Sponsored by:

Auto Dimming Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:08 AM
marcouvo
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Auto Dimming Mirror

I have a 2LT. Is it possible to covert the passenger side exterior mirror to auto dimming like the driver's side? If so, anyone know what's involved?
Old 07-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

I never understood why Chevy does not put autodim on both sides like other cars come out-of-the-box. Bean counters I guess as usual.

I have never heard of anyone doing it. I would think it would not be cheap or easy. One would have to buy the driver's side glass, then pull the entire door and mirror apart and run wiring to the leads that control the driver's side in the dash. I am not positive if/how the driver's side glass would fit on the pass side. It might be easier to find a driver's mirror from a bone yard than buy just the new glass. You would have to be pretty confident doing electrical work to attempt it.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:31 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by marcouvo
I have a 2LT. Is it possible to covert the passenger side exterior mirror to auto dimming like the driver's side? If so, anyone know what's involved?
Hmm. The glass is not symmetrical top to bottom, don't see how the drivers glass would fit the passenger side housing without trimming-assuming that is possible. Might make a cardboard template and check. In addition you'd loose the magnifying right side mirror feature. If I had my choice would use a magnifying left side mirror some European cars, sold in Europe employ. They are illegal in the US.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:26 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

If your mirrors are adjusted properly you get little headlight reflection from that side...or I just don't notice it. lol

Get notified of new replies

To Auto Dimming Mirror

Quick Reply: Auto Dimming Mirror