mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by DWS44
Thanks for the effort.

I'd say that under $40, I'd be in for a set, as long as a perfect match to the Tension Blue fender vinyl. I know the corvettemods overlays come with the full overlay to cover both the "GRAND" and "SPORT" lines. Personally, I only want to cover the bottom "SPORT" line that is currently red.
Yea, I noticed that with the CorvetteMods one, don't need the word GRAND.

I'd probably purchase one, even though my sills are covered in XPel. At some point I may have to pull that up and I would have the decal ready to go.

For the sill plates, I would definitely recommend anyone doing it to cover it with XPel or something similar after, that's a high traffic area....

With shipping the CorvetteMods one was just under $25. Set it up with just the word SPORT as mentioned, getting it to my door for $40 would seem reasonable.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:04 PM
LA88C7CE
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the effort.

I'd say that under $40, I'd be in for a set, as long as a perfect match to the Tension Blue fender vinyl. I know the corvettemods overlays come with the full overlay to cover both the "GRAND" and "SPORT" lines. Personally, I only want to cover the bottom "SPORT" line that is currently red.
. The place did my Xpel quoted me $25-$50 for covering the sill plates with T-Blue. Not on my priority list unless there is a DIY one like the side emblems. Yeah, I did both the Grand and Sport on the side emblems and it looked funny. Came back here to review the previous post and went back out ripped the blue off the Grand. It's perfect now. Corvette Mods should have sold just one letter for half of the price.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:49 AM
GregNYC
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

How is the baseball-cap embroidery issue going? Is anyone doing it?
Old 11-20-2017, 10:54 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I should have the proof back in the next day or two. Once I get that, I can approve them to stitch out a sample. When I get that I'll go back down there to their showroom, I want to look a little closer at garments to try and suggest a few for folks and get some rough pricing from them. With Thanksgiving this week I'm guessing it could wrap into next week. I was hoping to get things done more quickly as I'm thinking some may want to get stuff in by Christmas but I'm not optimistic for that! Will keep folks updated as stuff comes in!
Old 11-20-2017, 12:16 PM
GregNYC
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I really like the charcoal-colored cap that banph showed in post #810. The embroidery looks nice on that one.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:18 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Assuming the quality is as good (I don't suspect otherwise, I've used this company before) you should be able to get that....
Old 11-20-2017, 01:21 PM
banph
Pro

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Winner -- Unmodified

When I did the embroidery on the hats, I bought two of them. One charcoal and the other light blue to compliment the tension Blue interior.
I have worn the charcoal hat, but not the light blue one. It is new and never been worn. I know Mountainears is doing something as well, but if anyone is interested in this hat, PM me. I want $30 shipped.
Attached Images   

Last edited by banph; 11-20-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:04 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

They sent me an email with a sample of the embroidery. Anyone have any concerns / comments? Looks pretty darn good to me :-)

I'm trying to get some pricing info on a few items to give people an idea and work out the logistics of how we do this. Once I do that I'll be contacting folks directly I guess that have expressed interest in this.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:32 PM
JoeysZ06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
They sent me an email with a sample of the embroidery. Anyone have any concerns / comments? Looks pretty darn good to me :-)

I'm trying to get some pricing info on a few items to give people an idea and work out the logistics of how we do this. Once I do that I'll be contacting folks directly I guess that have expressed interest in this.

Looks great!! Keep me posted on what items and cost when available. I'm in.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:41 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by JoeysZ06
Looks great!! Keep me posted on what items and cost when available. I'm in.
Pretty much anything in their catalog. So folks will need to let me know what type of garment or item they want it embroidered on and I can get a quote for the price of it. They have tons of different stuff and we'll be able to do future orders as well, as long as there are at least 6 pieces. The more we order, the cheaper it is...

I'll be PM'ing folks probably later next week that showed interest with more details when I get them. Turns out this was really a "virtual" proof, they will stitch it out for real early next week.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:08 PM
LA88C7CE
Instructor

NICE! for t-shirt, we may need to shorten it down to about 4" to fit the top left on the shirt.?
Old 11-20-2017, 10:17 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

They told me pocket size on shirts is usually 5â€. So we tried to keep it just under that so it would fit nicely above a pocket.

Try printing it out life size so you can see what it looks like.

They would all be stitched the same size or there is another setup charge. So if it was shrunk down it would be the same size for all.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Tweedy
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

They told me pocket size on shirts is usually 5 €. So we tried to keep it just under that so it would fit nicely above a pocket.

Try printing it out life size so you can see what it looks like.

They would all be stitched the same size or there is another setup charge. So if it was shrunk down it would be the same size for all.
Hi - I think it looks great!! As I said in the PM, wonder if it would look better with “Collector Edition” in the same silver color as “Grand”? Wonder what folks on the forum think - better or worse? I would also be interested in the charcoal hat, long tee, polo and maybe a henley?
Old 11-20-2017, 11:18 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Tweedy
Hi - I think it looks great!! As I said in the PM, wonder if it would look better with “Collector Edition” in the same silver color as “Grand”? Wonder what folks on the forum think - better or worse? I would also be interested in the charcoal hat, long tee, polo and maybe a henley?
I can't adjust what they sent me, but here's a mock up of what it would look like with the other color as you suggest. I believe we'll have to choose one way or the other unless we want another setup charge, but I can check to see if the colors can be alternated based on individual choice.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:28 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Confirmed already (they're responsive), they can mix the colors up....so people could choose which way they like better :-)
Old 11-21-2017, 12:37 AM
LA88C7CE
Instructor

Two of my shirts has a 4-inch pocket. As long as it looks proportion then it should be fine.

I like the silver on the word Collector Edition better. I think it has better contrast. I'm ready.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:10 AM
LIGHTNING
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

DD or not, it's still a CE in my book. Any way you slice it, it's a bad *** car.
ANYTHING branded as "Collectors Edition" never is. Anyone who put out extra $$$ for the CE for any reason other than they love Smurf Blue vinyl, will be gravely disappointed when they try to sell it.
The following users liked this post:
jcriner (12-27-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 08:11 AM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
ANYTHING branded as "Collectors Edition" never is. Anyone who put out extra $$$ for the CE for any reason other than they love Smurf Blue vinyl, will be gravely disappointed when they try to sell it.
That was kind of you to drop by the thread devoted to the CE just to crap on our cars and show us the error of our ways. Appreciate the hot take.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:52 AM
LIGHTNING
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

That was kind of you to drop by the thread devoted to the CE just to crap on our cars and show us the error of our ways. Appreciate the hot take.
My apologies! Didn't realize you're only permitted to drop by threads that only pertain to your specific vehicle. And FYI...The point I was attempting to make (key word being "attempting") is that anyone who shells out money for something....anything...because it's labeled "Collectors Edition" or "Limited Edition" thinking it's going to have added value, is not very wise. Wasn't trying to crap on your cars. The GS is a great car! And lots of people like Smurfs

Last edited by LIGHTNING; 11-21-2017 at 10:39 AM.
microday (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:16 AM
microday
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LIGHTNING

Why would we be gravely disappointed? I infer from your comment that you believe we will sell our CE for less money than we purchased.
I agree with you, that is my expectation.

Most of us purchased the CE because we liked it!

Added bonus, we have our own sticky on the forum, that is worth my $4,995 alone. But we also get the heritage package, full length stripes, carbon fiber interior, black wheels and a number plaque.

The smurf reference is outstanding, I never put the two together but now I have a personalized licence plate idea.

Last edited by microday; 11-21-2017 at 10:08 AM.
LIGHTNING (11-21-2017)

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread