Sponsored by:

This Car Wants To Go Fast

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 02:33 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by LDYSTIG
I did a third gear pull around two cars who were playing, "let's be buddy buddy and go 66 in the two far left lanes on the highway!" Looked down and I was going 96 (in Mexico, of course ) almost instantly. This car is just stupid fast, I can't imagine what the guys in the Z06's feel like...
The Z06 has to feel like A jet 0-60 2.9 seconds.
I wouldn't doubt if you put wings on it,that it would come off the ground.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:38 PM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by sanantguy
I have zero doubt the vette beats the G in the performance category. I rate a car by more than just that alone. Though my G has had no issue doing 120 as easily as it does 80 on the highway.

And actually the lower you are to the ground, the faster it seems your going.
My model was quite old so the technology was pretty outdated. My Bose speakers were terrible and there was never enough bass. I was really upset because I also missed the Bluetooth integration by one model year. I do think the seats were a bit more comfortable, but the quality of the leather didn't look as good as the vette.

I always felt that it swayed quite a bit past 80. My 6MT also came with the Sport tuned suspension, 19" wheels and tires so they were slightly larger than the regular model. But with the vette's wider tires and frame, it just feels safer. I guess it would just feel kind of strange to buy one again after having a vette. If I need to haul people, I have an SUV for that.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:44 PM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sanantguy
****, my G37 gets to 90 accelerating around people easily. This thing better blow my mind when she comes in. I'm not upgrading from a prius here.
I upgraded from a G37 Sport. Trust me I thought the G was a sporty car...it's not. You will be pleased. Congrats on the purchase.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:46 PM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by thrilled
The Z06 has to feel like A jet 0-60 2.9 seconds.
I wouldn't doubt if you put wings on it,that it would come off the ground.
Actually 3.3 for the 7-sp, 3.8 for the 7-sp Stingray..per GM numbers, We keep up pretty good.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:55 PM
docprego
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 82 Posts

Default This Car Wants To Go Fast

Originally Posted by motomanvette
Actually 3.3 for the 7-sp, 3.8 for the 7-sp Stingray..per GM numbers, We keep up pretty good.
That astonished me. The Stingray is only .5 second slower to 60???? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, I guess I didn't fully realize how fast the Stingray is!
Old 07-19-2015, 05:11 AM
shodanjr_gr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The C7 is absurdly fast (I'm coming from a V6 Mustang, not the fastest thing but still decent at 300hp at the crank). The main issue I have is that it's so well planted and relatively quiet at ridiculous speeds that you don't realize you're getting to felony-level speeding territory by leaning on the gas pedal a little bit. Basically if you want the car to sound and FEEL like it's going fast, you either have to hoon it by keeping it in low gears while doing sane speeds or you have to break the law in a very substantial way.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:19 AM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by shodanjr_gr
The C7 is absurdly fast (I'm coming from a V6 Mustang, not the fastest thing but still decent at 300hp at the crank). The main issue I have is that it's so well planted and relatively quiet at ridiculous speeds that you don't realize you're getting to felony-level speeding territory by leaning on the gas pedal a little bit. Basically if you want the car to sound and FEEL like it's going fast, you either have to hoon it by keeping it in low gears while doing sane speeds or you have to break the law in a very substantial way.
Most folks don't realize that if they get caught doin' triple digits they are going for a ride in the back of a police car and their baby is getting towed.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:00 AM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by juanvaldez
Most folks don't realize that if they get caught doin' triple digits they are going for a ride in the back of a police car and their baby is getting towed.
Not to bad.Many states see the commissioner get out on your own reconssiance.I haven't heard when they tow your car that they keep it,
Not for reckless driving.Go from comm office to impound lot and away you
Go.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:50 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by shodanjr_gr
Exactly, I was having fun on an on ramp to umm a highway in Mexico thinking cool that was fun, must be doing 90ish, I was doing 110. I look in the rear view and a pimped out mustang GT was trying to hang.

Quick Reply: This Car Wants To Go Fast