Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z51 Brakes Don't Have Bite on First Stop?

Old 07-18-2015, 02:58 AM
dironvictorious
CF Senior Member

Default Z51 Brakes Don't Have Bite on First Stop?

I know performance rotors and pads take time to warm up. I also am light on brakes, and often coast to stop or coming up on slower traffic. Of course, with this car you often don't want to slow do too much before turns

I find my brakes don't have bit and are bit soft for first inch of travel, especially if haven't brake hard in a while. The stopping distances are fine, even from high speeds and peddle gets firmer further press it. Is this just normal for car and my driving style?

I don't get any squealing or squeaking, or vibrating. I will occasionally get not so much a grinding or scrapings, but more like a scuffing sound -- as if leaving pad material on clean rotor or breaking rust old material free.

The car only has 6700 miles and pads/rotors look good.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:49 PM
dironvictorious
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dironvictorious View Post
I know performance rotors and pads take time to warm up. I also am light on brakes, and often coast to stop or coming up on slower traffic. Of course, with this car you often don't want to slow do too much before turns

I find my brakes don't have bit and are bit soft for first inch of travel, especially if haven't brake hard in a while. The stopping distances are fine, even from high speeds and peddle gets firmer further press it. Is this just normal for car and my driving style?

I don't get any squealing or squeaking, or vibrating. I will occasionally get not so much a grinding or scrapings, but more like a scuffing sound -- as if leaving pad material on clean rotor or breaking rust old material free.

The car only has 6700 miles and pads/rotors look good.
To the top, any thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z51 Brakes Don't Have Bite on First Stop?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: