Sponsored by:

THIS SATURDAY at Coughlin in Ohio!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:20 AM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,340 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmayhem
can anyone confirm if multiple c 7's will be at the show? It's a nice day for a ride.
stingray corvettes on display, cyber grey, limerock green, nightrace blue, torch red & more!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are the pictures ?
Old 09-14-2013, 10:26 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Old 09-14-2013, 01:37 PM
onthebottom
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just came from the show, no C7s, had the frame with wheels, one seat, bit of bodywork....
Old 09-14-2013, 10:19 PM
markinDayton
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe they showed up later, but I didn't see them either. A bit of a disappointment but not the end of the world.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:47 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Was anybody there later to see if they did finally show up? I've only seen lime rock green on a cloudy day but I'm told it really pops in the sun. Was hoping for some better pics.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:56 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I left there at noon.

When I asked I was told "the cars were supposed to be here yesterday based on what GM told the customers and us".

Should arrive later today.

Nice show, lot's of nice Vettes but I didn't drive 2 1/4 hours to see C6's.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:48 AM
TurrizT
Racer

I went to the event around 2pm or so and saw Rick while I was there. I think the vehicles were supposed to come from the plant, but they weren't able to make it. Sad for me since I have yet to see one in person but yea, not the end of the world.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:57 AM
markinDayton
3rd Gear

Unfortunate. Job #1 of this show for me was to see the C7 in person. I guess the weather was just too excellent.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:37 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

What a shame the C7's did not make it - that was like the Main Feature of the show. I was seriously thinking of making the 600 mile round trip drive, but other circumstances intervened. I was disappointed Friday, but in the end I was actually fortunate.

I'm thinking Rick must be really bummed . . . . . . . .
Old 09-15-2013, 09:59 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
What a shame the C7's did not make it - that was like the Main Feature of the show. I was seriously thinking of making the 600 mile round trip drive, but other circumstances intervened. I was disappointed Friday, but in the end I was actually fortunate.

I would think he would be a bit embarassed. IMO he should not have planned this unless he had an iron clad guarantee that the cars would be there. I don't think the folks that drove there from miles away would be too pleased. I hope he takes the opportunity to apologize on the forum.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:46 AM
MDK9950
Pro

Received 339 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech

I was planning on attending to see the C7's too. To buy mine I have to sell my 4,300 mile '03 50th Anniversary Vert, the 1 toy rule. I sold it last weekend and pick up day was Saturday. The guy showed up late and spent several hours doing paperwork and inspecting the car (which he did last time too). When he was done it was lunch time and 3 hour drive would have put me at the end of the show. Was really bumbed out to miss it but now feel fortunate twist of fate.

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
I would think he would be a bit embarassed. IMO he should not have planned this unless he had an iron clad guarantee that the cars would be there. I don't think the folks that drove there from miles away would be too pleased. I hope he takes the opportunity to apologize on the forum.
Another point, Rick to me seems to be a really good guy and has contributed a lot to the Corvette community, especially with his accurate information. There is no way I would believe he would advertise multiple C7s would be at the show if he was not 100% sure they would be there. I have seen a post suggesting he apologize. Sorry I disagree, not his fault. Someone at GM who told him they would be there and Rick was banking on that, imagine how Rick must feel after a lot of hard work putting this event together. I think he is owed the benefit of doubt.....

Last edited by MDK9950; 09-15-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:11 PM
isdnews
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MDK9950
I was planning on attending to see the C7's too. To buy mine I have to sell my 4,300 mile '03 50th Anniversary Vert, the 1 toy rule. I sold it last weekend and pick up day was Saturday. The guy showed up late and spent several hours doing paperwork and inspecting the car (which he did last time too). When he was done it was lunch time and 3 hour drive would have put me at the end of the show. Was really bumbed out to miss it but now feel fortunate twist of fate.

Another point, Rick to me seems to be a really good guy and has contributed a lot to the Corvette community, especially with his accurate information. There is no way I would believe he would advertise multiple C7s would be at the show if he was not 100% sure they would be there. I have seen a post suggesting he apologize. Sorry I disagree, not his fault. Someone at GM who told him they would be there and Rick was banking on that, imagine how Rick must feel after a lot of hard work putting this event together. I think he is owed the benefit of doubt.....
I TOTALLY agree with you, MDK. Rick Conti is as upfront as you're gonna find. He's a consummate professional who is as excited about these C7's as we are. He definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt on yesterday's event.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MDK9950

Originally Posted by isdnews
I TOTALLY agree with you, MDK. Rick Conti is as upfront as you're gonna find. He's a consummate professional who is as excited about these C7's as we are. He definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt on yesterday's event.

&

I don't know Rick except via the Forum and a couple emails/calls but I suspect he is the most bummed person the 7's were not there, as planned. I feel badly for him and all that were disappointed.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:33 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

I'm just glad they showed up. I guess better late than never. The Limerock green was beautiful. I counted 5 total. I couldn't believe they let people sit in them. I did feel bad when some dumba$$ spilled pop in one off them.. I think this was one of the best shows I have been to all year... Good job Rick!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:36 PM
MRREDDOG
Advanced

I too was planning on driving down from Detroit area, A 500 mile round trip. I had a few things pop up that I could of blown off but ended up finishing. so I didn't go.
I was coming just for the C7's , glad I stayed home...I understand crap happens,so no ones blaming Rick, I'm just wondering what happened?? what a bummer for those that did go to see the new cars....
Old 09-15-2013, 12:36 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Of course he's embarrassed - he made a commitment based on good faith that through no fault of his own he wasn't able to honor. I'm going to take it a step further and suggest that those who committed to him that they'd have the C7s there also ran into something unexpected that prevented them from delivering. Sorry but I strongly disagree that Rick owes anyone here an apology although if I know him at all he'll offer one anyway. Rick was just as much a victim here as those who attended the event.

Get notified of new replies

To THIS SATURDAY at Coughlin in Ohio!

Old 09-15-2013, 12:38 PM
MRREDDOG
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2013 Z06
I'm just glad they showed up. I guess better late than never. The Limerock green was beautiful. I counted 5 total. I couldn't believe they let people sit in them. I did feel bad when some dumba$$ spilled pop in one off them.. I think this was one of the best shows I have been to all year... Good job Rick!!!

so the C7's did show up??

Last edited by MRREDDOG; 09-15-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:40 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by MRREDDOG
so the C7's did show up??
They showed up at the end. Most people were gone when they got there.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:43 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Of course he's embarrassed - he made a commitment based on good faith that through no fault of his own he wasn't able to honor. I'm going to take it a step further and suggest that those who committed to him that they'd have the C7s there also ran into something unexpected that prevented them from delivering. Sorry but I strongly disagree that Rick owes anyone here an apology although if I know him at all he'll offer one anyway. Rick was just as much a victim here as those who attended the event.
Yes I guess you are right. Maybe I was a bit too strong. However if I was running the event I would make sure the cars were there a day ahead of time. Extraordinary events require extraordinary planning. Having the cars arrive the day of the show is not good planning.

Quick Reply: THIS SATURDAY at Coughlin in Ohio!