Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 recalls

Old 10-26-2016, 09:34 AM
mtaxman
CF Senior Member

Liked 203 Times in 153 Posts
Default C7 recalls

sitting in my dealer waiting room while they reprogram the airbag and seat belt item and the service tech tells me there is a new campaign on the vented seats. Getting both done now.

What is the vented seat issue?

I also see the cooler temps have now brought my cold tire pressure down about 3 lbs to 32. Having them add some air per base 2016 spec.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:56 AM
dvilin
CF Senior Member

Liked 3,130 Times in 2,242 Posts

The Service Tech is the person to ask, since you are right there and he is going to do the work.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:12 AM
HDLARRY
CF Senior Member

Liked 25 Times in 21 Posts

If I remember correctly the vented seat issue had something to do with them not working when the car is started remotely. Software update fixes this.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:51 AM
fredmills
CF Senior Member

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

You trust the tech to add the right amount of air. LOL
Old 10-26-2016, 10:52 AM
fredmills
CF Senior Member

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

You trust the tech to add the right amount of air. LOL.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:59 AM
kabluie
CF Senior Member

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts

A friend of mine with a '16 C7 had a recall that had to do with the front brake rotor. I have not seen nor heard of this yet, but I'm waiting. Apparently they were not torqued correctly.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Liked 6,903 Times in 3,956 Posts

Folks are talking about two different things here. Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins (TSB), also known as "campaigns," are two different things.

Recalls are for safety reasons, and a car cannot be re-sold without being completed. TSBs are optional for customers reporting issues, and are often issued when widespread non-safety related issues are substantiated.

There was a TSB for brake rotors, but it was for 14 Z51 models which came w/ 2-piece rotors. I haven't heard of any subsequent campaigns for brake rotors.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:35 AM
Mr. Jones
CF Senior Member

Liked 50 Times in 46 Posts

The seat cooling/heating correction is for remote start.
The seats would not heat(if left on when car was shutdown) when the car was remote started.
Some issues with this software fix are:
You may have to reset your passive door lock settings (look in menu, vehicle, passive lock settings).
The drive mod and dash display settings may be different then before the upgrade.
Don't remember the path
ex. set: display linked to driver mod.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:41 AM
mtaxman
CF Senior Member

Liked 203 Times in 153 Posts

Originally Posted by fredmills View Post
Not that funny and no big deal; I can check when I get home...some variation between each corner but no harm having the dealer do it. I'll wait until they cool down and tweak..

The seat TSB is this I believe....I had not read about it here:

TSB Number:
SB-37030
NHTSA Number:
TSB Date:
April 21, 2016
Date Added to File:
August 17, 2016
Failing Component:
Seats:Front Assembly:Seat Heater/Cooler
Old 10-26-2016, 11:57 AM
springer-
CF Senior Member

Liked 155 Times in 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
There was a TSB for brake rotors, but it was for 14 Z51 models which came w/ 2-piece rotors. I haven't heard of any subsequent campaigns for brake rotors.
Actually I believe the TSB is for all C7 Z51's with 2 piece rotor (2014-2016). It states to check them for runout. It's commonly reported as pulsing in the brake pedal. If there is pulsing and the runout is out of spec then to replace them with the newer 1 piece design. It is noted that it is typically on the front rotors however they are to check the rears as well.

When I got it done (because of pulsing) they only replaced the front as the rears checked out fine. It resolved the issue.
The following users liked this post: springer-
Foosh (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Duntov7
CF Senior Member

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts

Info: Today received mail advice ("OWNER NOTICE" from GM Canada) called "Special Coverage Program 16009".

Basically making 'awareness' that some 2014 Corvettes may have a condition where a fuel odour is detected, fuel droplets appear below the left-hand fuel tank (driver side) with fuel gauge level above 1/2, or a malfunction indicator lamp illuminates due to a leak path in the driver side fuel tank at the Inlet Check Valve (ICV) to fuel tank shell interface".

Goes on to state ...."Do not take your vehicle to your GM dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe your vehicle has the condition as described above".

More details written....yada, yada.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Liked 6,903 Times in 3,956 Posts

Originally Posted by springer- View Post
Actually I believe the TSB is for all C7 Z51's with 2 piece rotor (2014-2016). It states to check them for runout. It's commonly reported as pulsing in the brake pedal. If there is pulsing and the runout is out of spec then to replace them with the newer 1 piece design. It is noted that it is typically on the front rotors however they are to check the rears as well.

When I got it done (because of pulsing) they only replaced the front as the rears checked out fine. It resolved the issue.
Thanks, for some reason, I was under the impression that they changed the Z51s to a one-piece rotor in the 15MY onward.

My '14 still has the 2-piece rotors, and they are smooth as silk.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:59 PM
PUGPROUD
CF Senior Member

Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fredmills View Post
Almost all dealerships over inflate tires significantly on purpose. Because most buyers rarely check tire pressure dealers consider it a safety issue to counteract lost pressure over time. Vette owners and owners of high performance cars are the exception but every dealer I know still does it. Last weekend when I was recalibrating my pressure the 35 year old guy next to me in a Sentra was eyeballing his four tires to get even pressure. I took the time to lend him my gauge and show him where he finds the correct pressure for his car on his car. Hard to believe that nobody ever showed him before but he is likely typical not the exception amongst general public.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 recalls

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: