Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Corvette brotherhood....really?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I always wave to my Corvette brethren. In the C7, I have gotten many waves from people in other cars that weren't corvettes, but usually driving sports cars. I return those waves as well. I enjoy the camaraderie with auto enthusiasts of all varieties.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:45 PM
noel48
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by MarshallJCM800
I applaud your closeted, utilitarian approach to Corvette ownership. You are not unique, nor are you cool because you allow people to drive your car and it actually sees inclement weather. Thanks for hogging the one spot the Corvette world has for set aside for pragmatic usage. Let me know if you ever decide to relinquish it as, I too, someday hope to find the inner zen calmness required to bring my garage queen out amongst the great unwashed.

I am also happy to tell you that I own a Z51 Corvette C7. Laugh away, I'm fairly certain nobody cares. Oh yeah, my Silverado is a Z71 model and Chevy put a big sticker with that silly RPO code right on both my rear fenders so that everyone could send you into gales of laughter by calling it a Z71 Silverado.

You are not better than any of us because of how you use or name your car. Get over yourself........and yeah, I wave.
And so it begins
Old 04-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

I wave at other vette drivers and the majority wave back. If they don't wave back, oh well.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:10 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by thedofuss
if there is such a thing as a brotherhood among corvette owners, you know, like a bonding thing because we all own a particular car, why is it that there is such hostility on the forum at times? also, why is it that so many owners do not wave back at an owner who waves at them? is it because even brothers do not get along sometimes?

do you feel that you belong to a brotherhood?
Yes Most other owners wave and being in a club and going to drives and meets is similar to going with guys on a golf trip !!! I've been a car guy now for 50 years !!! I bought my stepson a 1966 caddy convertible which needed some cosmetics done but had a good engine and transmission and He still has had that car for 30 years !!! He is the Seattle caddy treasurer and membership person and I go to his car shows !!! Wayne
Old 04-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

I'm the oldest brother so it's written somewhere I have to rip my younger one whenever I get a chance . But RE: Other Corvette owners and years, I've had nothing but respect so far and give the same respect back. But that's been 'my' experience, I'm sure there are others.

I'm sure the respect I get is not because mine is Torch Red but .....
Old 04-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,366 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Because I own a particular brand and model of car? Nope, not at all. I don't own any article of Corvette clothing. I don't belong to a Corvette club. I wave at other Vettes but I don't look for them and have probably missed some. I drive mine year around in CO. I even drive it in the rain occasionally. My '08 coupe had almost 50k miles when I traded it for the C7. I don't put it away for the winter. I don't treat it as garage art. I let other people drive it. I am most definitely not the typical Vette or C7 owner.

I do get a laugh out of everyone describing their C7 as a "Z51..." That's an option, not a model.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:25 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Corvette brotherhood, yes. I wave at all vettes when I pass them. Here on the Forum, yes you can create your enemies by your posts.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:29 PM
knucklexyz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do get a laugh out of everyone describing their C7 as a "Z51..."

Why? It imparts information about the car. Do you also laugh if someone describes their car as a convertible?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:32 PM
ChuckWalters
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my motorcycle, we always wave low on the left side at passing bikes heading in the other direction. I always get a wave either first or back at me. I also wave at fellow Vette drivers and most wave back....harder to see in the car sometimes due to reflection, but most of the time it's there. Vette drivers tend to gravitate to each other in public, in clubs and at shows.

I think the brotherhood/sisterhood is alive and well!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,366 Likes on 790 Posts

You are not better than any of us because of how you use or name your car. Get over yourself........and yeah, I wave.
When did he say he was better than anyone else?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:58 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

I applaud your closeted, utilitarian approach to Corvette ownership. You are not unique, nor are you cool because you allow people to drive your car and it actually sees inclement weather. Thanks for hogging the one spot the Corvette world has for set aside for pragmatic usage. Let me know if you ever decide to relinquish it as, I too, someday hope to find the inner zen calmness required to bring my garage queen out amongst the great unwashed.

I am also happy to tell you that I own a Z51 Corvette C7. Laugh away, I'm fairly certain nobody cares. Oh yeah, my Silverado is a Z71 model and Chevy put a big sticker with that silly RPO code right on both my rear fenders so that everyone could send you into gales of laughter by calling it a Z71 Silverado.

Holy cow...you got all of THIS from Steve_R's post?

I guess I need to go to a sensitivity class.

Back to the original topic, I think calling the Corvette faithful a "brotherhood" is a little strong. I wave to other Corvette owners, I enjoy talking to other Corvette owners, and I have 1 friend who owns a Corvette (1969).

Jimmy
Old 04-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Never said I was better than anyone. Never even hinted it. If you got that from my previous post you need to read it again. I think of my C7 as a car. Period. I use it that way. That doesn't make me any better or worse than you or anyone else.

BTW, I've never named any car I've owned; no idea where that comment came from.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:46 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

I drive my C7 with no pants waiting for a guy not to wave. No wave means I throw a moon or my junk in the window.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:53 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by VatorMan
I drive my C7 with no pants waiting for a guy not to wave. No wave means I throw a moon or my junk in the window.
A little extreme, but whatever works for you.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:17 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Several (most) great posts...then the jack wad comment....really????

But I do have to chuckle about the guy slamming his butt cheeks or "package" against the window on regular occasions...who's cleaning that window???? Ahahahahaha
Old 04-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

Flexible, you must be.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Jpiatchek
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Wow!

Who put a burr up your rear? Don't think I want to be your brother. Get over yourself.

Get notified of new replies

To The Corvette brotherhood....really?

Old 04-19-2014, 11:06 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by millpond
A little extreme, but whatever works for you.
You notice where he lives ? He got the idea from one of our vendors ........
Old 04-19-2014, 11:09 PM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts

Lol. Yikes. Everyone, wave!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:10 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,216 Likes on 827 Posts

Originally Posted by knucklexyz
I do get a laugh out of everyone describing their C7 as a "Z51..."

Why? It imparts information about the car. Do you also laugh if someone describes their car as a convertible?
No, but there are many other possible codes to use for every Vette that would impart information but they don't use them do they?

RC8/FE4/CC3/C2M/NPP....

That is why z51 is funny...

Last edited by hawkgfr; 04-19-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: The Corvette brotherhood....really?