Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,158 Likes on 2,250 Posts
Default How-To Tuesday: C7 Replacement Mirrors - CorvetteForum

For those who may have missed this DIY article

How-To Tuesday: C7 Replacement Mirrors - CorvetteForum

"Let’s start this by saying that I sincerely hope you are reading this because you want to upgrade your mirrors, and not because you are required to replace them. The C7 Corvette may be considered by some as the best vehicle to ever come out of General Motors; as many of you know, the praise has been well-deserved. There are a few of you out there, though, who still feel the need to upgrade and change your Corvette. And you know what? I think that’s fantastic.

One of the things that continues to make the Corvette great is the passionate enthusiast community that is always looking to take the car beyond its factory perimeters. That’s true even with side mirrors. You may find it surprising, but there is a large market for replacement side mirrors on all generations, not just the C7.

Carbon fiber mirrors are among the hottest of aftermarket choices. General Motors is not likely to make carbon fiber a factory installed option on each Corvette, the expense is just too prohibitive to make it standard. There’s a reason the ZO6 and the previous ZR1 had these details beyond simply weight (although that may be reason number one). It looks good!

I hope that I’ve whetted your proverbial appetite on this topic, because we have just the article for you. There are several steps in replacing your side mirrors, but the project isn’t as difficult as you may have imagined. Making your Corvette stand out from the next guy at the show can be easier than you think. So take a read through this week’s How-To Tuesday article. Add some carbon fiber, or not. Just don’t say that we didn’t give you everything you needed in order to take your ride to the next level
"

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...ement-mirrors/

C7 Corvette How to Replace Side Mirrors - DIY Instructions from Corvetteforum
https://www.corvetteforum.com/how-to...mirrors-375864

Quick Reply: How-To Tuesday: C7 Replacement Mirrors - CorvetteForum