C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Rack for C7 Vert? (No hitch options preferred)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 08:25 PM
k_arnold
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Bike Rack for C7 Vert? (No hitch options preferred)

I actually rode my road bike about as many miles as my C7 Vette last year, just about 5100 miles on each. I always ride from my house and it works well, but there are times I'd like to take the bike somewhere new. I looked at the Seasucker but it will not work unless I go to the $1400 Komodo model they tell me. The Seasucker Talon will not fit a vert, just a coupe.

I hope to ride more miles this year in both the Vette and the bike.

Anyone successful making a bike rack work that doesn't involve using a hitch?

Seasucker sent me this great shot saying it will work on my car but I had to educate the chat guy this is a coupe, not a convertible.

Last edited by k_arnold; 01-30-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Bikeman
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Bikerack

This has been discussed here before. I have a coupe and others have also put bikes in the back with both wheels off and possibly putting the seat post down. I have other vehicles to transport bike so I don't rely on vet. Suspect anything larger than a 56 cm or a 52 slope would not fit in coupe with any ease. I suspect a vert would not accommodate a bike.certainly that external system wouldn't.work with a convertible.IMO any bike rack that is not hitch based is not reliable and I wouldn't use them.bottom line you probably need another transport option
The following users liked this post:
k_arnold (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 09:03 PM
k_arnold
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikeman
bottom line you probably need another transport option
Yes, I do have a Lincoln MKX and a Nissan Maxima. It's just that I'd love to use the C7 if possible. Likely this will not work cheaply or without a hitch.

Still open to ideas.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:14 PM
jmeirhofer
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Don’t know if you ever found a solution but I just found out today that my 54cm Cervelo will fit in the trunk with the wheels and seat removed, and the bar loosened so it can fold down. After getting it in, I many not have needed to remove the seat either. If I removed the pedals I could put it in the other way and have room for my transition bag as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Bike Rack for C7 Vert? (No hitch options preferred)

Quick Reply: Bike Rack for C7 Vert? (No hitch options preferred)