Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 12:35 AM
STINGREYES
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

level6 Great looking Stingray,
enjoying my C7 with just over 2700 fun, care free miles in less then 3
months.

Last edited by STINGREYES; 06-25-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:50 AM
dpb
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default One Fine Machine!!!

Glad to join the fray!!! I have been reading about all the bad things people have experienced, little problems and flaws and it kind of took away from my enjoyment of my own personal car. Uh oh, OP is terrible, I run out and check it, hey what was that noise, rear end leaking, engine blowing up, tires cracking..........on and on. But my own personal experience with my own 1LT base vert, silver, has been a thrill. I love this car!!! The 1LT motor is a torquing monster that delivers 460 hp brilliantly, the body styling is gorgeous with non-stop compliments from people daily. And finally, the interior makes me appreciate that I spent that kind of money on a two-seater!!! I do not regret my purchase, couldn't afford all the frills I would have liked, but it is simply the best car I have ever owned. It is a daily driver with 2K miles on it and it has been problem-free!!! Love this car!!!

dpb
Old 06-25-2014, 12:57 AM
AZstingray
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine Black on black for 8 months. Daily driver to work with 9000 miles on it. I hate getting stuck in traffic driving it but I notice the stares and picture taking more.
I have had a few problems with it but my dealership fixed everything under warranty.
Yeah the car has orange peel but I bet 99% of the public doesn't even notice.
Did I mention I love driving this car!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:40 AM
Gobi
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 32 Posts

Agree agree got my CG on the 16th of last month 700 Colorado miles of pure bliss. I've owned many cars but none as enjoyable in so many ways as this C7!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 AM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by romaja
Thanks for the reply. Maybe we can get together when I get my 2015. Their is another person on the forum that lives close as well he will be purchasing a C7 up in Longview Washington. His name is Mike and he lives in Lacenter.

Ps. I feel the same way about the front plate. I do not want to give an LEO probable cause to pull me over.
If you haven't driven the C7 yet, I'd be glad to get together soon so you can test drive it. I've read enough of your posts that it's obvious you're a real enthusiast.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:00 AM
level6
Pro

Originally Posted by chas70
I live out in Tigard. Sounds like there are a few of us close to each other. Should get our cars and get together.
Definitely!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:02 AM
level6
Pro

Originally Posted by AttyVette
First of all, you have a beautiful C7. Second, I love my C7 and enjoy how it drives ,handles and of course, how it looks.
Thank you counselor!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:05 AM
level6
Pro

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Hey guys - Mike here. Mark, your C7 is beautiful! I look forward to seeing it in person. Like Jim (romaja), I have a 2015 on order and can't wait. The only good news is that I still have my C6 to enjoy until I get my Stingray. Would love to get together, meet you, and see your C7.
Thanks Mike!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:18 AM
level6
Pro

Originally Posted by STINGREYES
level6 Great looking Stingray,
enjoying my C7 with just over 2700 fun, care free miles in less then 3
months.
Thanks! And don't forget I got to sit in your beautiful black vert before you did, I really like the looks of yours!

This new Stingray really is a special car. I've been reading reviews of the new BMW 4 series and it sounds like BMW really screwed up their bread and butter 3 series (poor handling). e.g. Check out the latest "Top Gear" magazine. But not our Corvette. Chevy just made a great C6 better. Better in every regard, but mostly for me the handling and steering feel.

It's been fun reading everyone's positive take on our car in this thread. Such a 'feel good machine' it is.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:58 AM
RCB1234
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by level6
Just wanted to offer this post up to say that I am enjoying this Corvette very much. It's been a little over 3 months now, daily driver and this car has been flawless. So smooth in normal driving, but can turn into a controlled thrill machine as quick as a thought.

As an aside, I know it's been mentioned here, but the latest Autoweek just came in the mail. It was fun to read the results of their annual Fantasy Camp, where they invite some of their readers to thoroughly test a selection of the finest performance coupes and rate them. Clear winner: our Stingray. It's not just us that think so, ...this vette is the hottest thing on the streets today.

Are you pretty happy with yours?

AW Z51 M7. Look forward to my weekends and road trips. My wife now thinks she has some competition. Ha!. Had my 77 for 18 years and enjoyed driving her very much but the C7 has been a dream come true. Great ride and performance. Draws plenty of attention. Damn, today is only Wed.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:19 PM
todd5851
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only had mine for 6 days but am very happy about the purchase! I can hardly wait to go for a drive and find myself wondering around in the garage just to stare at it! Certainly the most exhilarating car I have owned during the last 25+ years, and I have owned a few.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Philr56
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

I've had it since mid-April and have 2,600 miles in it so far. A constant conversation starter. Best Vet yet.

Quick Reply: Wow, I love this Vette!