Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acceleration issue....

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 09:37 AM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

Yea, I've noticed that flaw, too. Especially the one Scottsh mentions.

As for your traffic light issue, be aware the problem you describe is indicative of an incurable disease.

You can put the car in E or W mode, but remember, neither E nor W are a absolute cure. Consider them more like a just a breathing mask/filter. When the minivan drivers see the filter, they will inherently understand you are taking steps to ensure you do not infect the general population, so they will feel better.

You can also set the exhaust to stealth mode, so you don't disturb the Bach Concerto being listened to in the nearby Prius....

As a bonus, stealth mode is guaranteed to not offend the 2 liter muffler drivers.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:52 PM
r75vet
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Acceleration issue....

That's the best explanation I've seen so far. Those remedies would beat out starting in third gear However, I may be beyond cure at this point. I called my doctor and he can't help my ego or my coordination either. He offered some home remedies but they sounded about as appealing as driving with 4 cyl. and a stealth exhaust. After a lot of thought I've decided to remove all mirrors and to never look back. Problem solved.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:21 PM
BUBear
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r75vet
I've noticed that when I pull up to a stop light on a four lane road I almost always experience an acceleration issue. I am not trying to race off the line but by the time I shift to second without having used 1/4 of my throttle I'm generally 3 to 4 car lengths in front of the other drivers. This car seems to be deceptively quick because I don't feel like I'm going fast at all. I'm not complaining it just makes me laugh. I'm really not trying to race the minivan but I'm sure they think I'm showing off!
My thought is, let the other lane go first. You will most likely catch up and pass but as long as you are not exceeding the speed limit, you shouldn't be embarrassed. I think where folks get a bad rap is when they press on the accelerator in a way that causes the engine to be loud and obnoxious when passing (esp when not on a hwy). So don't do 60 in a 30 but if you happen to beat the next guy to 30 after letting him go first, you shouldn't be embarrassed about any. JMO

Quick Reply: Acceleration issue....