Sponsored by:

Center console warm

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Chevette!?!?
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sTz
I should be warm, but not hot... Not sure how you would define "very warm." If you feel that it's excessive, then take it to the dealership... but most likely it is typically heat generated by the torque tube and exhaust.
Well, Actually to me very warm means any noticeable heat,.....considering It has to penetrate a factory heat shield, the floor pan, and then the console. With the car moving with constant air flow I would think there wouldn't be any warmth at all. But this is my first sports car and from the posts that I'm reading the temperature is normal for a Corvette. It's not excessive at all. Thanx for the help!
Old 12-20-2016, 09:24 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

You notice the heat even more if you have a shifter with an exposed metal shaft.
The following users liked this post:
Chevette!?!? (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 09:43 AM
Chevette!?!?
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Hurst shifter! NICE! My C7 is automatic. I'll just drink hot coffee from now on.No problemo!

Last edited by Chevette!?!?; 12-20-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:01 AM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Originally Posted by falconhulk
I kept mine in there also and never noticed the heat. I was surprised when that was mentioned. Granted, I rarely drove it more then 45 minutes each way before it went into the garage for winter. Speaking of which, looks like you are not too far from me. Do you drive in the winter? That salt\brine they put everywhere for the ice storm made me realize I made the right choice about putting it away.
I do not put it away. I drive it all year as long as the roads are clear and dry. I have Conti AS tires on it and it performs well in all weather conditions.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:02 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

It is normal, but you don't have to run your heater and your beverages remain warm.
The following users liked this post:
Chevette!?!? (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 12:29 PM
QKSLVRZ
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by falconhulk
I kept mine in there also and never noticed the heat. I was surprised when that was mentioned. Granted, I rarely drove it more then 45 minutes each way before it went into the garage for winter. Speaking of which, looks like you are not too far from me. Do you drive in the winter? That salt\brine they put everywhere for the ice storm made me realize I made the right choice about putting it away.
I think I fired my battery in my C6 while I was driving it to Michigan to trade it in, and it gets quite warm in the C7 I drove home.

Watch your batteries..........
Old 12-20-2016, 12:37 PM
dfettero
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 136 Posts

He should be excited. He actually got a beverage to stay in the "cup" holder long enough to get warm!
Old 11-19-2017, 08:56 AM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsperson
I had to have Dynamat put in my C5 it was so bad. It definitely cooled things down and it was quieter as a bonus.

Have not really experienced it in my C7.
dynamat insulate heat as well? I thought it's just for noise didn't know that. Got some leftover dynamat that's a year old might try it out.

well before I didn't really notice the center console being warm, noticed it yesterday under normal driving condition, either it wasn't warm before until now or I never noticed it (my leg never touch the center console to notice it) but sounds like it suppose to be warm so...

it's pretty warm, like a little warmer than the forehead when you have a fever, is that normal. (maybe more than a little warmer)

Also the cabin gets pretty hot vs other cars right? car produces so much heat.

Quick Reply: Center console warm