Questions Employee Program Discount

Old 08-04-2015, 07:16 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Questions Employee Program Discount

Has anyone enjoyed the GM employee pricing discount who can offer suggestions and comments about how the program works, and the best way to make the most of it?

I know the dealers' participation in the program is voluntary, but IF the dealer does participate, would the discount amount be the same across the board, or can the savings differ?

Where is best to find out about how this program works?

Thank you.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:33 PM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

Employee pricing is set in stone. The dealer should be able to show you invoice which will tell you not only the Employee price as well as Supplier. You also can get the $750 rebate for credit union if you are with one. Just make sure you you know the employee price and that you work with dealer who is upfront about cost.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:53 PM
cumbercr
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by cor66vette
Has anyone enjoyed the GM employee pricing discount who can offer suggestions and comments about how the program works, and the best way to make the most of it?

I know the dealers' participation in the program is voluntary, but IF the dealer does participate, would the discount amount be the same across the board, or can the savings differ?

Where is best to find out about how this program works?

Thank you.
Go to GMFamilyFirst.com. You'll find the MSRP and employee pricing. 2016 pricing has not been loaded yet. It really is a great program. Not only do you get the discount, but you also get to take advantage of rebates and financing. And there's no haggling.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:38 AM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cumbercr
Go to GMFamilyFirst.com. You'll find the MSRP and employee pricing. 2016 pricing has not been loaded yet. It really is a great program. Not only do you get the discount, but you also get to take advantage of rebates and financing. And there's no haggling.
Thanks for that link. Would you know if this is a family AND FRIENDS discount program, or just for FAMILY?
Old 08-05-2015, 08:39 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you actually an employee because if you aren't you can't take advantage of the program. If you know an employee they can extend you a friends and family discount which is supplier price.

I find it odd that a real employee would come here for answers when there's an entire department within GM that can give you the real answers.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:43 AM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mjw930
Are you actually an employee because if you aren't you can't take advantage of the program. If you know an employee they can extend you a friends and family discount which is supplier price.

I find it odd that a real employee would come here for answers when there's an entire department within GM that can give you the real answers.

You are correct, it would be odd. I doubtless used the wrong terminology.

I am a friend of a retired GM employee.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:43 AM
cumbercr
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

You don't have to be the employee. The benefit is for employees and their family to include spouse, children and grandchildren. My father is retired GM. I have bought several cars using GMS pricing. My daughter also used the plan. The rules are on the website.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:50 AM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cumbercr
You don't have to be the employee. The benefit is for employees and their family to include spouse, children and grandchildren. My father is retired GM. I have bought several cars using GMS pricing. My daughter also used the plan. The rules are on the website.

Looks like FRIENDS isn't on the list of eligible purchasers.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:55 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Actually, if you know an executive and you are trading in another make, there are times when you can get Employee pricing..Otherwise Supplier or friends discount is all you can get
Old 08-05-2015, 09:02 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cor66vette
Looks like FRIENDS isn't on the list of eligible purchasers.
Yes, Friends are eligible, every employee can extend the friends and family discount which is the equivalent of Supplier pricing. Here's a link to the flier: https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/GMVPP2...ends-Flyer.pdf

Go here to see what the costs are, Note, 2016 pricing is not loaded yet for the Corvette and will be 3% higher than what you see on the 2015's. https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/
Old 08-05-2015, 09:59 AM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Yes, Friends are eligible, every employee can extend the friends and family discount which is the equivalent of Supplier pricing. Here's a link to the flier: https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/GMVPP2...ends-Flyer.pdf

Go here to see what the costs are, Note, 2016 pricing is not loaded yet for the Corvette and will be 3% higher than what you see on the 2015's. https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/
Thanks to the links you provided, I found out that the company from where I retired is a "GM Supplier" and as a result I am entitled to a discount which is the same as the "Friends" discount, so no need to involve my friend.

I see that these discounts are applicable against MSRP. May I assume that some dealers offer cars below MSRP anyway, and might equal any type of sponsored "discount"?

I didn't see anything on the sites about the $750 credit union discount. Is that discount applied if the CU is used to finance the car, because 3.9% is offered by GM?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Get notified of new replies

To Questions Employee Program Discount

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions Employee Program Discount