Sponsored by:

Allocation Explanation Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:07 PM
larasea
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Allocation Explanation Please

I have a deposit with a dealer who has been allocation 9 Corvettes; 5 coupes and 4 convertibles. I'm number 4 on this list and the dealer has ordered 2 at this point. Any idea when the second round of allocations will be granted and or when I may get to order?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,147 Likes on 6,200 Posts

Originally Posted by MKenM
If you have a deposit with a dealer did you not tell him what your selections are and sign a sales order yet? Many dealers are taking orders and you can go to one of GM's web sites to get an idea of cars to be produced. If his allotment is 9 over what period of time is that?
The only allocation information that dealers have been given so far is their allocation for the next 6-9 months. So that is 5 coupes/4 verts over 6-9 months.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,147 Likes on 6,200 Posts

Originally Posted by larasea
I have a deposit with a dealer who has been allocation 9 Corvettes; 5 coupes and 4 convertibles. I'm number 4 on this list and the dealer has ordered 2 at this point. Any idea when the second round of allocations will be granted and or when I may get to order?
The question at this point is when is the next consensus cycle (when dealers will be notified how many cars they are getting for that consensus). Normally consensus occurs twice per month. However, with the C7 rollout, there was one consensus in late May and the next one is not until early July. That is the earliest time that you dealer could possibly get another C7 allotted to them (but I consider this unlikely given his total allocation and the number of months that is to cover).
Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 PM
MKenM
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 126 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18,'21

If you have a deposit with a dealer did you not tell him what your selections are and sign a sales order yet? Many dealers are taking orders and you can go to one of GM's web sites to get an idea of cars to be produced. If his allotment is 9 over what period of time is that?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 PM
larasea
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My salesman told me that the dealer gets notified of allocations on a Thursday and I will then have until the following Tuesday to sit down with him and place the order. This dealer does not complete orders until they are notified by computer on the number of approved cars for the next allocation.

I don't know what time frame on the 9 allocations
Old 06-25-2013, 10:20 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

No one can answer your question with certainty. Much of what is to come is still fluid, time wise . . . .
Old 06-26-2013, 07:13 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,128 Likes on 730 Posts

My salesman told me that the dealer gets notified of allocations on a Thursday and I will then have until the following Tuesday to sit down with him and place the order. This dealer does not complete orders until they are notified by computer on the number of approved cars for the next allocation.

That is how it has worked in the past. Don't know for sure how it will go in the future. Past allocations were awarded on a weekly basis. When a dealer gets allocations in a given week, it is use it or lose it time for the dealer. Unused allocations get redistributed to those that want to place orders in that time frame.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 AM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

A few items here. First, to the best of my knowledge, the next round of consensus (where the dealer are offered allocations) will be July 4th through the 8th. This could change and I will find out for sure on the 3rd.

Any allocations gained on this consensus would then be divided up by Chevrolet and the dealers would build the cars in one of the next two weeks.

The weekly build runs from Thursday to Saturday. The dealers then have a second opportunity to make any changes on the following Tuesday. So, if everything holds, it would open up on the 11th and 18th.

Now, the final question is, will your dealer get an allocation on the 4th? Since he is getting 5 coupes in the first 6-9 months, and he has already built two, well you can do the math on that one.

Get notified of new replies

To Allocation Explanation Please

Quick Reply: Allocation Explanation Please