C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 PDR update - has anyone here had it done?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 08:48 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Default 2015 PDR update - has anyone here had it done?

The thread title says it all. I'm referring to the update that is supposed to improve contrast and color saturation on the played back image. I've checked with all of the sources available to me and can't find any evidence that the update that was announced a couple of months ago has actually been made available. Does anyone here know otherwise? If so, any info (e.g. TSB number) would be much appreciated. Thx.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
The thread title says it all. I'm referring to the update that is supposed to improve contrast and color saturation on the played back image. I've checked with all of the sources available to me and can't find any evidence that the update that was announced a couple of months ago has actually been made available. Does anyone here know otherwise? If so, any info (e.g. TSB number) would be much appreciated. Thx.
While at the dealership the end of last week I had the service manager try to find something out on this very topic. He spent about 30 minutes getting shuffled around various GM tech personnel but everyone was clueless.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't have a TSB number but I understand any PDR "update" is also going to disable sound so that the Valet mode won't record sound and possibly violate state law in states that require letting people know there voice is being recorded. Not sure what an update will do to improve resolution. The camera in the 2014 model year was 720P, not 1080.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,076 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Mid-April Tadge said "in the next few weeks". Here's the link: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...st-so-bad.html
Old 06-03-2015, 01:00 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortimer
Not sure what an update will do to improve resolution. The camera in the 2014 model year was 720P, not 1080.
It's well known that the update will not affect resolution; it will improve color saturation and contrast.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:10 AM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

BEFORE

AFTER

Available NOW in Adobe Premiere
Old 06-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

I don't have a TSB number but I understand any PDR "update" is also going to disable sound so that the Valet mode won't record sound and possibly violate state law in states that require letting people know there voice is being recorded. Not sure what an update will do to improve resolution. The camera in the 2014 model year was 720P, not 1080.
I didn't think 2014's had an option for PDR?
Old 06-03-2015, 09:25 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

There is a letter sent to owners of 2015s about the PDR/Valet update and dealers have in in their DB, the one to improve the picture has not been released as of 6/3 when it is released is anyones guess, There is no PDR in the 2014 only a backup camera.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:43 PM
Heidemarie
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
#PI 1493 Poor Performance Data Recorder Video Playback clarity (June 16, 2015) , Models 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Equipped with RPO-UQT (Performance data recorder) is posted on C7 ZO6 tech link (PDR Video quality flash done to my car).
Can anyone please tell me how I can copy the above PI from that link or can someone repost it here in C7 General discussions in such a manner that we can make a hard copy of that file to show to our service dealers who have never heard of this software upgrade.
My question is: how do we copy a post from this forum? Shift CTRL C (the normal copy procedure) does not work.
Anyone, please help. I am not tech savy as some of you are out there.
Thanks Heidi
SAVE THE WAVE
Old 06-30-2015, 08:09 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Heidemarie
#PI 1493 Poor Performance Data Recorder Video Playback clarity (June 16, 2015) , Models 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Equipped with RPO-UQT (Performance data recorder) is posted on C7 ZO6 tech link (PDR Video quality flash done to my car).
Can anyone please tell me how I can copy the above PI from that link or can someone repost it here in C7 General discussions in such a manner that we can make a hard copy of that file to show to our service dealers who have never heard of this software upgrade.
My question is: how do we copy a post from this forum? Shift CTRL C (the normal copy procedure) does not work.
Anyone, please help. I am not tech savy as some of you are out there.
Thanks Heidi
SAVE THE WAVE
Just save it as a JPEG or screen shot the page.

Mine goes in Friday morning for this update.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:01 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
BEFORE

AFTER

Old 06-30-2015, 10:05 PM
jcuff
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my C7Z in for this update and the A8 update (which worked well I must say). My mechanic had a tough time getting the update to take. He was calling Chevy tech and will try again next week. Has anyone else run into this?
Old 06-30-2015, 10:26 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by jcuff
I had my C7Z in for this update and the A8 update (which worked well I must say). My mechanic had a tough time getting the update to take. He was calling Chevy tech and will try again next week. Has anyone else run into this?
I would like to know more about the A8 update? Did not hear about it yet.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:29 PM
jcuff
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I brought my car in I told the mechanic about a "clunking" sound I was getting at times when coming to a complete stop and the tranny downshifting into first gear. he said there have been multiple A8 updates/calibrations. The latest one was from a couple of weeks ago (I believe). It fixed my issue, and the tranny feels like it is shifting better (gut feeling).
Old 06-30-2015, 10:46 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by jcuff
When I brought my car in I told the mechanic about a "clunking" sound I was getting at times when coming to a complete stop and the tranny downshifting into first gear. he said there have been multiple A8 updates/calibrations. The latest one was from a couple of weeks ago (I believe). It fixed my issue, and the tranny feels like it is shifting better (gut feeling).
Would I need this A8 update? mine is a early build 9-15-14.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Heidemarie
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

[QUOTE=Z06 1of38;1589954243]Just save it as a JPEG or screen shot the page.

Mine goes in Friday morning for this update.

Thanks; your instructions worked perfectly. Good luck with your update. Just got word from my dealer in Melbourne that they can do this update. Have it tentatively scheduled for 14 July (the week I recommended) and Service Dept Mgr. said , it may take a few hours; will get 2nd oil change at same time; so glad pix quality is so much better with update. Valet voice will also be eliminated since it is illegal in Florida to record without consent.
Heidi
SAVE THE WAVE
Old 07-01-2015, 03:22 PM
OldJedi
Drifting

Received 614 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
BEFORE

AFTER

Are these pictures before and after the GM/PDR update or you adjusted it yourself using Adobe?

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 PDR update - has anyone here had it done?

Old 07-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by OldJedi
Are these pictures before and after the GM/PDR update or you adjusted it yourself using Adobe?
These are obviously exactly the same pictures, the second was not taken after the PDR software update. Very deceiving to post them as before and after IMO.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:44 AM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Well, after the update, the picture is improved but certainly not as good as any of the "after" pictures I've seen. The brake readings still are not fixed either.

The other thing that was bad before the update was the camera's auto-gain in some lighting conditions, but I haven't had the kind of conditions that caused it to have problems yet, so I can't tell if that's been improved.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:30 AM
c7fasteddie
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can someone advise me why my PDR recording had no sound? My c7 was delivered late March. I hear this discussion of valet mode audio being deleted with the video update , heck I don't have any audio now? I am in Ca and my car was sold and delivered in Ca. Thanks, for anyone with the facts.

Quick Reply: 2015 PDR update - has anyone here had it done?