ever you think about the C7, the majority of those curves and vents are there for ACTUAL race car like performance, not just cosmetics.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 is Ricer Styling

Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member

Thats a shame were as the last 2 gens of Vettes I didnt have to see it in person to love it! This one I might have to. That in its self worries me.

Also if you read those threads of people who have seen it in person they still have some Negativity towards the car and dont completly love it. I have seen a bunch of them say the rear looks better in person but the front headlights look like crap! I wasnt excpecting that. From the pics the front looks good to me and the back is my issue.
There are a lot of women with similar issues. Either great headlights and too much junk in the trunk or, exactly the opposite!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Actually I agree with Justin. Only 6% can be considered in the 'negative' category.
Overwhelmingly people like the car.

'They could have done better' and 'I hope it grows on me' can be taken either way.
There are things I don't like about even Ferarri and a few things I have reservations on with the new c7 such as the spoiler, lack of the 8sp auto we expected, and rear diffuser But I still love it.

Last edited by Aozora; 01-17-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Actually, just under 52% are in the positive category. Just under 22% are neutral until they see it. 26%, just over 1/4 are negative in some fashion.

Who's really spinning what here?

Quick Reply: C7 is Ricer Styling