Memory Seat Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 04:44 PM
rickriada
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by ExtraCrispy
If you are having the issue that, when you get in and start your vette, the seat moves a smidge and then stops and doesn't go to your preferred preset... Here is the fix..

You need to reset your "exit" preset.

To do this: Move your seat all the way back to the stop, then move it forward a smidge. Then press "Mem" and quickly "exit" until you hear the 2 beeps just like setting your Mem1 or mem2. Once this is done you wont have a problem.

The issue happens when your exit preset is set all the way back to where is hits the rear stop.

Happy driving
This approach seems to have worked for our 2016 C7!!!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:51 PM
Mad Dog 98
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We have a 2017 Grand Sport. Had the exact same issues with the memory seat. I watched the above posted video and fixed it, just like that!! In the video the Vette was a 2014, and I guess you programmed the memory by holding the set button and number button at the same time. I followed the instructions with the only exception being I pressed the set button until I hear the beep, then pressed the number button. Thanks for the help, I was getting pretty frustrated trying to read the manual and fix it.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:29 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,298 Likes on 859 Posts

2014 M7 only had memory recall ON (at door open) or OFF. The software update added recall ON at door open or at ignition on. I'm tall enough that I can depress the clutch fully with the seat all the way back. My memory recall mainly lowers the steering wheel a bit.

Definitive description of memory recall is here:

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...tics-1299.html

No charge to install the software update back in 2014 when under warranty. Don't know if they will charge now...

Ron

Quick Reply: Memory Seat Problems