Sponsored by:

A hypothetical

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 PM
CJJ
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueOx
That tells me all I need to know about you.
Lol +1
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Chevy did go reto with the C7 name, Stingray. I think they will go retro with the C7 Z06, looks like they are bringing back the L88 name for it.
Corvettes have alway moved forward and I am glad to see they did not go retro with the C7
Old 05-12-2013, 10:45 PM
iVTECdailyy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by volvos80
If you allow a person never having even thought about getting a US car I have been inspired by the new C7 as a sporty looking, high technology and affordable fun sports car. Any of the older versions never caught my fancy until I happened to see a magazine article about the new C7. I will buy one for sure as my very first US made car. That aught to say something about appeal to new buyers.
I cannot agree with you more. I liked vettes when I was a kid (5-8 years old) because I would always choose them in video games. Growing up I was always into foreign cars (probably vowed to never buy an american car).

Upon seeing the C7 during the reveal, I was in shock. My love for the corvette was back and it will be my first purchase after medical school.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

C7 looks better than the C2.

Hell the C6 looks better than a C2.

The C2 looked great for its time, but there is no way I would want to own and daily drive anything that looks like it. The retro stuff has come and gone. Even Ford is finally letting the Mustang "retro" look go.. and starting from a blank slate. About time.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 AM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Agreed the retro ship has sailed. Keep move forward with modernizing Corvette!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:54 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by AORoads
No, I would not.

And, not to argue the point, but no, the C2 is not the undisputed design of all time, and I owned (and loved) one.

Everything changes, and evolves. There is a time for everything. That was then.

As someone who has grown up loving every generation of the Corvette, I for one don't want to see GM go back and try to recreate the past with retro looks. I was 10 years old when the '53 Vett was introduced and waited with anticipation yearly for either a new series or even just mid cycle updates. GM never failed to excite me with each new Corvette.

The one thing I can say is that the Corvette Teams have always moved the Corvette forward and kept it fresh in successive designs. However, I will say that some generations were a little long in years before the next generation but tend to blame that on US and GM economies of the times.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

That tells me all I need to know about you.
Was that necessary? What a low life you truly are!

Originally Posted by CJJ
playing nicely.
well done.

c2 is soo hot.

i would buy one someday if it had modern options.. Hell yea. better gass, electronics, safety. speed. I would deffinitly check it out.
Talking out of both sides of your mouth again I see!

Originally Posted by CJJ
Lol +1
As shown here! You guys really have issues, get some help! Or is this the way you get your jollies? You both have some serious social disorders that should be addressed, probably have no friends and your co-workers can't stand either of you!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:43 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Was that necessary? What a low life you truly are!
Low life, huh? I'm the one who showed you where you can pick up one of those abominations. BTW, what it told me I kept to myself.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Low life, huh? I'm the one who showed you where you can pick up one of those abominations. BTW, what it told me I kept to myself.
Yes you showed me then you very coyly got in your dig, and for no provoked reason whatsoever! Why do you always feel the need to start controversy, the reason for the thread was to inquire about retro.

Point being a modern car with a C2 modified appearance would knock it out of the park. Now go ahead and tell the world what the mighty OX thinks of Big Dan.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:23 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Yes you showed me then you very coyly got in your dig, and for no provoked reason whatsoever! Why do you always feel the need to start controversy, the reason for the thread was to inquire about retro.

Point being a modern car with a C2 modified appearance would knock it out of the park. Now go ahead and tell the world what the mighty OX thinks of Big Dan.
You brought this retro crap up and you got an opinion. In fact you got a lot of opinions. Deal with it.
if the new C7 had all its modern tech, chassis, suspension, interior etc. in what would be a modernized C2 body to meet safety standards how many would be even more enthused about the new car.

Last edited by BlueOx; 05-13-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

You brought this retro crap up and you got an opinion. In fact you got a lot of opinions. Deal with it.
I can deal with the opinions, what I can't deal with is some internet keyboard jockey throwing jabs my way for NO FU#$%NG reason. Get over your high and mighty self and leave the thread.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

I can deal with the opinions, what I can't deal with is some internet keyboard jockey throwing jabs my way for NO FU#$%NG reason. Get over your high and mighty self and leave the thread.
You make a huge assumption that everyone loving C2s will automatically translate to everyone wanting a retro C2 version of the C7 and you were roundly told NO. If you can't handle it, I suggest you stop asking people's opinions in a CF forum, which is full of internet keyboard jockeys () like yourself, giving you the opinions you are asking for.

Who is the H&M guy here?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,046 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by AORoads
No, I would not.

And, not to argue the point, but no, the C2 is not the undisputed design of all time, and I owned (and loved) one.

Everything changes, and evolves. There is a time for everything. That was then.

We too owned and loved a C2 (1967 vert w/hardtop, small block).
It looked great but the aerodynamics were horrible.
Luggage had to be put in behind the seats.

IMHO, the C6 looks better. Not so sure about the C7, since I've seen only pictures.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
C2 is a horror story in the aero dept and would lose every race it ever entered. Wonder how that C2 body design does at 200mph vs the competition...hmmm? You aren't going to compete in market of modern supercars with an old hoopty.

The retro movement was a mistake as is, but everyone was doing it, so for a period of time, it worked. The people with money to spend wanted that...so they got it. The market has changed...we all know what happened in the 60's, now those of use who weren't alive then got to watch those guys relive their high school days by buying new versions.....can we all move on now? How about we do something....NEW...scary word...NEW!

You're young. I'm old . But I agree with you 100%

I've owned a number of big block 66 and 67s. I liked them in spite of the bad aero. But now they look kind of silly to me

Last edited by ZL-1; 05-13-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:24 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
C2 is a horror story in the aero dept and would lose every race it ever entered. Wonder how that C2 body design does at 200mph vs the competition...hmmm? You aren't going to compete in market of modern supercars with an old hoopty.

The retro movement was a mistake as is, but everyone was doing it, so for a period of time, it worked. The people with money to spend wanted that...so they got it. The market has changed...we all know what happened in the 60's, now those of use who weren't alive then got to watch those guys relive their high school days by buying new versions.....can we all move on now? How about we do something....NEW...scary word...NEW!
Agree about the aero; my C2 is scary/front end light at 120 mph+, but - ya might wanna revisit your statement about race losses. That's just plain ignorant. Maybe ya shoulda been alive then to know what you're talking about!

Sounds like maybe your high school days were the period when there wasn't much to get excited about in the automotive world? Sorry about that, junior, but you know the saying - "timing is everything"!

Retro movement was a "mistake"? Tell that to Ford/Mustang, Chevy/ Camaro, Dodge/Charger/Challerger, and oh yeah, VW/Beetle 2 and 3. I think they all have been profitable, no?

Hell, I don't like them all myself, but just because you are too young to appreciate them doesn't mean they are a "mistake". There's a bigger market out there than just you!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by volvos80
If you allow a person never having even thought about getting a US car I have been inspired by the new C7 as a sporty looking, high technology and affordable fun sports car. Any of the older versions never caught my fancy until I happened to see a magazine article about the new C7. I will buy one for sure as my very first US made car. That aught to say something about appeal to new buyers.
See below...............

Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Nice post Tux! And in reality the C2 aero (body reference here) probably would not be that bad with a modern day stance, full length splitter, diffuser etc. The old car had suspension that would float in part because of the aero but I'm sure also due to how antiquated it is in comparison to what we've all become accustomed to. Frankly the C2 body in appearance looks very aero, especially coming from a time when most cars were square blocks.

Simply put IMO a tweaked C2 body on a everything else modern set up would sell better than a C7, the few dozen people on here who feel differently are fly specs in the big picture.

Get notified of new replies

To A hypothetical

Old 05-13-2013, 01:28 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry Bro, Aint no C2 the best looking Vette. Not even close
Old 05-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

No need to be sorry Bro, it's the old blondes/redheads/brunettes thing!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:51 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

... a tweaked C2 body on a everything else modern set up would sell better than a C7 to a few dozen people on here.

Fixed it for ya

Quick Reply: A hypothetical