Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Dimming Mirror

Old 07-18-2015, 09:08 AM
marcouvo
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Auto Dimming Mirror

I have a 2LT. Is it possible to covert the passenger side exterior mirror to auto dimming like the driver's side? If so, anyone know what's involved?
Old 07-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Flame Red
CF Senior Member

I never understood why Chevy does not put autodim on both sides like other cars come out-of-the-box. Bean counters I guess as usual.

I have never heard of anyone doing it. I would think it would not be cheap or easy. One would have to buy the driver's side glass, then pull the entire door and mirror apart and run wiring to the leads that control the driver's side in the dash. I am not positive if/how the driver's side glass would fit on the pass side. It might be easier to find a driver's mirror from a bone yard than buy just the new glass. You would have to be pretty confident doing electrical work to attempt it.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:31 AM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 2,508 Times in 1,857 Posts

Originally Posted by marcouvo View Post
I have a 2LT. Is it possible to covert the passenger side exterior mirror to auto dimming like the driver's side? If so, anyone know what's involved?
Hmm. The glass is not symmetrical top to bottom, don't see how the drivers glass would fit the passenger side housing without trimming-assuming that is possible. Might make a cardboard template and check. In addition you'd loose the magnifying right side mirror feature. If I had my choice would use a magnifying left side mirror some European cars, sold in Europe employ. They are illegal in the US.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:26 AM
hawkgfr
CF Senior Member

If your mirrors are adjusted properly you get little headlight reflection from that side...or I just don't notice it. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto Dimming Mirror

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: