Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowray
To the OP:
As the previous poster has said, neurosurgery has com a long way. I had been plagued with migraines for years or so I thought....... It finally evolved into what could best described as like having an "Icey headache" 24-7 in the middle of the head for a month and pain medications were having little effect. The doctor was concerned and ordered an MRI and I got the bad news on June 25 that I had a brain tumor that had to come out pronto or it would kill me soon due to fluid backup. With that kind of news I needed something to look forward to, so the next day I placed the order for a Stingray LOL! Well, on July 12th I had the operation, what was thought to be a 4 hour procedure, took 9-1/2 hours to get rid of the thing. (Thanks Docs for canceling the 1o'clock T-off).

The good news is it was very successful. They are confident they got it all and it was a class one, lowest grade. I had a setback with a pulmonary embolism a month later which landed me a week stay in the hospital again, but no major losses from that.

Here's more good news, yesterday was my first day back at work, tho I'm restricted to 4 hours a day, it went great. I'm an R&D machinist. I set up, program mills and lathes to run complicated parts that are needed yesterday. Apparently, whatever marbles the surgeons removed I didn't need LOL. Here's the kicker, they hired three new guys to replace me....and I ain't worried!

Headaches are gone, life is good, don't sweat the little stuff like my car that won't move off "order placed" months! Have faith in your neurosurgeon!

yellowray
you my friend are AWESOME!!I'd love to meet you someday
Old 09-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Yellowray, that is truly an inspiring story, and I'm glad it turned out great for you. The fact that you ordered a Vette showed your positive mindset in looking forward to better times!

OP, sounds like a lot of good advice and I know for sure you're tough as nails!

These stories make me even more appreciative of every day I am healthy.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:10 PM
carjo
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Three lower back surgeries under my belt, including a fusion with titanium rods and screws holding things together.....and I can still enjoy the hell out of my C6.

Hang in there........
Old 09-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by carjo
Three lower back surgeries under my belt, including a fusion with titanium rods and screws holding things together.....and I can still enjoy the hell out of my C6.

Hang in there........
Yeah, been there, done that. Back mods are a blast. Titanium, to bad I can't polish it.

Once you start modding it is hard to stop. One year later I did the neck. That was enough, I lost the modding bug.

Last edited by 00247; 09-14-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 PM
yellowray
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raiderh20boy

yellowray
you my friend are AWESOME!!I'd love to meet you someday
Sounds good, I'm not that far from you, I'm in Sacramento. When we get our cars and when your up to it, give me a shout, perhaps we'll give the cars a cruise, Napa? 49'er hwy?

Hopefully mine will show, I think there's something wrong with my order. They'd best figure it out, a used houseboat on the Delta is looking better and better. 84k gets a nice one

Quick Reply: Not a happy c7 owner right now!!