Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 07:28 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately, if you look around any city in the USA - it's not just the old men who are fat. It's an epidemic of obesity and I doubt those images will affect Corvette sales, unless one is too fat to get inside.
Heck - it's obvious today that a LOT of people are proud of their overgrown stomachs...

I'm sure advertisements for Corvette won't have any fat guys...haha
Old 06-30-2013, 07:34 PM
gbjerke
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 20 Posts

A thread full of humor but I am also one of the old farts and will be selling my C6 and picking up a C7. A lot of us types have gone thru raising a family, putting them thru college and retiring. Me thinks I deserve some "past" mid life crisis fun! While I am a real fiscal conservative, my time is limited so don't give a damn. Best of all, my kids all say "go for it". I figure it is not costing me anything as I am just spending part of their inheritance. Beer belly? Yup, got one of those. Six Pack?? Yup, got one of those also but it is hidden by the beer belly. Cheers all.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Premmer
Ya, I noticed and they probably have wallets that match their bellies.
Great observation!
Seriously, you need the financial rewards of seniority in this economy to afford a plus $60K toy! For many of us, the C7 may be the last generation of Corvette that we will purchase.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:41 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by gbjerke
A thread full of humor but I am also one of the old farts and will be selling my C6 and picking up a C7. A lot of us types have gone thru raising a family, putting them thru college and retiring. Me thinks I deserve some "past" mid life crisis fun! While I am a real fiscal conservative, my time is limited so don't give a damn. Best of all, my kids all say "go for it". I figure it is not costing me anything as I am just spending part of their inheritance. Beer belly? Yup, got one of those. Six Pack?? Yup, got one of those also but it is hidden by the beer belly. Cheers all.
haven't made it to retiring quite yet.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Haha I'm glad we can all have fun with this thread. To anyone I may have insulted, my honest apologies as that wasn't my intent. Like I said earlier, the older crowd has kept corvette going all these years and has made it the success it is today. Just thought it would be cool to have a few guys my age thrown into the mix as well cause we are out there. If anything at all though, hot girls posing with this car is a must have.I think we all will be in favor of that!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:22 PM
LouB57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSTEVEGS
Unfortunately, if you look around any city in the USA - it's not just the old men who are fat. It's an epidemic of obesity and I doubt those images will affect Corvette sales, unless one is too fat to get inside.
Heck - it's obvious today that a LOT of people are proud of their overgrown stomachs...

I'm sure advertisements for Corvette won't have any fat guys...haha
This is very true; As I am a bit of an exception, 56 , but very much in shape (into extreme workouts), have all my hair, and I would say at least 2/3 of the guys around me 20 years my junior look 'far worse'.

Me thinks the cars appeal has nothing to do with age or gut size, but the enthusiasm of the person for an exception automobile.

Otherwise, go buy a Prius, or Accord.

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Anyway, as one of the aforementioned 'old guys', a C7 is going to look pretty good wrapped around me
Old 06-30-2013, 08:26 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Why all the surprise that older men (and women) will be buying the C7. Does anyone think 25 year old college grads can afford them? Hey, this isn't 1970 when you graduated with a Chemistry or engineering degree and within 3 years you're annual salary is twice what a new Vette cost.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:37 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
Anyone else notice in most of the new pics going around you see this remarkable new Corvette, and a bunch of out of shape old guys spoiling the photos?

Take it to the bank: Without us generously sized & handsome, more seasoned & experienced men - there would be no Corvette.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:44 PM
usroute66 MKW
Pro

Originally Posted by harry2
Great observation!
Seriously.....! For many of us, the C7 may be the last generation of Corvette that we will purchase.
That is what has Corvette senior management awake sweating at night because they know the GM bean counters know that, too.

The vast majority of the Corvette manangement team and loyal Corvette buyers are still the ones who grew up influenced by Tod and Buz on TV of the boundless, booming world - dominant American time that is long past. But as they are all now late 50 s to early 70s, I hope the model doesn 't suffer the Olds Cutless syndrome and fate which occurred 20 yrs ago.

Last edited by usroute66 MKW; 06-30-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Well, the GF can't wait to be photographed in front of mine when it finally shows up.

So hurry up Chevy! Her and your fans are waiting.
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2013, 08:58 PM
JudgeNjury
Burning Brakes

Edit: sin city you made my point and btw...she's hot! Enjoy..

You guys forget....once you own a corvette....it's pretty much a done deal you are hooked and continue to buy.....and that's the reason you see retired older gentleman at the reveals...younger guys who buy corvettes don't have the time to go to the reveals....

As more and more new buyers buy a corvette....they too will one day get older then possibly retire as they continue to buy new generation corvettes and may even end up with the free time to go to the reveals...

30 and 40 something's will continue for the most part to start their lifelong love affair with each new generation corvette

Last edited by JudgeNjury; 06-30-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:00 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

We're just going to have to make sure all us young and in-shape guys keep the balance of old/fat and young/in-shape Corvette owners even!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:01 PM
MudZ06
Racer

lol. was going to say something but didn't want to offend the fanboys... err.. fangramps..
Old 06-30-2013, 09:03 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Take it to the bank: Without us generously sized & handsome, more seasoned & experienced men - there would be no Corvette.
Hey, I'm one of them....I have 'Old Guys Rule' signs all over my garage. ...just thought we could use a little humor during this dragged out wait Looking forward to the months when we can compare our rides and start talking mods, aftermarket wheels, public reactions, ad nauseum.... Til then, all our energy is piling up and busts out once in a while..
Old 06-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I resent that! ... I'm not fat, and I own a Corvette!

Old 06-30-2013, 09:25 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bill-sj
FWIW - I was in the drive thru at jack in the box last night in my C6 and the young guy working the cash register (about 20) asked if i had seen the new stingray. he said it was awesome inside and out.

he didn't bring up the rear lights or the g** damn A pillar. he sounded more excited than me about it (and I am excited!). does that mean he will buy one next year? probably not with his jack in the box salary.

HOWEVER, the C7 will inspire the younger generation and in time they will get one (C7/C8).

also, when they hit the dealers, there will plenty of kids drooling over them, just like i did as a kid (now 44).
I coach High School Ice Hockey and all my Varsity kids think the new C7 is "Bad ***". I think the younger generation is going to love this car!!! Can't wait to pull up to the rink with my new wheels in September!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS Turbo6TA...that is a classic picture!!! I almost pis#ed myself laughing. I have to admit the humor on CF is much better than my Mercedes Forum.

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 06-30-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7

PS Turbo6TA ... that is a classic picture!!! I almost pis#ed myself laughing. I have to admit the humor on CF is much better than my Mercedes Forum.

BTW ... Glad you like our board!

Get notified of new replies

To Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL

Old 06-30-2013, 09:39 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Default Nutin to be proud of that belly of yours

This is a public service announcement brought you by the concerned members of the CF forum. The more you know....

From USA Today:

They [Doctors] have discovered that people with wide girths are
more likely to have large amounts of deep-hidden belly fat around
their organs. It might be the most dangerous kind of fat and could
increase a person's risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke and some
types of cancer.

This fat, which is called visceral or intra-abdominal fat, is linked to
high cholesterol, high insulin, high triglycerides, high blood pressure
and other problems. Researchers are investigating whether visceral
fat secretes more inflammatory molecules that are linked to diseases
than other types of fat.

Last edited by User 2623; 06-30-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:50 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

20-odd years ago when I was in the PhD program (Pizza hut Delivery) and listening to a call-in astrology show late one night, most of the callers were women wanting dating advice. ("What do you see for my next boyfriend?" "Oh, he'll have long blond hair." "um, I only date black guys." "Well switch!") But one middle age dude called, wondering why he wasn't more romantically successful. "I don't understand--I make a good living, I'm a nice guy, I'm good-looking, I drive a Corvette ..." "Wait, are you sure you're good-looking? Cause I've never once seen a good-looking guy get out of a Corvette." Truly this was a psychic.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:56 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewelle
This is a public service announcement brought you by the concerned members of the CF forum. The more you know....

Well Thank You Dr. Oz . . . . .

Quick Reply: Beautiful new car and old men with belly fat...LOL