Sponsored by:

Where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 05:22 AM
kitesurfer
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 182 Posts

Default Where to buy?

I copied this quote... "and check the prices of some the vendors here, Criswell, MacMulkin, Coughlin, Kerbeck etc. You'll be glad you did."

What i want, '16 red vert stingray, is not available according to my dealer. it looks like I will have to order. When i ordered my ford transit van, the dealer appraised my truck and gave me a trade in figure. He sold the van to me at dealer cost minus any rebates.

my chevy dealer could not give me a value yesterday on my '13PHRT miata. He also 'insinuated' that i would pay MSRP unless chevy discounts. So, there appears to be no reason to buy local other than convience.

Do the BIG 4 dealers mentioned above reduce the price to make a sale?
Old 08-12-2016, 08:15 AM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

Sure they reduce the price...your dealer is trying to pull one over on ya:

Check out this link: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...inventory-160/
Old 08-12-2016, 08:17 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,483 Posts

You should get at least a 10% discount on 2016s in stock and a little less on ordering a 2017. Order from one of the 4 big forum dealers and arrange a courtesy delivery with a local dealer-usual charge around 3-5 hundred to do.
The following users liked this post:
Skid Row Joe (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 08:45 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Kitesurfer,
there are more than the big 4 who are discounting the '16's that are still in stock. My bet is that any of the top 20 or wo will give you a great deal on a new '16, and some may be closer to your location, with the car you want.
that's the good thing now for the bad. You are trading in a car, thus you will have to work hard to get a fair value for your trade. The dealer is going to low ball you and hope that you are dumb enough to take the offer. NOT! You gotta' dicker your trade just like you are dickering for that lower price on th new car. I have worked harder on getting the trade in value up than I have on getting the new car price down, and end up selling my car instead of trading. Of course some of this will be altered by your states tax laws, which sometimes will be good to help defray your value loss.
Remember to search the top dealers nation wide for that good deal and good ouck.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:47 AM
L8ter
Melting Slicks

Received 929 Likes on 522 Posts

Might want to check with Stingray Chevrolet here in Plant City Florida, A little out-of-the-way for you, but still much more convenient then the guys up the East Coast, and they are a forum vendor. http://www.stingraychevrolet.com/?re...1&p=1592830533
Call them up, See if they have what you want in stock, drive your trade-in across the state, drive home in a new Vette. Worked for me. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
kitesurfer (08-12-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Where to buy?

Quick Reply: Where to buy?