Sponsored by:

Toll tag location

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:56 PM
dprestidge
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by alienranch
Works fine for NTTA. Been using it for over 6 months in this car with no problems. Take the tollway every day.
Like I said, they are using you plate not you sticker. You have destroyed you sticker it no longer works.
The way the system works. it tries to read the sticker, but regardless where the sticker is sometimes it doesn't get read. When that happens they check your plate to see if you have an account. Then they bill you account. The difference is when it reads the sticker it shows up almost instantly , when it reads the plate it may take a couple of days.
If you put that sticker you cut up in a car without an account you will be billed full price by mail.
Over 20 years experience with NTTA
Old 07-31-2015, 06:33 PM
csred58vette
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I put my toll tag behind the inspection sticker. To make it fit you have to trim a little. Works just fine
Old 08-06-2015, 08:45 AM
oldvette343
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldvette343
I hate the look of the sticker on my front windshield, so today I put it at the top of my rear hatch. You can not see it since that is the darken area but sits on top pointing straight up. I will test it soon to see if it gets read when I go under the toll road reader.
Works like a charm. Out of sight out of mind.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:19 PM
NewVetteDriver
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toll tag location

I put mine where the inspection sticker used to go, right next to the license sticker (lower left corner). No obstructions and looks better than near the mirror.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:16 PM
2016C7.paul
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Accidentally found best spot for TollTag

Originally Posted by CDH76
Refuse to put it on my window. It sits in the hidden area until I need it. I don't get on the toll much so doesn't bother me.
I think I accidentally found the best spot for the TollTag.

Like others on this thread, I can't stand sticking it my windshield, so I kept it in the cubby until I needed it, then threw it on the dash.

Upon returning home recently, I realized that I never put it back in the cubby. When I went looking for it, this is where I found it:
Those in North Texas will recognize that as the top of the NTTA TollTag peeking up from between the trim between the dash and the windshield. It had slid in there during my drive.

I went to fish it out with a coat-hanger (not sure if that will even work) and decided to just leave it there. Its the perfect spot.

The following users liked this post:
daleong (04-21-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 10:22 AM
redandtan
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Toll Tag Location

Center console, pull it out when approaching the toll barrier.

Quick Reply: Toll tag location