Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 11:49 AM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Originally Posted by stillcrazy
No Offence here but how do we know this is a zr1 to start with. Is there badging somewhere I missed. GM is always messing around with the prototypes
I see your point, but it makes sense that GM would release another C7 model to sell a few more units and keep interest focused on the C7. Despite the predictions of the magazines, the mid-engine car probably won't be out until 2019 as a MY2020. Until then GM needs more than the Z06 to keep the C7 as the big dog. A ZR1 will generate a lot of attention to the C7 and help keep sales up. So it's a logical move.
But, you're right, there is no proof other than the earlier post in this thread where a dealer confirmed a ZR1 is in the works.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:31 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

For those that doubt this mans comment......stick your hand out the window, edge facing forward , then tilt it down, now factor in a wing of this magnitude....physics people...physics are not always pretty...unless you drive a Porsche with their small variable speed wing...

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
Sure, by that logic your C7 is dumb and for looks only.

The wing has a functional purpose, whether you use it or not, as does your hood vent for active downforce and quarter vents for cooling. Neither of which does anything for you as you cruise around your neighborhood.

Btw, functional wings can introduce a good amount of downforce at highway speeds alone.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:32 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56
I see your point, but it makes sense that GM would release another C7 model to sell a few more units and keep interest focused on the C7. Despite the predictions of the magazines, the mid-engine car probably won't be out until 2019 as a MY2020. Until then GM needs more than the Z06 to keep the C7 as the big dog. A ZR1 will generate a lot of attention to the C7 and help keep sales up. So it's a logical move.
But, you're right, there is no proof other than the earlier post in this thread where a dealer confirmed a ZR1 is in the works.
Could it be the Z06 variant....who knows
Old 10-15-2016, 12:43 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy G.
OK, now THAT'S a wing!

Originally Posted by stillcrazy
No Offence here but how do we know this is a zr1 to start with. Is there badging somewhere I missed. GM is always messing around with the prototypes
You're right, we don't know...nothing Official has been announced yet.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:16 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56
That's my point, plus you add in the fact as long as I can remember ,and that's almost 70 yrs, even when GM was doing the autoramas and one offs you never saw a prototype come off the show circuit into production in tact. You saw models come off the production line with some of the aspects of the show car but never a complete unit into production.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:28 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Brooks
Oh no, GM u never learn.

This thing will kill its top speed. Will be slower than the current z06
Wings like that were never meant for top speed cars. Geezuz some of you arent very bright.

Quick Reply: 2018 Corvette ZR1 Shows Off Its Huge Rear Wing Up Close