Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED lighting system

Old 10-31-2015, 04:16 PM
cashcrew
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LED lighting system

I am looking for feedback about L.E.D lighting systems on the new C7. I had a system "Professionally" installed. The system was purchased from West coast Corvette. Just recently, I have experienced the vehicle refusing to start. 1x the dash display said "Depress Clutch" and "Service Rear axle." If you put the ebrake on....it would lock up the rear end up. But, for what ever reason, it started. I took it to the dealer & they claimed to have corrected the problem. Just this week, it once again, refused to start. Then, surprisingly it started w/no messages in the dash display, expect now its showing the dreaded "Check Engine" light, but it started. I contacted the dealer and now their telling me its because of the L.E.D. lighting system. I don't feel that's the case because the C7 has been running all spring & summer w/o any incidents of not starting. Now, all of a sudden it's suppose to be the lighting system? If the lighting system was the problem why did it take 5 months for it to start acting like this? It would of done this from the jump when it was installed. The custom shop I had do the work stands by their work & will do whatever needs to be done if it's actually the lighting system. I just don't see it being the cause because I don't think West Coast Corvette would knowingly sell items that would harm the vehicle. Corvettes are all they deal with, so I know they wouldn't risk their reputation in our arena.
Attached Images   

Last edited by cashcrew; 10-31-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:31 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Didn't you have other stuff done to your ride too?
Old 10-31-2015, 05:31 PM
cashcrew
Instructor

Default L.E.D Lighting system

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
Didn't you have other stuff done to your ride too?
Yes, I've had other cosmetic touches done. Such as; she's been lowered 2.75 inches(the body was lowered, not the suspension). She has custom 3-piece forged Asanti rims, which by the way are the factory specs 19x8.5 front & 20x10 Rear. I did not want to pull away from any factory specs, thereby throwing the computer calibration off. I also had 'ShowStoppers" custom air brush the under hood fuel rails & center plume & some other cosmetic touches. the foot well lighting is L.E.D also, w/the cargo bay having L.E.D lighting. The under hood shroud is also custom made by RPI designs. The exhaust panel is also L.E.D lit, as is the licences plate. She also has Carbon fiber side skirts & front splitter. There is also L.E.D. lighting in the front grille. Lastly, I have a state-of-the-art radar system by Beltronics...gotta tell you Rooster, this thing is amazing. It has a 360 degree jamming device so the police radar will only read out "ERROR." I have not received one ticket or been stopped for excessive speed. It tells you way before they pick you up, that they are their. Its been operating just fine since all of this was done. Now, all of a sudden, it's the lighting system? At least one thing was corrected, its not "Rolling" any longer while in gear w/the e brake on. It's done that 2x, causing cosmetic damage, but GM paid for the repairs. The dealer assessed the C7 for themselves & witnessed the "Rolling" issue. Still to this day they don't know the source of this problem. They say there have been no other reported incidents of "Rolling." Thx Rooster!!!!
Attached Images   
Old 11-01-2015, 01:01 PM
tkaelin
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any pics of the front and sides of your car taken at night? I'd love to see what the LEDs look like from about 15-20 yds away. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:26 PM
cashcrew
Instructor

Default L.E.D Lighting

Originally Posted by tkaelin
Do you have any pics of the front and sides of your car taken at night? I'd love to see what the LEDs look like from about 15-20 yds away. Thanks.
As you can tell...those 2 pics are of the hood L.E.D & the side cove L.E.D lighting. Here is a rear end shot. By the way, love the L.E.D lighting system....it really sets it apart from the other bland looking machines. By the way, if you know of anyone wishing to buy a set of stock factory Z51 rim & tire set...send them my way. For whatever reason today...the system is not allowing me to upload any pic? If you send me a email address, I can send it through that ave.

Last edited by cashcrew; 11-01-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:32 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by cashcrew
I am looking for feedback about L.E.D lighting systems on the new C7. I had a system "Professionally" installed. The system was purchased from West coast Corvette. Just recently, I have experienced the vehicle refusing to start. 1x the dash display said "Depress Clutch" and "Service Rear axle." If you put the ebrake on....it would lock up the rear end up. But, for what ever reason, it started. I took it to the dealer & they claimed to have corrected the problem. Just this week, it once again, refused to start. Then, surprisingly it started w/no messages in the dash display, expect now its showing the dreaded "Check Engine" light, but it started. I contacted the dealer and now their telling me its because of the L.E.D. lighting system. I don't feel that's the case because the C7 has been running all spring & summer w/o any incidents of not starting. Now, all of a sudden it's suppose to be the lighting system? If the lighting system was the problem why did it take 5 months for it to start acting like this? It would of done this from the jump when it was installed. The custom shop I had do the work stands by their work & will do whatever needs to be done if it's actually the lighting system. I just don't see it being the cause because I don't think West Coast Corvette would knowingly sell items that would harm the vehicle. Corvettes are all they deal with, so I know they wouldn't risk their reputation in our arena.
to each his own ....just will never get the idea of spending a considerable amount of money on a brand new product , and start taking it apart and or adding on to to it...enough can can go wrong with this computer on wheels as it is ...
Old 11-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Black&White
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 96 Posts

Oh Myyy that's a lot of LEDs....
Old 11-01-2015, 01:36 PM
cashcrew
Instructor

Originally Posted by bbcb
to each his own ....just will never get the idea of spending a considerable amount of money on a brand new product , and start taking it apart and or adding on to to it...enough can can go wrong with this computer on wheels as it is ...
My apologies bbcb....I was rude to you. I am sorry

Last edited by cashcrew; 11-02-2015 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:40 PM
cashcrew
Instructor

Originally Posted by tkaelin
The look at night is awesome
Attached Images   
Old 11-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,356 Likes on 784 Posts

Good lord that is a lot of cheesiness.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:00 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

That's because I do not wish to be just another plain Jane on the blvd. To each his own......your a follower & not a leader, that's not hard to tell. Led the lamb to slaughter.
that was rather rude and uncalled for ....btw I already own a Christmas tree ...thank you ..
Old 11-01-2015, 04:33 PM
cashcrew
Instructor

Originally Posted by bbcb
that was rather rude and uncalled for ....btw I already own a Christmas tree ...thank you ..
That's the difference between you & I, you'll settle for some else's design, rather put your own signature on it. You are what is known as a COWARD!!!! The fact that you still believe in Santa Clause & all that Christmas **** tells me....you can't think for your damn self. And I bet your dumb *** is still making payments...well I paid for mine in cash...hence the name CASHCREW!!!! If you don't know...you better ask somebody

Last edited by cashcrew; 11-01-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:36 PM
555ctsv
Burning Brakes

Received 785 Likes on 340 Posts

Wow man simmer down. Not everyone is going to like it and that "should" be ok.

I think the glow from a distance looks cool but up close on the hood vent the fact that you can see that actual lights is a deal killer for me.

Last edited by 555ctsv; 11-01-2015 at 06:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tron1 (05-07-2016)
Old 11-01-2015, 05:13 PM
jcthorne
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 238 Posts

The look at night is awesome
Glad you think so....
Old 11-01-2015, 05:27 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

That's the difference between you & I, you'll settle for some else's design, rather put your own signature on it. You are what is known as a COWARD!!!! The fact that you still believe in Santa Clause & all that Christmas **** tells me....you can't think for your damn self. And I bet your dumb *** is still making payments...well I paid for mine in cash...hence the name CASHCREW!!!! If you don't know...you better ask somebody
please review your original post .. " looking for feedback " ..gave you my opinion in a very civil way ... Obviously you were not " looking for feedback "...but were in search of compliments ...

regarding "paying with cash for your car " big deal ..that goofy comment along with the other foolish comments and allegations do not even deserve a response...
Old 11-01-2015, 05:45 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

I agree with you, I do not see how it could be the LED's if it has been 5 months and everything has been okay. Not sure what your options are, perhaps finding a dealer that knows what they are doing.
As for the overall look of your Vette I like it, good luck getting it fixed.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:46 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

That's because I do not wish to be just another plain Jane on the blvd. To each his own......your a follower & not a leader, that's not hard to tell. Led the lamb to slaughter.
LOL. Trying to demean people because their opinion differs from yours. Very cool. NOT. If your car is the "leader" then I'll choose not to follow, thank you. Having money to mod doesn't equal good taste.

The dealer's told you what they think the problem is. No one on this forum is likely to be able to diagnose this problem remotely. Either have the shop that installed the LEDs disconnect them, and see if your problem goes away, or find another shop and pay them to diagnose the problem.

And try not to call them names if you don't like what they tell you.

And you're an a**hole. Again, just because someone doesn't like your mods is no reason to insult them. He's entitled to his opinion, as you are to yours. Many of us would argue that Chevy's stylists are far more talented than you are. Tacky is as tacky does, and a**hole is as a**hole does. You've proven to everyone what you are.

Last edited by meyerweb; 11-01-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To LED lighting system

Old 11-01-2015, 05:56 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

I don't feel that's the case because the C7 has been running all spring & summer w/o any incidents of not starting. Now, all of a sudden it's suppose to be the lighting system? If the lighting system was the problem why did it take 5 months for it to start acting like this? It would of done this from the jump when it was installed.
Don't have much experience with electrical issues, I guess. They can arise at any time. A connections that was dry could now have water in it. A wire that's been rubbing against something for 5 months could have finally worn through the insulation and have an intermittent short. I could come up with half a dozen more possibilities.

But it seems that you only want answers that fit your desired outcome.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:03 PM
555ctsv
Burning Brakes

Received 785 Likes on 340 Posts

Yeah randomly pulling out the "i have a lot of money" card when someone disagrees with you is a pretty immature move. Coming from several other forums i can say there's a certain perception of this forum in particular. Cashcrew's latest comments completely reiterate that perception unfortunately.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:10 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 555ctsv
Yeah randomly pulling out the "i have a lot of money" card when someone disagrees with you is a pretty immature move. Coming from several other forums i can say there's a certain perception of this forum in particular. Cashcrew's latest comments completely reiterate that perception unfortunately.
All I have to ad is ....if he only knew ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED lighting system