Sponsored by:

Performance Chips

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 02:57 PM
jmoses52
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Performance Chips

I have a 2015 Z51 Auto. Are there any performance chips in the market that allow me to change the transmission settings along with whatever it does. I have been having transmission issues where the car does not shift properly and jerks when I put it in drive. Service is only able to reset the learning part of the transmission which fixes the issue for about 3-4 weeks then the problem comes back. Just want a one stop fix for these transmission issues along with getting more power to my car.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoses52
I have a 2015 Z51 Auto. Are there any performance chips in the market that allow me to change the transmission settings along with whatever it does. I have been having transmission issues where the car does not shift properly and jerks when I put it in drive. Service is only able to reset the learning part of the transmission which fixes the issue for about 3-4 weeks then the problem comes back. Just want a one stop fix for these transmission issues along with getting more power to my car.
'Chips' no longer apply to newer cars, but the computers can be 'tuned' or 'reprogrammed' for sure. You can get some help from those on the forum who have had their cars tuned.

However, your dealer may need to install a program update that is designed to fix the type of issue you relate. My '15 C7 has not had this issue, but the dealer made certain that all updates are done. My wife's '15 Yukon Denali with the A8 had the 'hard shift' issue. They actually had a recall on hers and installed an new internal wiring harness on it - problem solved.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:45 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,276 Likes on 13,957 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Hopper12
'Chips' no longer apply to newer cars, but the computers can be 'tuned' or 'reprogrammed' for sure. You can get some help from those on the forum who have had their cars tuned.

However, your dealer may need to install a program update that is designed to fix the type of issue you relate. My '15 C7 has not had this issue, but the dealer made certain that all updates are done. My wife's '15 Yukon Denali with the A8 had the 'hard shift' issue. They actually had a recall on hers and installed an new internal wiring harness on it - problem solved.

Hope this helps.
Good luck getting this fixed.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Chips

Quick Reply: Performance Chips