Sponsored by:

Help ordering 2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Zevo
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Help ordering 2015

I'm going to order a 2015. My dealer says it won't be accepted until June 29 so we don't need to place the order until a couple of days prior to that. I'm their first 2015. I want the car as soon as possible. Will it speed up my order if I do it sooner?

For background, I ordered a 2014 which has a TPW of 7/7, but I wanted to get ZF1, so they are going to keep my original order and do the 2015 for me. I've been happy with how they've treated me, but they aren't a huge corvette dealer so they could be off on some details

Any help is appreciated
Old 06-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Zevo
I'm going to order a 2015. My dealer says it won't be accepted until June 29 so we don't need to place the order until a couple of days prior to that. I'm their first 2015. I want the car as soon as possible. Will it speed up my order if I do it sooner?

For background, I ordered a 2014 which has a TPW of 7/7, but I wanted to get ZF1, so they are going to keep my original order and do the 2015 for me. I've been happy with how they've treated me, but they aren't a huge corvette dealer so they could be off on some details

Any help is appreciated
June 26 not June 29. I would think if you avoid the constraint items such as carbon fiber dash, ect.... you should be fine. If so, you should have your car in September.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:45 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

It doesn't matter when the order gets entered in as long as it's before the cut off.

My 2014 order was placed on the last day it could be and mine rolled off the line as one of the first C7's
Old 06-15-2014, 11:46 PM
bjhayes
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If they aren't a huge Corvette dealer the one thing I can think that might be a problem, other than the already mentioned constraint items, is allocation. If they do not have allocation right away it will not matter how soon you place the order with them because it will not get accepted by GM. If you want a Stingray as soon as possible maybe you should talk to higher volume dealers.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Zevo
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts

On the last order they came through in approximately the time they promised and have been good to work with, so I feel some loyalty. I'm willing to take some risk at this point

Originally Posted by bjhayes
If they aren't a huge Corvette dealer the one thing I can think that might be a problem, other than the already mentioned constraint items, is allocation. If they do not have allocation right away it will not matter how soon you place the order with them because it will not get accepted by GM. If you want a Stingray as soon as possible maybe you should talk to higher volume dealers.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:05 PM
greatcanadian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
June 26 not June 29. I would think if you avoid the constraint items such as carbon fiber dash, ect.... you should be fine. If so, you should have your car in September.
So my order has been in with a large dealer for a couple weeks now...what exactly happens on the June 26th date you outline? Is that when the orders actually download from the dealership to GM?

Appreciate any insight?

thanks,
Ryan
Old 06-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

If all goes as it has in the past, the dealers will get their first allocation information, including any constraint info, on the 26th. Then on Tuesday night/Wednesday those first set of allocations will be pulled and scheduled for production, at which point, if your order was one of the ones pulled, its status will change and the process will begin.

Note that the dealer has between the 26th and when the allocation are pulled to adjust and line up his orders the way he wants so that what gets pulled is what he wants.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:21 PM
greatcanadian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
If all goes as it has in the past, the dealers will get their first allocation information, including any constraint info, on the 26th. Then on Tuesday night/Wednesday those first set of allocations will be pulled and scheduled for production, at which point, if your order was one of the ones pulled, its status will change and the process will begin.

Note that the dealer has between the 26th and when the allocation are pulled to adjust and line up his orders the way he wants so that what gets pulled is what he wants.
Very helpful...thank you!

Get notified of new replies

To Help ordering 2015

Quick Reply: Help ordering 2015