Sponsored by:

Stingray vs. BMW M4

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 05:12 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
And those features and amenities are also available on the 911...as well as the PDK, and the CCB's, and the 400 hp 3.8.
These magazines stack the deck, and don't compare apples to apples. They did it with the C7 vs. 911 C2S too...just with the shoe on the other foot.
Considering their apparent fascination with back seats (wherein they actually used it as a line item in the C7 comparison final tally), perhaps they should rename the magazine to Family Car and Driver.
S.
In fairness, the magazines doing short term tests often are at the mercy of what manufacturers have available in their test car pools.

Long term tests may be different. I asked Autoweek about this several years ago, and they said that a long term test car in question actually had been built to their specs.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:51 PM
C82LT
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 352 Posts

M4 drives kind of boaty and the electric steering is numb. The M2, although just a tad slower, is a better BMW, but neither compare to the C7.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:18 PM
RMS127
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Before buying my 17 GS, I also looked at the M4, C63 AMG & F type R (my 2nd choice). Around where I live, 0-60,0-100 is more important because let's face it, it's hard to find roads around the city where I can really romp it out. I love the V8 sound over the M4 as well as for any non car person, that M4 just looks like a modified 3 series BMW out there (and there is plenty of them around here compared to the C7. No one pays attention to M4's around here but when I drive my vette, people are breaking their necks all the time lol. and lot of people don't even know what kind of car it is!

Quick Reply: Stingray vs. BMW M4