Sponsored by:

Good dealership experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 04:11 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts
Default Good dealership experience

I was hearing a whining noise coming out of the engine compartment. I investigated on google a little bit and deducted it was probably the belt tensioner or the water pump. I have 29K on the car. I just this past week moved to Lake Havasu City, AZ and thought I would give Bradley Chevrolet a try. I was close to the oil change anyway. This morning I ventured over there to schedule a service and ask about the noise. I drove right into the service writer area and a gal comes over and mentions the whining noise coming out of the engine compartment. She summons a mechanic over to the area, and that took all of about 20 seconds for him to show up. He listens a little bit and stated “water pump or belt tensioner.” He said he would know for sure after putting a listening device on the suspected parts. The service writer asks if I would like to leave the car. It was 11 AM and asked her if I would get it back today. She stated yes, if we have the part. She went on to say that if they don’t I could pick the car up and bring it back when the part arrives. I asked her what kind of oil they use. She said it was the recommended Mobil One 5-30. I said good to that.
So I leave there about 10 minutes after arriving with their driver to take me home. I’m home about 11:30 AM. I get a call at 12:15 PM and she said all was good. They did the oil change and replaced the belt tensioner. My jaw drops! 45 minutes? Yes my friends, all done in 45 minutes. She said they would send someone right over to pick me up. Of course the belt tensioner was all covered by the warranty. I paid for the oil change and was on my way. What a happy camper I was. I checked the oil level and for any leaks. Perfect level on the wet sump. And the oil plug and surrounding area was as dry as could be.
I would have to say based on my first experience with them I’ll be back for more. By far and away the best service I have ever had from a dealership service department.
The following users liked this post:
NavyDoc2007 (04-11-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 04:46 PM
George Washnak
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

It's nice to hear from people when they have a good experience too, not just the bad ones. Sounds like a good dealership to frequent and recommend to others.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:01 PM
curve65
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 178 Posts

That's very cool, glad you good such good service. I wish everyone could be as lucky. Thanks for sharing this.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:09 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,760 Likes on 3,176 Posts

Arizona? Try that in NJ or the tri-state area lol.

nice.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:29 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default therefore.....

.......follow up by filling out whatever form they give you to endorse them, go online and give them a recommendation AND let them know you did so.

Once I found a dealership/mechanic I liked I did everything reasonable to let others and them know I appreciate them. It's a relationship once made can pay off for all parties....
The following users liked this post:
joemessman (04-11-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Good dealership experience

Quick Reply: Good dealership experience