Sponsored by:

Reviews on non run flat tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 04:17 AM
Joegovette
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Reviews on non run flat tires

I don't need all season tires either. I live in AZ so there isn't any snow. I just bought some Z06 reproduction rims in black chrome for my Z51. I have almost 15k on my old stock tires so they will be replaced. Any reviews from people with non runflats would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:31 AM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

I have non run flats on z06 repros. They do great. I occasionally autocross on them as well. But overall a great tire.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:13 AM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

I'm going Michelin Pilot SS non-runflat when I replace the O.E.M. You will save about 18 lbs of rotating mass.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:29 AM
jdarc1
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I have non run flats on my 2015. The car has a slightly softer ride than with the run flats.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:44 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

When I put the new wheels on the car I shod them with Michelin AS3+ tires. The ride is softer and quiter. Sport mode with Mag ride is now about like Touring mode was before. I haven't really noticed a loss of traction even with some pretty sporty driving on country roads and highway exits. I have an Eforce blower on the car. I got them so I can drive the car more and not worry about road temps, rain. etc. They still call them Ultra High Performance All Season tires. I carry a plug kit, compressor and a AAA card.

Last edited by WKMCD; 07-20-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:34 PM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Joegovette
I don't need all season tires either. I live in AZ so there isn't any snow. I just bought some Z06 reproduction rims in black chrome for my Z51. I have almost 15k on my old stock tires so they will be replaced. Any reviews from people with non runflats would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the Tire Rack website. Type in the year & model of your C7. They will then give you a list of tires that fit your C7, both run flat and non-run flat. Then click on the tires you may be interested in. Tire Rack's performance rating for that particular tire will then pop up. You can compare performance ratings between the OME run flats and the non-run flats you might be interested in. Then, make your "informed" decision.
The following users liked this post:
cam30era (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 02:47 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I went with Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS. MUCH quieter grip is quite good and wet traction compared to the stock tires is better.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by HDBADDOG55
Go to the Tire Rack website. Type in the year & model of your C7. They will then give you a list of tires that fit your C7, both run flat and non-run flat. Then click on the tires you may be interested in. Tire Rack's performance rating for that particular tire will then pop up. You can compare performance ratings between the OME run flats and the non-run flats you might be interested in. Then, make your "informed" decision.
Sometimes tire rack reviews can be skewed.

It really depends on what the driver wants.

Quiet, dry grip not important, wet important. Maybe an all season

Dry grip extremely important. Not driven much in rain...maybe the mpss is the way to go.

I can tell you for grip on a track....in stock sizes mpss is hard to beat without going to r888/nt01 etc. are they noises? Imo yes. Do they do good in the wet. I think they do excellent personally.
The following users liked this post:
Woodson (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 03:03 PM
DickieDoo
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 159 Posts

I posted some stuff about this before, with some stats on Michelin PSS run flat, non-runflat, and Continental DW non-runflats. AS i recall there was someone that had them and loved them... They are quiet and ride very nice, so for street use, DW's are great and cheaper too!
Old 07-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 93 Posts

As an aside, I have a Slime tire repair kit in the car and wonder if there's essentially an "expiration date" for this item. Repeated attempts to contact the manufacturer have been unsuccessful, and I also plan on replacing the runflats with non-runflats when the time comes.
Thanks.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:01 PM
tom1fastcar
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default non-run flats

On my '08 I thought I had a bad mag ride control shock due to the harshness of the Eagle plus tires. Bought continental conti extremes--huge difference in: noise, impact harshness, and wear--all were amazingly better. I will go with non-run flats on my next 'vette (a c7 scheduled to arrive next week--a rebuilt--I know, I know-run Forest run!). Looking forward to everything I love about the C7!

Get notified of new replies

To Reviews on non run flat tires

Quick Reply: Reviews on non run flat tires