Print Wikipost

Group Buy: aFe POWER Momentum Cold Air Intake - Limited Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 01:49 PM
gootz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haven't been online in a week

pm me if I can still take advantage of this. thanks!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:36 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Thank you very much AFE! Mine arrived today. I will be installing it as soon as I get home and will report back in a day or so after getting some miles on it!

Those of you waiting, patience is a virtue and you will NOT be disappointed. I was fortunate enough to be first on the GB list and only a day away via Fed Ex ground.

Last edited by slief; 05-19-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:40 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks again AFE! Just finished the install. It took about 40 minutes. Maybe less. I have yet to drive it but I know it will take a few miles for the computer to adjust to the new intake.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:13 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
Thanks again AFE! Just finished the install. It took about 40 minutes. Maybe less. I have yet to drive it but I know it will take a few miles for the computer to adjust to the new intake.
NICE!....40 min'...any tips? I know it's a simple mod, but sometimes there are unforeseen gremilins.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Kalimino
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

With a last name that starts with an "A", I'm used to being served first. This 37th on the list is killing me!!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:22 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Good stuff, glad to see they are shipping already.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:50 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
NICE!....40 min'...any tips? I know it's a simple mod, but sometimes there are unforeseen gremilins.
No tips really. I did watch their video before installing it but it couldn't be much more straight forward. It probably would have taken me 30 minutes had I not had to dig for sockets.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:17 AM
gootz
Instructor

is this group buy still available?
Old 05-20-2014, 11:29 AM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by gootz
From this post, I think it's closed at the moment:

Originally Posted by aFe POWER
We are going to go ahead and cap this group buy for the moment. We are up over 50 kits alone from this forum, and while we are assembling and shipping some kits today, I'd like to get a firmer date from manufacturing on additional kits before we accept new GB orders.

There is a good chance we will have the balance ready next week, probably no later than the week after, but we are never comfortable taking payment information (even though we don't charge) and promising something without being able to deliver.

We are open to repeating this group buy, and we thank everyone who has taken advantage of this offer, we are very excited to see all of these kits getting installed and all of your feedback.

To those who have gotten your interest and information to me, we are working diligently to get these built and ready to ship to you.

However, the first post isn't completely clear, so I would PM aFe and ask, or I'm sure Josh will be here in a bit to comment since he's very on top of the forum.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:58 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
No tips really. I did watch their video before installing it but it couldn't be much more straight forward. It probably would have taken me 30 minutes had I not had to dig for sockets.

you must be like me, I don't use those socket organizers...I guess I'm old school!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:00 PM
gootz
Instructor

Originally Posted by HalfMoon

However, the first post isn't completely clear, so I would PM aFe and ask, or I'm sure Josh will be here in a bit to comment since he's very on top of the forum.
must of skimmed right over that. much appreciated
Old 05-20-2014, 01:26 PM
0aFe POWER
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfMoon

Thanks!!

must of skimmed right over that. much appreciated
Doing what I can to see about additional buys. Want to get all the original orders shipped.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:24 AM
spaceaholic
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Received mine yesterday but holding off on opening the box and actual installation until others who have actually installed/used provide observations on claimed performance gains.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:35 AM
gootz
Instructor

understandable. May I ask that you keep me in the loop if it opens up again. I'd love to have this badboy on my car

Originally Posted by aFe POWER
Thanks!!

Doing what I can to see about additional buys. Want to get all the original orders shipped.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:53 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceaholic
Received mine yesterday but holding off on opening the box and actual installation until others who have actually installed/used provide observations on claimed performance gains.
That will be tough to demonstrate unless someone does before/after dynos. Butt feel is so subjective and unreliable... especially for what are modest performance gains. You might be waiting awhile for someone to confirm actual results.

There has been at least one very positive review by an owner already. Based on that alone I think the performance and quality has been confirmed IMO.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 AM
xp800
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 151 Posts

I have an hour of dyno time scheduled today to do a stock baseline and with a couple other trials. My aFe with both the oiled and dry filters is due in tomorow (Thursday), and I will schedule a follow-up session ASAP so the CAI can "settle in" as aFe recommends. For the follow-up the variables are only filter swaps while on the rollers. Details to follow.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 AM
0aFe POWER
Former Vendor

Awesome guys! Fun to hear the thoughts now that they are being installed, and with a lot of you being on the east coast, the first batch will be hitting tomorrow.

For the balance of the GB orders, we had a delay in getting in the t-bolt clamps we use on the kit, but I'm hearing these should be here today, and I'm pushing to have all of the backorders filled, but it may fall into tomorrow. But this will complete all remaining orders, and we'll have these on the shelf.

Josh

Get notified of new replies

To Group Buy: aFe POWER Momentum Cold Air Intake - Limited Time

Old 05-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,880 Likes on 2,984 Posts

Can't wait for mine to arrive, thank you! T-bolts seem like complete overkill for the application, but that's just me
Old 05-21-2014, 11:26 AM
xp800
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Kracka
Can't wait for mine to arrive, thank you! T-bolts seem like complete overkill for the application, but that's just me
They look cool though, IMO.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:28 AM
0aFe POWER
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kracka
They are.. but so are a lot of our processes and how we do things. We're ok with that.

Quick Reply: Group Buy: aFe POWER Momentum Cold Air Intake - Limited Time