C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Tadge I Just Picked Up My Obsolete 2013 Convertible Yesterday And....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
Right, and now, all of the sudden, BOOM. Got some news for you, none of the technologies Tadge brags about are ground breaking, C7 would be ground breaking three or four years ago, MAYBE I would not use that performance as excuse, if this is the case, C7 still should not be here...
So what ground breaking technology was introduced in the 991? The Viper? Maybe there is but I'm not aware of it. Improvements across the platform to make better overall cars is what I see.

New generations of cars are meant to improve on the last and place the car in their market in a manner that is competitive in its segment... how has that not been achieved (on paper anyway)?

My point Peter is your expectations and perspective seem influenced by a hate on for GM and a specific hate on for the C7. What is problematic about that is that it means people don't take you are seriously or discount what you are saying because they are tired of the rhetoric and that is unfortunate because you have lots of meaningful things to say. You joked in another thread about being happy that folks put you on their ignore lists but, to me, that is sad because people who have technical knowledge and value to add (which I believe you do) should be respected and their opinions sought after rather than being top ignore list candidates. Just saying.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:39 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
So what ground breaking technology was introduced in the 991? The Viper? Maybe there is but I'm not aware of it. Improvements across the platform to make better overall cars is what I see.

New generations of cars are meant to improve on the last and place the car in their market in a manner that is competitive in its segment... how has that not been achieved (on paper anyway)?

My point Peter is your expectations and perspective seem influenced by a hate on for GM and a specific hate on for the C7. What is problematic about that is that it means people don't take you are seriously or discount what you are saying because they are tired of the rhetoric and that is unfortunate because you have lots of meaningful things to say. You joked in another thread about being happy that folks put you on their ignore lists but, to me, that is sad because people who have technical knowledge and value to add (which I believe you do) should be respected and their opinions sought after rather than being top ignore list candidates. Just saying.
Variable valve timing has been on Viper since 2008, same for heat extractors, how about Vette? I am not hating, I think logically instead of staying high on marketing smoke. No, I was serious about applauding being ignore list favorite, it is a revealing response all on its own, not to mention it simlifies life greatly.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:52 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Variable valve timing has been on Viper since 2008, same for heat extractors, how about Vette? I am not hating, I think logically instead of staying high on marketing smoke. No, I was serious about applauding being ignore list favorite, it is a revealing response all on its own, not to mention it simlifies life greatly.
Were they on the Viper in 2011 or 2012?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Were they on the Viper in 2011 or 2012?
Clown shoes belong firmly on your feet. Were they on Corvette in 2011 and 2012? Oh wow, they will not be there until 2014 MY but somehow they are on 2013 Viper.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:12 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal

Furthermore the contradictory statements are bothersome. He beats on Tadge for saying the C6 is now obsolete, and in the next sentence says that the Corvette is years behind the competition. It seems to me the the C6 is still breaking records that the competition can't match. And some times technology for the sake of technology is not beneficial. Such as DOHC. It's the overall package that produces the extraordinary results that is achieved by the Corvette team.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by robvuk

Furthermore the contradictory statements are bothersome. He beats on Tadge for saying the C6 is now obsolete, and in the next sentence says that the Corvette is years behind the competition. It seems to me the the C6 is still breaking records that the competition can't match. And some times technology for the sake of technology is not beneficial. Such as DOHC. It's the overall package that produces the extraordinary results that is achieved by the Corvette team.
Your lack of logic makes me extremely dizzy. Maybe C7 should have waited a few more years? According to you, considering the CURRENT vette's winning streak, the "new" technology is being introduced to Corvette for technology's sake. You know how it goes with looking thin? You hang out with fat people, the fatter they are, the skinnier you look and feel
Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Your lack of logic makes me extremely dizzy. Maybe C7 should have waited a few more years? According to you, considering the CURRENT vette's winning streak, the "new" technology is being introduced to Corvette for technology's sake. You know how it goes with looking thin? You hang out with fat people, the fatter they are, the skinnier you look and feel
Do you not understand the word hypocrisy? Now I see where you're coming from.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:33 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Do you not understand the word hypocrisy? Now I see where you're coming from.
If I ever forget, all I have to do is read posts from people like you
Old 03-23-2013, 01:38 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

If I ever forget, all I have to do is read posts from people like you
Good. Then there's hope you will become a more educated and logical person here..
Old 03-23-2013, 01:39 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Good. Then there's hope you will become a more educated and logical person here..
Too meet the requirements around here, I would have to lobotomize myself, I think I'll pass
Old 03-23-2013, 01:51 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Old 03-23-2013, 01:52 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Clown shoes belong firmly on your feet. Were they on Corvette in 2011 and 2012? Oh wow, they will not be there until 2014 MY but somehow they are on 2013 Viper.
Not my feet...
Old 03-23-2013, 02:40 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,445 Likes on 2,271 Posts

OP - congrats on the new vette.

The C6 is still a very good sports car, and folks that want one can probably get some smoking hot deals in the next few months. Can get quite a bit of sports car for less money, with full warranty.

Enjoy the new ride.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

This thread has no purpose, and I don't think the hostility towards the Corvette Chief Engineer is appropriate.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:02 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,445 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A
This thread has no purpose, and I don't think the hostility towards the Corvette Chief Engineer is appropriate.
I'm one of those guys who believe Tadge is a good guy, who will be a champion for improving Corvette.
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Not my feet...
Understood, you would need bigger feet
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
OP - congrats on the new vette.

The C6 is still a very good sports car, and folks that want one can probably get some smoking hot deals in the next few months. Can get quite a bit of sports car for less money, with full warranty.

Enjoy the new ride.

Enjoy your new Vette.

Quick Reply: So Tadge I Just Picked Up My Obsolete 2013 Convertible Yesterday And....