Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Update Failure

Old 06-25-2016, 06:50 AM
Steve2150
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Navigation Update Failure

First let me say the company OEM I got my Navigation HMI and Radio Module are really great, fantastic customer service and technical support, highly recommended if you decide to add navigation. I have a 2015 and decided to add Navigation and car play/android auto. I decided to have the chevy dealer do the installation as I was afraid of breaking trim. Advice, do it yourself. Well after a few trips and replacement of the splitter with a gps antenna the Nav and the android auto worked great, it would not work with the splitter that uses the onstar antenna as the Onstar gps was not working with everything connected. With gps antenna they sent me the Nav and android auto worked great and as an added plus now had HD FM, but onstar could not locate me and had the red light on the mirror. I connected the original HMI module and onstar still did not work, when the dealer put back my original radio module onstar started working so it seems the radio module interfered with onstar, maybe the android auto who knows. Guess I should have just gotten the Nav only but reading the forum seems no one else had the same problem I had, I originally was thinking the dealer tech did something wrong as he took over 5+ hours to install everything which cost me more then the radio module addition and gonna charge me for reinstalling original equipment. Advice do it yourself and definitely get the equipment from OEMParts.
The following users liked this post:
cam30era (06-25-2016)
Old 10-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Bfon1987
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve2150
First let me say the company OEM I got my Navigation HMI and Radio Module are really great, fantastic customer service and technical support, highly recommended if you decide to add navigation. I have a 2015 and decided to add Navigation and car play/android auto. I decided to have the chevy dealer do the installation as I was afraid of breaking trim. Advice, do it yourself. Well after a few trips and replacement of the splitter with a gps antenna the Nav and the android auto worked great, it would not work with the splitter that uses the onstar antenna as the Onstar gps was not working with everything connected. With gps antenna they sent me the Nav and android auto worked great and as an added plus now had HD FM, but onstar could not locate me and had the red light on the mirror. I connected the original HMI module and onstar still did not work, when the dealer put back my original radio module onstar started working so it seems the radio module interfered with onstar, maybe the android auto who knows. Guess I should have just gotten the Nav only but reading the forum seems no one else had the same problem I had, I originally was thinking the dealer tech did something wrong as he took over 5+ hours to install everything which cost me more then the radio module addition and gonna charge me for reinstalling original equipment. Advice do it yourself and definitely get the equipment from OEMParts.
Steve -
I bought the 2016 NG 2.5 HMI w/o the added module for Apple Play/Android Auto. Didn't want to use data from cell phone to mirror functions to head unit.Also was told weather & traffic are an extra cost from XM radio. Oh Well! Getting it installed at a custom sound shop I've been dealing with for over 15 years. Question? Did you gain or lose any functions you had before the change? I got instructions to let car run 5 min then shut down for 10min. Guess this is a procedure to load maps. Just curious if you're pleased with new system. Should I expect any other quirks? I hate swapping out stuff that doesn't maintain an OEM feel. Thanks for any input.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:06 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

ive done a few GM trucks [added nav] and sometimes the onstar goes red,,hook up everything and drive it for a few days,ive had them go green [not everyone ,but some]

Get notified of new replies

To Navigation Update Failure

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation Update Failure