Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Credit Union Member Offer

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 02:41 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

I think the only way to end the speculation over these programs is if a dealership or a top sales person like Dave@Kerbeck, Mike from Criswell, Rick Conti, or Les Stanford etc. are willing to respond on this.

There is no doubt that these fellows have already been made aware of the massive change in the CU program starting July 15th, 2015. There is also no doubt that these fellows have read this thread and the other threads reference this topic.

I would assume it is taboo for dealerships to discuss this thread or others ref the CU program and provide answers to so many questions . A response would end any speculation, clarify the programs and provide transparency to the CF members and potential Corvette buyers.

Until that happens there will be allot of speculation and most likely a lack of information made in subsequent posts here.

Hopefully someone who is in the know can provide more insight into this important topic of discussion.

Thanks to Ken at Denny Menholt for starting the original thread and original post.

Let's see if any of the top CF dealers or salespeople will step forward and address this issue.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

I don't see why this is too big of a deal. The prices we are selling cars for is already at or below Supplier Pricing so for many of our customers, their deal just go better. They get our discounted price plus the $750 rebate. You guys should actually be happy about this!

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 07-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
I don't see many dealers offering deep discounts on the 2016 models.

What I found interesting in Ken's post #1....are requirements just to get the $750.00 discount.

I would think that many dealers did CU deals for the 2014 & 2015MY's and the customer never supplied them with the CU Certificate numbers.

If this $750.00 discount is the only discount offered by GM for the 2016 Stingray and Z51, then those who bought the 2014 and 2015's with deep discounts got great deals.

Since GM only raised the pricing on the 2016 MY by a small amount, and many C7 owners who placed orders thinking the C7 was priced right, they may have another thought coming when they don't get the big CU discount anymore.

This elimination of the CU discount is a game changer for many would-be buyers.

Let's see how this plays out.
I guess you haven't checked out our 2016 prices!

Dave

Last edited by Dave@Ciocca; 07-03-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by Streetrod782
I just went through the process and joined the credit union. I did order a 16 Z51 and paid $700 over invoice when I ordered the car. According to the GM credit union site it's saying there is zero rebate for any corvette. So I'm not sure where they are getting the $750 from. If someone could post a link. I was able to obtain the 9 digit number but again it's showing -0- for any make Corvette.
The $750 rebate will not show up till the new program starts on July 15th. Ken posted the actual dealer message from GM so there shouldn't be any confusion.

Like I said, our prices are already at or below Supplier Pricing for most cars. Getting the $750 makes our deals better than if you had the Credit Union pricing.

Dave
Old 07-03-2015, 03:53 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
I don't see why this is too big of a deal. The prices we are selling cars for is already at or below Supplier Pricing so for many of our customers, their deal just go better. They get our discounted price plus the $750 rebate. You guys should actually be happy about this!

Dave

Ya dude, and that's great that you are pricing the way you are and why you're the top volume dealer for this reason, but the issue is not everybody in the U.S. wants to buy from a dealer that is, in some cases, on the other side of the continent.

No doubt business for you will pick up due to this change, but for those (like me) that wanted to buy local while getting the same deals you offered and without the BS hassle of courtesy delivery or private shipping, things just got a lot more complicated.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
Ya dude, and that's great that you are pricing the way you are and why you're the top volume dealer for this reason, but the issue is not everybody in the U.S. wants to buy from a dealer that is, in some cases, on the other side of the continent.

No doubt business for you will pick up due to this change, but for those (like me) that wanted to buy local while getting the same deals you offered and without the BS hassle of courtesy delivery or private shipping, things just got a lot more complicated.
So use my website to get your local dealer to lower his price! Lots have done it, I don't mind!

Dave
Old 07-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/

Old 07-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Village joe
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

So use my website to get your local dealer to lower his price! Lots have done it, I don't mind!

Dave
Dave what percentage are you discounting your 2016
Old 07-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I guess you haven't checked out our 2015 prices!

Dave
I'm not concerned about your 2015 prices as I have a 2016 ordered with a TPW of 7-13 and that is my concern.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:03 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

Dave
Yes and sometimes that is effective, but you know as well as I do that it's much easier to get a local dealer to accept CU pricing and get the kickback than it is to negotiate to the same price without the kickback.

For what it's worth, I did exactly what you suggested, and using your prices to do it. But my dealer was much more willing because of the kickback. Most non forum members and those not in the know are sill buying at sticker or little baby discounts here locally from what the finance guy told me.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Skidplate
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 122 Posts

Dave
Dave,

What will your discount on 2016 Corvettes be after July 14, 2015?
Old 07-03-2015, 04:21 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

I don't see why this is too big of a deal. The prices we are selling cars for is already at or below Supplier Pricing so for many of our customers, their deal just go better. They get our discounted price plus the $750 rebate. You guys should actually be happy about this! Dave
Thanks for the response. I figured you were reading this thread and topic of discussion. You're the 1st CF dealer to respond. Kudos to Dave@Kerbeck.

I guess you haven't checked out our 2015 prices! Dave
No, I have not reviewed your current website, as Kerbeck was not a direct topic of discussion in this thread. I only asked if the "top gun" dealerships or salespeople would respond to the many questions that have been addressed here in this forum, which you did. Many of the questions asked addressed the pricing of 2016 models not 2015's. It is widely expected by most potential 2015 C7 buyers that large discounts might be available to move the 2015's off the dealers lots since the 2016's are already being delivered to dealer inventories. The 2015MY is not the issue here, it is the 2016MY that is. One of the big questions would be, what are your discounts going to be after July 15th on the 2016 models?

The $750 rebate will not show up till the new program starts on July 15th. Ken posted the actual dealer message from GM so there shouldn't be any confusion.

Like I said, our prices are already at or below Supplier Pricing for most cars. Getting the $750 makes our deals better than if you had the Credit Union pricing. Dave
You certainly clarified the position only at Kerbeck on discounts and the extra $750 rebate. This address's your business model and does not suggest that other dealerships across the USA will sell at the same price points that Kerbeck is willing to do. This why your probably #1 in Corvette sales in the USA and have created such a large volume dealership. Retail business is all about volume sales, and Kerbeck certainly is a large volume dealership. You have proven business model, that other dealerships will not apply the same principles of business. .

So use my website to get your local dealer to lower his price! Lots have done it, I don't mind! Dave
Probably a good idea, but many dealers don't care what you sell your C7's at, as they are smaller low volume dealers who can't afford to discount at the same percentages as Kerbeck. Not all of the sales of the Corvette models come from Kerbeck. There is a wide distribution of sales across the country as many potential buyers don't want deal so far out state. While Kerbeck is a high volume dealer and #1 in sales, the overall percentage of Kerbeck sales to the 35,000 Corvettes sold in 2014 & 2015 is small in percentage terms. Thus, the sales figures show that the majority of sales are derived from a mulitude of dealerships based across the USA.

Thanks for the reply. There are still many questions that have to be answered by so many dealerships across the country ref this issue.

Last edited by nmvettec7; 07-03-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

Dave
Dave,

Can you use both the $750 rebate and the Points from a GM card?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by Raiderh20boy
I'm not concerned about your 2015 prices as I have a 2016 ordered with a TPW of 7-13 and that is my concern.
I am referring to 2016 prices!

We don't have a set percentage, it changes from car to car. But, as an example we have a 2016 Z51 Coupe with a MSRP of $72,455 that we are selling for $67,041. Than, I have a FE2 car with a MSRP of $70,350 that we are selling for $63,937.

The $750 rebate I talked about would come off of either one of those prices. On the Z51 the rebate would put you right around the Supplier Price. On the FE2, you'd be well below it.

Most of our 2016 inventory is online but the prices are not up yet. It takes time to go back and figure out the price of the cars after we already ordered them, but I'm working on it. If you see a car on our website that you like, email me the order number and I'll send you the price.

Dave
Old 07-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy
Dave,

Can you use both the $750 rebate and the Points from a GM card?

Thanks
I don't know yet. If you asked me to guess I'd say yes, but I won't know until July 15th when we can use the look up tool. That tool shows all available programs and when you click one, it darkens all of the ones that are not compatible. My guess is it will be which is another bonus because you couldn't use those GM points with the old program.

Dave
Old 07-03-2015, 05:48 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

I don't know yet. If you asked me to guess I'd say yes, but I won't know until July 15th when we can use the look up tool. That tool shows all available programs and when you click one, it darkens all of the ones that are not compatible. My guess is it will be which is another bonus because you couldn't use those GM points with the old program.

Dave
Dave:

If a dealer did have Supplier pricing or CU pricing which is usually a 9% discount off MRSP, does the dealership (yours or any other) get a reimbursement from GM for honoring that CU discount as on the 2015 models that you sold prior to July 14th, 2015?

If so, what is the percentage reimbursement?

Can you disclose this?
Old 07-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Dave@Ciocca

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Dave:

If a dealer did have Supplier pricing or CU pricing which is usually a 9% discount off MRSP, does the dealership (yours or any other) get a reimbursement from GM for honoring that CU discount as on the 2015 models that you sold prior to July 14th, 2015?

If so, what is the percentage reimbursement?

Can you disclose this?
Yes they would, provided that the dealer was invoiced on the car and the customer completed the transaction prior to the end of the program.

However, do the best of my knowledge, no 2016 Corvettes have been invoiced yet. I know none of mine have so even if the car was here on July 14th, if I wasn't invoiced than I don't own it and can't sell it to you.

Basically, I can't report the car sold if it's not showing in my GM inventory and it can't show in my inventory if it hasn't been invoiced.

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To GM Credit Union Member Offer

Old 07-03-2015, 06:32 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Yes they would, provided that the dealer was invoiced on the car and the customer completed the transaction prior to the end of the program.

However, do the best of my knowledge, no 2016 Corvettes have been invoiced yet. I know none of mine have so even if the car was here on July 14th, if I wasn't invoiced than I don't own it and can't sell it to you.

Basically, I can't report the car sold if it's not showing in my GM inventory and it can't show in my inventory if it hasn't been invoiced.

Dave
Thanks for the reply, as we now know the dealership gets some reimbursement.

What is the percentage reimbursement?

Can you disclose this?
Old 07-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I guess you haven't checked out our 2015 prices!

Dave
I believe you wrote 2015 prices
Old 07-03-2015, 06:44 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

In many cases this is a better deal if you work for a supplier and belong to a C/U, you would be able to work the deal C/U or Supplier that saves you most.

Quick Reply: GM Credit Union Member Offer