Sponsored by:

VIDEO - 2016 Front Curb Camera's / Apple Car Play

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 01:20 AM
docprego
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by oldvette343
Rick, great job with the video. I have tried the car play with my iPhone 5 just enough to know I have much to learn. Very impressed with the voice recognition and how it handles request. The front camera works great as long as there is good definition as when the curb starts. We have what they call rolling curbs and curb identification is sometime difficult. But for regular curbs it's a front end saver. Thanks again.
How about a video of that CarPlay and front camera in action? I'd like to see CarPlay and another video of the front camera can't hurt!

Thank you
Old 07-16-2015, 02:36 AM
Glen1224
Burning Brakes

Location: Lower Macungie Township ; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the info. I knew carplay was coming; how did the others miss that?
This means that if I buy a 2016 I'd also have to buy a smart phone. Heck; I don't even own a dumb phone!
Old 07-16-2015, 05:18 AM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Do the guidelines on the back-up/reverse camera curve/bend when you turn the steering wheel to show the trajectory/path that the car will follow while reversing or are they always just straight? Gf's Mazda has these guidelines straight/unchanging all the time with no such curving while my current car does, hence the query.

This might be a somewhat dumb query about the reverse camera (I know this thread focuses more on the front curb cams), apologies if this has already been answered. Coming from someone who doesn't own a C7 yet but has done a few test drives and never bothered checking it out. The only forum threads I found on the reverse camera show the pictures with the guidelines straight.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:34 AM
Bencher
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Great info Rick. Thanks.

Wonder if Apple play can be integrated into the 2014/15 models with a firmware update.

Originally Posted by graj6
Do the guidelines on the back-up/reverse camera curve/bend when you turn the steering wheel to show the trajectory/path that the car will follow while reversing or are they always just straight? Gf's Mazda has these guidelines straight/unchanging all the time with no such curving while my current car does, hence the query.

This might be a somewhat dumb query about the reverse camera (I know this thread focuses more on the front curb cams), apologies if this has already been answered. Coming from someone who doesn't own a C7 yet but has done a few test drives and never bothered checking it out. The only forum threads I found on the reverse camera show the pictures with the guidelines straight.
Yes they bend to compensate for trajectory.

Last edited by Bencher; 07-16-2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:03 AM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Bencher
Yes they bend to compensate for trajectory.
Thank you!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:00 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by 99ta316
Thanks Rick. Great video and information. On a side note, I swore I would never buy a black car again because of the time to keep it clean, but the black with silver stripes looks damn sharp.
Thanks I plan on getting some sweet shots of it today, I'll post them later
Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Glen1224
Thanks for the info. I knew carplay was coming; how did the others miss that?
This means that if I buy a 2016 I'd also have to buy a smart phone. Heck; I don't even own a dumb phone!
Yeah GM announced back in May, its pretty, get yourself a smart phone, fun stuff!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by docprego
How about a video of that CarPlay and front camera in action? I'd like to see CarPlay and another video of the front camera can't hurt!

Thank you
more to come for sure, just wanted to get the intro up as we got the car so you folks had a little idea.....thank-you
Old 07-16-2015, 09:02 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by astonius
Hi Rick, thanks for the video. Could you tell if the new system has a capacitive touch screen or if it still uses resistive touch? Does the system feel more responsive overall?
need to play with it more, but yes it does seem to be working great!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:04 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dbdave
Seeing that hatch pull down work was like a dagger. The only real disappointment I have with my '14 was they took it out compared to the C6. Oh, I wish I had one!

The front camera and Carplay, not so much.

Thanks, Rick. That was very good.
Waiting for more.
thank-you Dave and everyone that appreciate our efforts, it is my commitment to you to be your National Corvette rep, we are always in the top mix of things and its great company and a blast communicating with so many of you that get it!

Last edited by RickConti@Coughlin; 07-16-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: VIDEO - 2016 Front Curb Camera's / Apple Car Play