Sponsored by:

My 2016 Base A8 getting new rear axle

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 08:38 AM
KWC6
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Default My 2016 Base A8 getting new rear axle

I guess when my vette had less than 1,000 miles when I began to hear a noise behind the driver side on the left, like near the left rear wheel. It was annoying. Car runs fine, shifts perfect, but annoying noise. If I put it into Manual mode it seem to be better, less noise. Service mgr thought it was due to exhaust mode, V4-V8. This was back in April. Now with my vette having 16,000 miles I took it back in. A new service mgr. worked on wrapping exhaust, no luck. Then microphone fuel lines and rear end. Finally they decided to replace rear axle. It goes in March 14th. I shall keep this updated.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:31 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I hope U don't have the dreaded WARBLE noise a lot of us have experienced. Search for 'warble sound occasionally" post that I authored. Lot of base A8's with this problem. GM has finally narrowed it down to bad ring and pinion gear in the differential. GM got a bad batch of diff. so if they change yours out make sure it is the new improved diff. or U will have the same problem as before. They changed out my 1/2 shaft on drivers side and replaced my exhaust thinking that was the problem, did not fix it. I finally lemon lawed GM and they bought my car back. I now have a 17 GS, no noise. From your description I would bet money you have the same problem I had. My noise occurred at 1500 RPM on slight acceleration on an incline mostly, but I could get it to make the noise almost anytime in any gear. Good luck with the fix.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

That's the first thing that came to my mind Bruce. KWC6, here's the thread. On page 51, post #1005 there are some good videos with the sound. You may want to check it out before the car gets torn apart for nothing.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...asionally.html

"Warbler's of the world unite."

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 03-04-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To My 2016 Base A8 getting new rear axle

Quick Reply: My 2016 Base A8 getting new rear axle