Sponsored by:

"Performance Shift Active" Message

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Default "Performance Shift Active" Message

I have an automatic transmission. While driving the car, I did a rapid acceleration and a message appeared on the DIC that said "Performance Shift Active."

After the message appeared, the car sounded like it was running at a high RPM before it shifted into the next gear whether increasing or decreasing speed. It reminded me of driving a stick. I was in Sport mode when this occurred.

Does anyone know what this means and the purpose behind it? I can't find anything while doing a search on the forum or google. I also can't find anything in the owners manual.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2014, 08:11 PM
onyx_z71
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

It is Performance Algorithm Liftfoot. It's supposed to go into that mode if you blip the throttle. Holds the gears like you would drive a manual aggressively. It goes back to normal shifting when you drive in a normal manner after so many seconds.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by onyx_z71
It is Performance Algorithm Liftfoot. It's supposed to go into that mode if you blip the throttle. Holds the gears like you would drive a manual aggressively. It goes back to normal shifting when you drive in a normal manner after so many seconds.
Thank you. How do you know this? Do you know where I can read more about this feature?

**Update - I found additional information on the internet. It appears they have this feature in the Cadillac. Again, thank you!

Last edited by Rossi6998; 05-29-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:51 PM
bjhayes
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT and it has this too. If you don't know about this feature then it can be a little unnerving to have your car hanging at high RPMs and not shifting.

Get notified of new replies

To "Performance Shift Active" Message

Quick Reply: "Performance Shift Active" Message