Sponsored by:

Removable top alignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:27 PM
ETHYL
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Removable top alignment

I noticed that front left corner of the roof top sits level with the rubber gasket while the front right sits slightly lower which I think is the correct position. Is there an alignment correction for this. Have not gone to a dealer. Only had the car 2 days. Everything else is OK. (door gaps, very little orange peel paint). Built on April 27. Anyone have this problem corrected?
Old 05-25-2014, 09:06 AM
air86
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 54 Posts

I don't know but do have a harder time putting this roof on compared to my c6
Old 05-25-2014, 09:38 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ETHYL
I noticed that front left corner of the roof top sits level with the rubber gasket while the front right sits slightly lower which I think is the correct position. Is there an alignment correction for this. Have not gone to a dealer. Only had the car 2 days. Everything else is OK. (door gaps, very little orange peel paint). Built on April 27. Anyone have this problem corrected?
I have this on good source from factory. The proper roof position when in place at front is even with the windshield molding. My car is now 8 months old and the seal has compressed slightly in front,and because of where the roof is now (slightly lower to the windshield molding right& left) it's starting to make a knocking/ creaking sound as front handle lock position can't compensate for this so low position.

Hope this helps
Old 05-25-2014, 10:09 AM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I know you can adjust the back side of the removable top. Just not sure about the front edge.
To adjust the rear of the top, you need to remove the upper trim that spans between the B-Pillars as well as unsnapping the B-Pillar trim panels. Once you do that, there are the two pieces that the locator pins on the roof panel go into. On the face of those are two bolts. With the roof panel installed, loose those two bolts and push down on the backside of the roof until you have it to the desired position. While pushing down on it, tighten the two bolts. Do this ones side at a time. In this picture below, you can see the two bolts noted by the arrows.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:16 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

On c5 and c6 models you could remove or pull the inside mldg. down to access the bracket held in place by two bolts loose and move down to pull top down further. May need to reindex windows if it moves much.
z51vett
Doug
Old 05-25-2014, 10:54 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The front is adjustable,believe it or not and this is the procedure at plant post build. The recommendation is to use a nylon block under or above the front receivers and strike with a hammer adjusting a little at at time to the front edge is even or slightly above windshield molding. I was told if I was going to remove all of the interior trim including the ISRVM at the front to be very careful loosing receiver bolts because if the adjustment goes to far out ( left or right that is) that an installation jig used at factory would be needed possible to get roof receivers in base position

Get notified of new replies

To Removable top alignment

Quick Reply: Removable top alignment